Balon Swann & the Hunt for the Darkstar

Damar

So what do people will happen in the hunt for Gerold Dayne at High Hermitage?

I personally think Obara Sand will try to backstab Balon at one point and claim the Darkstar did it, perhaps thinking this will send out more Kingsguard or royalist knights. And she will propably have a good chance with him being a lone knight in a hostile land.

Balon Swan is simply been lead out into the desert to die by the looks of it, Obara will probably poison him and say that DarkStar did it, but really by the time that happens Dorne has probably declared for Ageon and has marched into the Marshes and the Reach.

I wonder if Balon is our next prologue, or Obara? How else will we know what happened, only trough Areo and report to Doran? My strongest hope is that they will find certain eight graves in Princes pass.

Also I like the theory that Darkstar is working for Doran in fact.

I really don't want Balon to die because he is one of the only Kingsguard members not to suck, and we don't know where Loras (or Jaime) stand right now. It is just too cruel to leave us with nothing but Meryn Trant, Boros Blount, and un-dead Gregor for the time being.

I'd also rather not see Balon die, even if disappointed in his involvement with the plan to kill Trystane if what Doran said was true and not just to rile up his family. I mean, so far he had been a decent guy and one of the very few to vouch for Tyrion as a brave man during the trial.

I'd rather see Balon kill the Darkstar and Obara too if she tried a backstab, for all her Amazone talk I doubt she's ever been in a battle and Balon had been a hardcore mofo during Blackwater.

I too like Balon Swann, it seems like he's the knightiest knight alive in Westeros, but I also like the Darkstar. I mean Men call me Darkstar and I am of the night. must be one of the most badass lines in the books. I'm rooting for Obara and Darkstar here to kill Ser Balon, because I'm still hoping that Doran isn't just a fool who fails at everything he does.

I mean seriously, every plan Doran had until now has pretty much gone wrong, I feel kind of bad for the Dornish

I don't believe in that plan to kill Trystane for a second, although it is possible that Doran genuinely believes it because someone (Varys or Taena) fed it to him. It does seem that Cercei gave Balon some private instruction though (we get this in one of her POV's, I think), so I do wonder what that was.

I too like Balon Swann, it seems like he's the knightiest knight alive in Westeros, but I also like the Darkstar. I mean Men call me Darkstar and I am of the night. must be one of the most badass lines in the books.

Really? To me that was the worst poser line ever. I mean what the F has he done to earn that title? Aside from mutilating a girl while everyone's distracted by Arys's bravery/foolishness and than run off.

this may be a stupid question is there currently a sword of the morning?

I believe the sword of the morning refers to whomever wields Dawn, the ancestral sword of House Dayne. The current lord of Starfell is Ned Dayne who was Beric Dondarrions squire and current memeber of the BwB. Im not sure why why he doesnt carry it, I assume because of his youth.

I believe the sword of the morning refers to whomever wields Dawn, the ancestral sword of House Dayne. The current lord of Starfell is Ned Dayne who was Beric Dondarrions squire and current memeber of the BwB. Im not sure why why he doesnt carry it, I assume because of his youth.

Its not given to the Lord of Starfall but to the one who deserves it, currently the Sword of the Mourning sits in Starfall, I dont know who decides to wield dawn but their must be some counsel at starfall that decides.

A good and possible prologue for Winds of Winter would be Balon being killed by Darkstar,,,

I hope that. And I really hope they're going to find the graves of the KG slayned by Ned and the ToJ ruins.

Darkstar will play a role in the next book, I can't believe he's just a random emo...

I have to agree. To me it was the type of line that you'd expect in trashy fantasy with the type of cover that would make you embarrassed to read it on public transit. But to each their own. :)

Well, I lolled while reading this, I have to agree :)

But I can't help thinking that this line could make sense. What if Darkstar's father was a Night's Watchman?

When was this said? I thought they called Arthur Dayne that because he was bad-ass and his sword was called Dawn.

He's right though. I don't remember the specific book but it definitely is true.

Going along with this thread I think its absolutely certain that something interesting will happen when Balon Swann and Obara Sand finally catch Darkstar. For all we know Obara may have been in league with Darkstar this entire time and was the one who told him to kill Myrcella when it was obvious that Arianne's plan would fail.

Now that Prince Doran has confided in her and her sisters she may try to silence him or convince him to kill Balon Swann and pledge allegiance to her uncle for real this time....

So many exciting possiblities.

Another showdown at the ToJ would be an awesome prologue, I definately want this to happen!

The Sword of the Morning is the title granted to the knight of house Dayne deemed worth of wielding Dawn. Currently there is no Sword of the Morning, speculation on the next is rife. As is the actual location of Dawn I believe, some doubt the veractiy of Ned's claim of returning it to Starfall.

Wow...I thought I was the only Balon Swann fan in the forum. But I fear he is doomed. Between Darkstar, Obara and Areo, Ser Balon's chances at survival are very slim. In fact, Areo gave a prophetic breakdown of Ser Balon that is similar to the one he gave for Arys Oakheart, just before he destroyed him.

Sadly, I foresee Areo's steel wife cleaving brave Ser Balon in two. Though he will prove a far tougher challenge than his predecessor.

I also support the idea of Darkstar working for Doran. It makes perfect sense when you think about it. I ran down the list of possible informers who could have ratted out Arianne. Darkstar seems the most probable. I just think that he exceeded his orders with the attempt on Myrcella's life. I cannot fathom Doran killing a young girl.

Archived