Organising stuff to do in Chicago before and after WorldCon

Alytha

Good point.

Currently, there's tickets for the following times: 10:00, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 1:00, 1:30, 2:00, 3:00 and 3:30.

Personally, I'd go for 11:00 or 11:30.

Could the other people who were interested in coming along please let me know which timing they'd prefer, so we can all book soonishly?

Good time. :)

Did I sign up for this? I don't remember. :leaving:

ETA

I checked and I don't think that I signed up for it. I may be come along and make this my only boat trip, though. But not quite sure yet. ;)

I could use some more money. :leaving:

;)

Just a reminder dont forget to Vote for the Hugo. Tuesday is the deadline.

I voted for ADWD for Novel

Anne Groell for Editor

John Picacio for Artist

and GoT for Drama long form

if anyone is looking for suggestions. :)

Voted a looong time ago... :P

Anyway...just to avoid confusion, the boat tour as planned would be on 4th September. (29th August is Museum day)

The ticket system still lists "high" availability (whatever that means) for the 11:00 tour that day, so I'd go for that one and you're all very much invited to join me if you want. Tours last 90 minutes.

(please understand if I ask you to each book your own tickets for this)

If I can help in any way (by purchasing my own museum tickets for example :P ) let me know. I just need to know the time and what cool things to add to my ticket.

Has anyone grabbed any of the Chicago Cubs tickets that Chicon had acquired? It would be on the 31st at 1:20. With tickets $32 each.

http://www.chicon.org/cubsgame.php

Does any of the native Chicago people know if you really have to buy tickets for the Museum of Science and Industry in advance, or can you get them at the museum without a problem?

People can of course add whatever extra stuff they like, but I'll stick to the Mythbusters as the only extra I think.

Does any of the native Chicago people know if you really have to buy tickets for the Museum of Science and Industry in advance, or can you get them at the museum without a problem?

If you want only general admission to the Museum of Science and Industry, you do not need a ticket in advance. However, if you're going on a weekend, the lines are likely to be long, and so buying a ticket in advance may be helpful. If you are buying tickets to a special exhibition, then frequently those do sell out and advance purchase is probably the safest best.

Right...one event done, but many to go...don't be afraid to post, if you have any good ideas or just don't like hanging around on your own! :)

Concerning the Museum of Science and Industry, I think I'll take the risk and not order any tickets in advance. If worst comes to worst, we'll have to improvise. There's so many museums around Hyde Park that we should be able to find something interesting to fill the day.

Concerning the trip to the Indiana Dunes, does anybody volunteer their car, or as a driver? Does anybody know where the most convenient place to pick up a car would be, if we rent one?

Also, if you're thinking about coming along (some oxygen and sunlight will do you good after the Con ;) ), please let us know so we know how big the car has to be, or how many we need!

Alternatively, there seems to be a train line going there: South Shore Line Passenger Service. Which form of transport would the natives recommend? Thank you :)

Archived