Is Wow going to see the Starks vengence?

total1402

Pretty much all the books have given all the Starks an atrocious time of it. Betrayed by their own bannermen and abused by all around them. The same can be said of the Tullys. In fact Manderlys daughters impassioned statement on what many Northmen felt about the Starks probably is the right of it.

Anyway, do you think the next book will see all the Starks suddenly become a massively important faction in the GoT again? Could they be the ones Tyrion believed would rise to defeat Aegon?

*Davos is on his way to get Rickon. But why would Manderly support fire worshipper Stannis if he gets the true King of the North? Things seem to be building towards the end of the Boltons and the other houses seem to be prepared to turn for Stark again. Essentially they could regain the North.

*After jamies disappearence the Lannister army in the Riverlands is disintegrating and melting away. That only leaves the hated Freys ruling over the Riverlands, many of whom were Tully bannermen who suffered at the Twins. Cat Stark is, although undead, still a Tully and could use the unrest to raise the Riverlands in revolt. Most of the Frey host went North and they've proven how militarily incompetant they were at Riverun.

*Sansa is in the Veil. Regardless of what happens, whether she gets rid of Baelish n marries lil Jon or if she convinces him to stake his claim as Lord of the Riverlands; Sansa will probably be in a real position of power. Potentially bringing the Vale and even the Riverlands. Again, theres no way a minor house like the Freys could resist a major one like Arryn who are at full strength. Sansa is as much a Tully as a Stark and Tully bannermen could well side with her on that premise. They, or she, could also sway House Tyrell (whats left of it after Aegon sows dissent among its bannermen) to ally themselves with House Stark.

Potentially that could dramatically change the power balance in Westeros. A big part of the last two books was to show that a big chunk of the Northern and Riverland armies were still fairly intact but disorganised and leaderless. They could take up arms again if the situation changed. Thats a fair chunk of Westeros that they could take back.

As an aside. If Arya learned that her house had returned, that probably would spur her to leave the Faceless Men and head for Westeros. Some like Rickon she thought were dead and she only left because the world seemed dead to her.

I sure hope so! One of my wishes for the series is for the Stark house to get some freaking redemption already. It's been like 5 books of one bad thing after another happening to them. I think with a title like WoW, we have reason to suspect things could be on the up and up for the Starks. *fingers crossed

I hope so and I hope it takes place early in the books. I hope the Boltons and Frays die and Winterfell regained early in TWOW. I hope Davos gets Rickon and the Iron Throne realize that not all the Starks are dead like Bran and Rickon. Also I need the Vale knights, Northmen,Stannis, and Wildlings to kill the Frays in this book.

It would be nice if Rickon made it back to Winterfell, Sansa breaks free of LF and gain some sort of power in the North, and of course Arya making her way back to Westeros.

The best case scenario would be their enemies seeing or knowing about these events before their downfall.

The Boltons and Freys should be wiped from the realm and the Lannisters should have a big downfall.

I doubt if there will be this much justice.

None of them are really in a strong position to get the payback directly. It seems like the Starks enemies have their own hands full & are in a position to get hit hard in WOW. Whether they do or not is anybodys guess because as we know alot of characters have been in a bind & have come out of it.

I really hadn't considered that Robb's will would name Jon to inherit the Riverlands and not Winterfell. It kinda makes sense, because Winterfell really wasn't Robb's to give at the time.

Why would Robb name Jon to inherit the Riverlands? Jon knows nothing about the Riverlands and I doubt he cares either, that's Tully. Anyways Edmure is the heir to the Riverlands, I don't see how Jon has anything to do with the Riverlands, Winterfell is the only thing Jon cares about and the North

Jon has no Tully blood in him. He's a Stark.
If you go that way he is a Snow.

That's what will are made for.

(Also, Robb had no Manderly or Reed blood in him, among other things.)

Why would Robb name Jon to inherit the Riverlands? Jon knows nothing about the Riverlands and I doubt he cares either, that's Tully. Anyways Edmure is the heir to the Riverlands, I don't see how Jon has anything to do with the Riverlands, Winterfell is the only thing Jon cares about and the North

I'm not really arguing for it, just entertaining the idea and responding to the OP: "Sansa is in the Veil. Regardless of what happens, whether she gets rid of Baelish n marries lil Jon or if she convinces him to stake his claim as Lord of the Riverlands"

I could be misreading that. But I think there is an argument to be made. What kingdom was actually under Robb's control when he wrote his will? Only the Riverlands and fealty of most lords of the North. In some sense, WInterfell wasn't Robb's to give. He had to take it back.

I'm not really arguing for it, just entertaining the idea and responding to the OP: "Sansa is in the Veil. Regardless of what happens, whether she gets rid of Baelish n marries lil Jon or if she convinces him to stake his claim as Lord of the Riverlands"

I could be misreading that. But I think there is an argument to be made. What kingdom was actually under Robb's control when he wrote his will? Only the Riverlands and fealty of most lords of the North. In some sense, WInterfell wasn't Robb's to give. He had to take it back.

