Organising stuff to do in Chicago before and after WorldCon

Alytha

Aly - put me and Mentat down for the Science museum expedition.:) Will be fun to do that together. Not sure about the other things - will post once we have done some more research.

I'll be going on a boat tour sometime on the Thursday, if anyone else is interested. Not sure about the time yet.

PM me if you fancy doing the 11am architectural boat tour - Mentat and I are planning to book our tickets this weekend and would do it on the Thursday to have the pleasure of your company.

We are also interested in the Institute of Art but unsure if we'd have time for that on Thursday afternoon because it depends if there is anything particular we want to do at the con. (Haven't had time to properly look at the programme yet)

Sophie

Aly - put me and Mentat down for the Science museum expedition. :) Will be fun to do that together. Not sure about the other things - will post once we have done some more research.

PM me if you fancy doing the 11am architectural boat tour - Mentat and I are planning to book our tickets this weekend and would do it on the Thursday to have the pleasure of your company.

We are also interested in the Institute of Art but unsure if we'd have time for that on Thursday afternoon because it depends if there is anything particular we want to do at the con. (Haven't had time to properly look at the programme yet)

Sophie

Soph - would be lovely! Let me just find out if I have a meeting with an archival fella on Thursday and I'll let you know.

I'll be going on a boat tour sometime on the Thursday, if anyone else is interested. Not sure about the time yet.

I'd go on the boat tour with you if I get in on time. But I really, really want to get to the Art Institute, so count me in if a group decides to go. :)

Thursday looks like this for me: boat tour 11am (have to be there at 10:30), Art Institute in the afternoon. Glancing at the schedule, there was a con thing in the evening I was interested in.

There'll also be the Lego store, though that could be any day. :)

I actually completely forgot about the Planetarium thing when I booked the ghost tour...I'll try to go to the Planetarium before that for a bit though.

You also get free entry to it for the duration of the Con.

To start things off: (just two things, as I'm not actually getting paid for doing this kind of stuff at work...)

The Field Museum at the Museum Campus

Features: Sue the T-Rex, a Ghengis Khan exhibition, Egyptian Mummies, and lots of other cool stuff.

Possible dates: "my" group: August 28 (should fill an entire day)

Who's coming? :) (and when?)

People coming so far: Me, Adz. MG, Arantius, SB

Meeting point for everybody who wants to come to the Field Museum on Tuesday: at 9:30 in the Hyatt lobby :)

Meeting point for everybody who wants to come to the Field Museum on Tuesday: at 9:30 in the Hyatt lobby :)

Great!

Mentat and I are coming too :-)

Thanks for coordinating things.

Sophie

Day Trip to The Indiana Dunes for a nice day hiking around in nature.

Might be worth renting a car for a day, depending on interest.

Something I would like to do as a bit of balancing after being stuck inside for the Con for a couple of days, so: 4/5/6 September.

ETA: Very probably going to take place on 5th September (if it does).

People: Me, Song of Hounds and Wolves, motherofdragoncats, Adz?

Hey guys, I'd just like to relaunch the Indiana Dunes expedition. Who's definetely going to come on Tuesday? Thanks :)

Edit to the above: I mean Wednesday, obviously. Or possibly Thursday, as weather is announced a bit crappy for Wednesday.

Other possible thing for these two days: Oriental Institute and Food tour. Any takers? ;)

Archived