Is Wow going to see the Starks vengence?

total1402

So at the moment it seems any Stark revival will have to be done under the wing of Manderely and Stannis. Manderlay will put a Stark on the throne of the North again if he can.

While I wouldn't object to this being a possibility, I also could kind of see Manderly sticking to his word to Davos and encouraging Rickon to bend the knee to Stannis and just be Lord of Winterfell. Rickon is the youngest living Stark and therefore probably the easiest to control. Stark/Baratheon alliances have worked really well in the past as Stannis pointed out to Jon and maybe the Northmen are tired of war. In my humble opinion, the smartest thing for the Northern Lords loyal to House Stark to do is to ally with Stannis. Putting a child as young as Rickon on the throne of the North is inviting more bloodshed and I do agree with Mel that the realm will need to be united behind one king to defeat the Others. Even if it is not Stannis, making alliances is going to be wiser than making more enemies.

Jon if he lives will only accept this role if the others are fixed first. He would I believe give up his vows as a black brother if Robb did make him King of the North and accept the added responsibility this brings but not without protecting the realm first.

I totally agree than Jon will always put the realm first and will do all he can to fight the Others in whatever role he ends up in.

Also, it is my great hope that Jon (once healed or whatever happens to bring him back as Jon) will be released from duty to the Night's Watch. We've seen that when the black brothers die, the others say, "And now his watch is ended." Hopefully this will happen and Jon will discover Robb's will. I am sure that if Jon would have known he had Robb's blessing to be his heir, he would gladly accept the role.

Well obviously fire can be death just as easy as it can be life. Just like ice perserves. I just think there is a lot of reasons its the song of ice and fire not just one. But if bloodraven brought back the others then I hate that bran is gunna be a greenseer cause there is nothing good about the others. The old gods seem different to me. I'd like to see whether BR is the great other. Cause I still think there is more to that than it being the children of the forest. They seem so different and they warded off their cave..why would they need the ward if they are responsible for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think that the White Walkers form a parallel with the Red Priests, they have different abilities and different purposes, IMO. I think that the one between Ice and Fire is an imperfect symmetry, not 1 to 1 but 1a to 1b if you know what I mean.

Anyway, Dany is sometimes called "The Bride of Fire" (Sometimes Melisandre is referred this way also). The opposite of a Bride of Fire is an Husband of Ice... do we have knowledge of a "husband" that gave himself to the Ice? Yes, the Night's King.

And since the champion of Fire is the Bride of Fire we will need a counter-champion: the Husband of Ice. Are we going to see another Night's King?

I think so and who's better than a Stark (or "Stark") to lead an army of White Walkers to vengeance...? All hail Jon Snow/Stark, King of Winter and the Night's King.

I think whitewalkers are the opposite of dragons, as I know i've read others post elsewhere but not entirely certain where. Too other posts on this thread where did people come up with children of the forest being in league with and bloodraven being the great other? I didn't get any feelings along that line?

I really do hope this book results in a turning point for the Stark family. Them and the Targaryens are by far my favourites.

Jon cannot be dead! I have a feeling he just passed out. Multiple stab wounds don't always kill. He will come back full force, and somehow I think the Night's Watch will be disbanded with the help of the wildlings, or he will desert them as he rightfully should.

Somehow I wouldn't be too optimistic about Sansa and the Vale. Noone seems to be happy that Littlefinger has taken over and they suspect foul play. This book may be the turning point where the Vale gets involved.

I really want Arya to get the hell out of the Faceless Men, it's as dishonorable an organization as can be. Don't forget the Starks place honor on the highest mantle possible.

Bran seems to be too far up north to be involved, plus the journey back will be ever more treacherous. His destiny to become a greenseer will keep him there, but he could have a role through warging and through trees and rav

Rickon... I'm not sure what the book will bring of him. He is too young to really have a pivotal role, maybe just his presence will be motivation but I doubt he can do very much.

rickon is a walking banner

I personally see things turning around for the Starks real soon.

I see Sansa beating Littlefinger at the game and taking control of the north. Probably with the help of little robin.

I also see that Jon Snow will be brought back in some awesome way in the sight of Melisandre and Stannis's wife at this point Jon will be named the AA and the queen's troops will swear fealty to Jon. Shortly after Jon's parents will be made known and Stannis will bend the knee since Jon has the best claim for the throne and Stannis has a grudging respect for him.

With this the Starks will have the fealty of the North and the West. Next Tyrion is a friend of Jon and I believe that Tyrion will have the ear of Dany which is quite favorable for the North.

How did stark's get the fealty of the west? That's lannister lands I don't think they are bending their knees to starks just yet. You mean the east? The vale? I don't think little robert will be much help when it comes to claiming the vale. He will most likely die. If sansa outwits littlefinger it'll be on her own terms. I think shadrich will affect that outcome. He wants to give her to the queen lioness. Tyrion also has a claim on winterfell until he splits up with sansa. I can only hope jon will make it. But not as melisandre's thrall. We don't need another victarion.

Archived