Winterfell is still the Starks castle tho, surely. The North were not just gonna sit around and say 'oh...Theon and a few Ironmen snuck in and killed people....guess its theirs now.'

ASOIAF was originally meant to be a trilogy, the last book of which was to be titled "A Time for Wolves." The series expanded over time, and the title changed, but I think we can safely assume that the Starks will enjoy some form of reprisal, though most likely in ADOS, imo.

Or GRRM could have changed the title because he really wanted to pound the Starks into the ground. Hopefully not, but there it is.

/edit

How? Rickon provides a figure for the North to rally around, Sansa could well have the Vale at her back before TWOW is out, and people seem to forget that even if R+L=J is true, Jon is still first and foremost a Stark. I'm not sure how Bran and Arya fit into this, but the North isn't out yet.

/edit 2: return of the edit!

I don't like the idea that Robb's child is alive, because it needlessly complicates things. For that reason, it's probably true. I imagine that Robb's widow would stake a claim on the Riverlands through her son - but she has no power to repel the Lannisters, so she's going to need alliances. Looking at a map, it's a fair bet to say that the Riverlands are soon going to be swarming with knights from the Vale, so perhaps this could be an option.

Furthermore, I don't think it's likely that the Starks are in much further danger. They're spread out, and their enemies simply can't force a repeat of the RW. Individual Starks might die, because they're all fulfilling their own arcs, but I think that the Starks, as a whole, are in position for a massive comeback.

ASOIAF was originally meant to be a trilogy, the last book of which was to be titled "A Time for Wolves." The series expanded over time, and the title changed, but I think we can safely assume that the Starks will enjoy some form of reprisal, though most likely in ADOS, imo.

Or GRRM could have changed the title because he really wanted to pound the Starks into the ground. Hopefully not, but there it is.

/edit

How? Rickon provides a figure for the North to rally around, Sansa could well have the Vale at her back before TWOW is out, and people seem to forget that even if R+L=J is true, Jon is still first and foremost a Stark. I'm not sure how Bran and Arya fit into this, but the North isn't out yet.

/edit 2: return of the edit!

I don't like the idea that Robb's child is alive, because it needlessly complicates things. For that reason, it's probably true. I imagine that Robb's widow would stake a claim on the Riverlands through her son - but she has no power to repel the Lannisters, so she's going to need alliances. Looking at a map, it's a fair bet to say that the Riverlands are soon going to be swarming with knights from the Vale, so perhaps this could be an option.

Furthermore, I don't think it's likely that the Starks are in much further danger. They're spread out, and their enemies simply can't force a repeat of the RW. Individual Starks might die, because they're all fulfilling their own arcs, but I think that the Starks, as a whole, are in position for a massive comeback.

From your keyboard into Martin's books

The only stark in a position to lead in their own right is Sansa. Jon would be one they would follow and be old enough to lead armys especially when Robbs will declares him King of the North. Small problem with a few knifes holes in him. Sansa may get somewhere if she frees herself of LF alternatively LF turns up with LF as her regent but I cant see Stannis tolerating LF. So at the moment it seems any Stark revival will have to be done under the wing of Manderely and Stannis. Manderlay will put a Stark on the throne of the North again if he can. Arya could leads an army probably better than most, since she has done some major stuff without anyones help. However no one in the North knows just how capable she is. Whatever happens the fate of the north has to return to the control of true Northmen, not Bolton with his southern backers. They then have get themselves in a position to sort out the rtest of westeros. This will take time. In this time one of the younger Starks may develop enough to lead. Jon if he lives will only accept this role if the others are fixed first. He would I believe give up his vows as a black brother if Robb did make him King of the North and accept the added responsibility this brings but not without protecting the realm first.

So I can see WOW putting together the pieces ready for a Stark revival under Stark leadership but not to see a Stark back in winterfell and in command of the North. Any moves that way will have to come first from Manderley/Stannis axis.

The Stark I see leading the final revenge in ADOS is Arya. Jon will come back only for a short time to fullfill his destiny (Bittersweet). Sansa will be queen of winterfell or Riverrun. Arya wll be whatever she chooses with all of westeros and bravos at her feet

Yes, they will get their comback. Although i would argue that every house that has fought them has suffered far worse, only robb and ned died. The lannisters have lost all of their power and have been disgraced by their defeats to a 15 year old boy, cerceis naked walk, Jeoffry, tywin, and kevan are dead. Tyrion is a dwarf and kinslayer who will never have any real power(dont know why people like this asshole so much) and Jaime lost his swordhand the only thing that made him special. The greyjoys lost everything in the north, their leader died, his only son is a wreck from being tortured and they are being set up for a loss when the main tyrell strength shows up. The freys are screwed even if the starks dont comeback everyone hates them. Am I missing anyone?

Archived