Coolest nicknames

jon tarkaryen

Queen of Thorns

Strongboar

Gatehouse Ami

And for nicknames that are not really official, but used once or twice: Swordswench, Lord of Ham.

In that category I would put "Baelor Butthole" something bestowed in Jaime's mind on poor Bonifer Hasty who was a noted knight before he renounced it all for the gods when his lover Rhaenerys (?) married Aerys

My favorites have been mentioned especially Littlefinger, the best IMHO. I do like halfman. Also, the Queen of Thorns and all HER nicknames - including Left and Right (whose real names appear to be taken from some old heroes) and Lord Puff Fish etc. She can even make a proper title or name sound snide. Of course all these verbal thorns hide her real ones. The "Stinky Steward" (nickname of a boat) is my favorite of the day bc I think it is actually the Perfumed Seneschal and I am patting myself on the back a little <G>

In no particular order:

The Mountain that Rides

Darkstar (because he's of the night)

The Smiling Knight

Kingslayer

Shitmouth

Arya Underfoot

The Dragonknight

The unburnt/Stormborn

Half Hand

Stoneheart

Baleor Breakspear

does Hot Pies count?

Of course Hot Pie counts! I especially love his battle cry. Very unique.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone mentioned Dolorous Edd, yet? Cause that one is awesome and it is so right for the character. I also like the Old Bear.

I also have to agree with everyone else and say that the Red Viper is the coolest nickname and even though I hate him, The Mountain that Rides is pretty badass.

Also...HODOR! Technically it's not his actual name, so it can be considered a nickname. :P

Archived