From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa VI

brashcandy

I really wonder if she will believe he was responsible for Saltpans. Even when he was so awful to her on the rooftop, she was thinking about his secret and his fears. Would she really believe that he was responsible for an event where he would have set fire to so much of the town? This might be a very good indicator of what she is now thinking of him though. But, the first time they see each other again will be awkward indeed.

It's my opinion that she won't. When everyone is saying that the Hound turned craven she knew it wasn't true. It definitely doesn't sound like Sandor to go around burning everything, raping and cutting off women's breasts. She knows him well enough (more than Jaime, I'd argue) to see the truth.

I can't wait to see their reunion! ;) I hope she brings up the unkiss and he gets really confused.

Like Queen Cersei, I have my doubts about Randa Royce's sincerity as well. As I noted upthread, she's concerned with making a profitable match for herself, and whilst she may ultimately turn out to be harmless, her attempts to charm and scandalise Sansa aren't merely about having fun. We see how she's able to "play" Sweetrobin, and a similar manipulation is at work with Sansa. She sees a young girl who looks sheltered and innocent and she decides the best way to get closer to her is to begin to educate her on the ways of the world and men. It also seems like she and Mya Stone don't share the same kind of rapport, which again underscores that Randa is deliberately selective concerning those she will befriend and advise.

Getting away from dreams.....seriously ugh!

A couple of the quotes about Lysa got me thinking about why Sansa may actively kill off LF and why she would use poison. Lysa mentions a woman using poison to defend her child. Lysa also tells Sansa the ingredients of Moon Tea and how it was given to her in order to kill her unborn child. We also have Sansa knowing and seemingly not disapproving of her Mother having slept with LF and an interesting pattern where she has changed her view on bastards quite a bit.

Could it be possible that Sansa does sleep with someone of her choice, gets pregnant and LF tries to have said child killed with Moon Tea? Sansa may recognize the ingredients thanks to Lysa, and then try to protect her own unborn child through poisoning LF.

Or indeed she could do it to protect SR. She did say she was his mother now.

I do think she will save Sweet Robin. What stood out, at least to me, is that in the last chapter Sansa's thoughts about Little Finger slowly killing SweetRobin is very limited. I think GRRM, the major troll :P, did it deliberately to give Sansa arc more sense of cliffhanger. To me it absolutely worked. It is Sansa's arc I am most anticipating to in TWOW. Like Rapsie pointed out those things do foreshadow Little Fingers fate. Gosh I just made myself more eager to Sansa's POV chapters in TWOW. :lol:

Yes it is so frustrating that we do not get more of her thoughts about this. She was given some really incendiary information! To me Sansa has to save Sweetrobin. Given that we have seen how she is smart enough to figure out some of LF's schemes and what LF says about Sweetrobin not living for very long, she has to realize that LF is planning to kill him. If she knows that and does nothing to stop LF that would be just as tragic for her morally as taking an active role in killing him. I don't want to see Sansa go down that path.

Archived