Coolest nicknames

jon tarkaryen

As I recall it, he was called that by people in KL for roaming the streets and shouting 'hot pie' - that makes it a nickname (can't imagin his mother actually put the name down on his birth certificate...:)

No I doubt that his mother gave him that name, if she gave him one at all, but I got the impression that that was the only name he knew of himself. But hey, I could be wrong!

Arya: "Winterfell!"

Hot Pie: "Hot Pie!!" :lol:

Which ones would those be??? Edmure Tully's wife maybe

I was trying to remember that one!!, BTW she's a Frey isn't she?

I believe she is, though formally she may be a Lannister now that she is/was married to Lancel (hope I don't get it mixed up and wrong here).

I believe she is, though formally she may be a Lannister now that she is/was married to Lancel (hope I don't get it mixed up and wrong here).

No, that was another Frey daughter ("Gatehouse Ami") that married Lancel. Roslin is still wed to Edmure, and expecting his child. Roslin is a direct daughter of Lord Walder himself, while Ami is the daughter of Merrett Frey, who was killed in the epilogue of ASoS.

No, that was another Frey daughter ("Gatehouse Ami") that married Lancel. Roslin is still wed to Edmure, and expecting his child. Roslin is a direct daughter of Lord Walder himself, while Ami is the daughter of Merrett Frey, who was killed in the epilogue of ASoS.

That is the one we are talking about (Gatehouse Ami). but hey, once a Frey always a Frey, no?

That is the one we are talking about (Gatehouse Ami). but hey, once a Frey always a Frey, no?

True, but she was chosen to wed Lancel because of her Darry blood, to help cement Lancel's claim to Castle Darry.

And may I still add The Goat? Wasn't The Goat = Vargo Hoat, who could lispel 'Kingsthflayer'

so perfectly?

hahaha how could we forgot good old Goat.Oh and I like nickname of his fool,but I cant translate it since I dont have english version of book.

The topic question was more loosely put.

And choosing an absolute favorite is hard.

Too many with each a different charm.

Like colours, chocolates, people, songs.

agree.and I dont know how to make polls.is it possible on this forums?

still,if it is possible someone should do it.

Well now that Lancel has effectively devorced her. She can either stay a lannister (like Lysa) or go back to her maiden name (like Cersei) of Frey. Knowing her she'll probably be married off soon enough ... poor girl her name is already Lady Amerei Lannister of the Blue Fork Frey atleats all of Marg's husbands have been Baratheon's.

I purposely didn't mention the Frey's nn though cause there's almost as many of them as there are other characters.

oh there are few nice freys.roslin, olyvar, perwyn...and nobody else.

hell,we forgot Edmures nickname....Floopy Fish.

h ... poor girl her name is already Lady Amerei Lannister of the Blue Fork Frey atleats all of Marg's husbands have been Baratheon's.

margaery is: Queen Lady Margaery Tyrell Of One Baratheon Of Another Baratheon And Of Another Baratheon.now thats a long name.

Actually, I would go with the other interpretation.

I wouldn't. Like you said yourself, "the lion" is not "the Lion of Lannister," no more than "the stormlord" is "the Laughing Storm" or "the wolf" is "the Young Wolf." One isn't capitalized, while the other one is, suggesting a proper noun. Since neither of us can get inside GRRM's head, though, maybe we should just agree to disagree.

She can either stay a lannister (like Lysa) or go back to her maiden name (like Cersei) of Frey.

Actually, I believe Cersei was always Cersei Lannister, which would explain why Joffrey and Tommen are of the Houses Baratheon and Lannister. This would, I suppose, have been a result of Lord Tywin's negotiations with Jon Arryn following the Sack of King's Landing.

the lord of bones,

The lightning lord

mother of dragons

strong belwas

barristan the bold

the bear {jorah mormant}

the red priest

the king beyond the wall

Most of all the nick name are pretty cool so I could go on for ever. :rolleyes:

well surely some of charachters dont have their nicknames but most of them do.and real nicknames,not just shorten form of name.btw,Oberyn once or twice called mace "fat flower".

And also the QoT referred to him as "Lord Puff Fish" & "Lord Oaf of Highgarden." Ha. He's such a dumbass even his own mother insults him.

Baelor Breakwind was another Oberyn-bestowed nickname. He had a knack for coming up w/ funny yet insulting ones.

And also the QoT referred to him as "Lord Puff Fish" & "Lord Oaf of Highgarden." Ha. He's such a dumbass even his own mother insults him.

Baelor Breakwind was another Oberyn-bestowed nickname. He had a knack for coming up w/ funny yet insulting ones.

yea he also make up those "squire lazy eye" and "whale that walks" something like that :lol:

I wouldn't. Like you said yourself, "the lion" is not "the Lion of Lannister," no more than "the stormlord" is "the Laughing Storm" or "the wolf" is "the Young Wolf." One isn't capitalized, while the other one is, suggesting a proper noun. Since neither of us can get inside GRRM's head, though, maybe we should just agree to disagree.

I must say I belive this is Tywin in question.like first Jaime is Lion of Lannister though he was reffered like that only few times(Kingslayer is much cooler:).and Tywin was head of house lannister,its more logical to blame him,then Jaime who is in eyes of world still arrogant oathbreaker.

So, are we going to vote for favorites, poll like?

Hi, Iron Maid. I think the best thing one could do pollwise is wait ''till all is said and done"

on this thread, and then see which one has been mentioned most. Quotes not included.

Cheers. (And who would be so kind to count).

'And who are you the proud lord said that I must bow so low.' (sorry, just reread the red wedding) :cry:

Hi, Iron Maid. I think the best thing one could do pollwise is wait ''till all is said and done"

on this thread, and then see which one has been mentioned most. Quotes not included.

'And who are you the proud lord said that I must bow so low.' (sorry, just reread the red wedding) :cry:

is it possible to do a real poll on this forums or someone must manualy count?

Hi L.C, agreed. Though it was an amused suggestion to begin with:)

The nicest thing in this thread is that it flashed out all these really cool nicknames. What abundance…!

Archived