She Wolves of Winterfell is less than 2 months away

greygnarl

What about release date? I am happy to see it done,but not being asoiaf book (meaning huge number of buyers) I can't imagine it getting scheduled for fast publication,let say in a month. But,before the end of the year,cool!

Yay, looking forward to it!

BTW does anyone know when (or fearfully if) the Mystery Knight is going to be transcribted into a graphic novel? I like the short stories in written form, but I would like to see in what way the content of the Mystery Knight is going to be visualised.

not to get off topic, but is there anyway to read the previous Dunk & Egg novellas without buying the full anthologies? Looking for them standalone

I know eventually they will group them into one book, but in the meantime...

The only thing I can recommend is to buy the books used. That should save you a ton a money. I just bought two used hardcover books by Jacqueline Carey for $.01 each from Amazon.

I'd like to see a link to prove this, but if this is true I'll be very happy.

"Dunk the Lunk, thick as a castle wall"

This is the quote from the blog.

Dunk & Egg #4, An original novella of Dunk & Egg. Working on it. Hope to have it done by worldcon. It's scheduled to be published in

DANGEROUS WOMEN. A huge crossgenre anthology that Gardner Dozois and I are doing for Tor. Largely complete, except for Dunk & Egg. Well, we're waiting for three rewrites, but my own story will likely be the last one in, then we can move this one to "done and delivered."

not to get off topic, but is there anyway to read the previous Dunk & Egg novellas without buying the full anthologies? Looking for them standalone

You can try AbeBooks as well, many used books going cheap as chips: http://www.abebooks.co.uk/?cm_ven=Google&cm_cat=UBT&cm_pla=abebooks.&cm_ite=abebooks.

For instance, Warriors (The Mystery Knight) is being sold for £ 2.40

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=George+r+r+Martin&bt.x=0&bt.y=0&sts=t&tn=Warriors

Legends (The Hedge Knight) is going for £ 0.77

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=George+r+r+Martin&bt.x=0&bt.y=0&sts=t&tn=Legends

Legends II (The Sworn Sword) Is £ 5.40

http://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/SearchResults?an=George+r+r+Martin&bt.x=37&bt.y=15&sts=t&tn=Legends+II

Apologies, I had quoted the wrong post. :P

Note: the story will be finished by Worldcon. It will not be published until Dangerous Women is released, which at this time is not likely to be until the first half of 2013. So we likely won't get to read it for another year.

No. You can get the graphic novels of the first two separately, but otherwise the stories are only available in their respective anthologies. Note that if you're having trouble finding the original Legends, The Hedge Knight is also in Dreamsongs (in the second volume of the two-book edition), which is still in print.

The first Dunk and Egg collection (collecting The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, The Mystery Knight and The She-Wolves) will likely be out in the mid-to-late 2014, assuming The She-Wolves will have the standard 18-month exclusivity contract on it (i.e. it can't come out until 18 months after Dangerous Women is published) and GRRM's ASoIaF publishers will want to get it out ASAP to act as a stopgap until The Winds of Winter comes out.

BTW does anyone know when (or fearfully if) the Mystery Knight is going to be transcribted into a graphic novel? I like the short stories in written form, but I would like to see in what way the content of the Mystery Knight is going to be visualised.

As far as I know, GRRM was game for it but they had to wait for 2 years before it's contractually allowed. Warriors came out in 2010, so...

I love the first two graphic novels and I'm a proud owner of the hardcovers. Can't wait for the third.

As far as I know, GRRM was game for it but they had to wait for 2 years before it's contractually allowed. Warriors came out in 2010, so...

I love the first two graphic novels and I'm a proud owner of the hardcovers. Can't wait for the third.

Ah, perfect timing then! I think I am going to check Not A Blog more often now and wait for GRRM announcing it :)

I hope it to be drawn by the same artist who allready did the first two graphic novels. I would have liked if he had done the GoT graphic novel as well to have more continuity for the visual interpretation. I was upset when I saw it drawn in a different style.

I didn't know the release date was so close. Crazy excited to meet the she-wolves!

Edit:

Note: the story will be finished by Worldcon. It will not be published until Dangerous Women is released, which at this time is not likely to be until the first half of 2013. So we likely won't get to read it for another year.

That's what I get for skimming the thread. :(

Archived