Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

AegonTargaryen

I hope the iron throne itself collapses ,and the " seven kingdoms" literally become kingdoms again, with the king in the north , the stormking etc.

Aegon conquered all, the Targaryens held the throne for some time, the Targaryens fell. The seven original kingdoms should have been restored after Robert´s rebellion!!!

hah! That is some great insight, and I fully agree.

Any Targaryen, but I want the husband/wife of queen/king to be a Stark. But that's my opinion after finishing aSoS. But that'll be too perfect, GRRM would never go for that. Realistically, I would say the Iron Throne would go to either Stannis or some other person like Littlefinger or Tyrion. And history will repeat, wars will continue on, new kings will emerge, and etc.

I`m looking forward for fall of Lannisters and rise of Starks. I don`t see Starks at Iron Throne, but maybe another king in the north, Bran could rebuild Winterfell and become second Brandon the builder :)

Iron Throne most likely goes to Stannis, Littlefinger, Varys or Dany. But I hope Dany won`t get even close to Throne.

I hope the iron throne itself collapses ,and the " seven kingdoms" literally become kingdoms again, with the king in the north , the stormking etc.

The Targaryens built the throne, the Targaryens held the throne for some time, the Targaryens fell, as the throne itself should have. The seven original kingdoms should have been restored after Robert´s rebellion!!!!!!!!

You might be right. The winter will come and Iron Throne might fall.

There is something I read in wikipedia that GRRM said it will be a bittersweet but satisfying ending... so I'm not rooting that it will be an ending which'll make us feel some war may come again though history repeats itself... that's why I think Westeros will be seven kingdoms once more..

With so many contenders for the throne it only stands to reason that the person who doesn't want it will sit on it.

Dany will not sit the Iron throne, i believe though she has a good heart she is not leader material enough to rule the seven kingdoms. She will either die or go to Dragonstone .She is too flimsy in the brain

Stannis will not bend he is too hard and thus will not be able to rally people to him he is better at being Lord commander of the NW their rigidity when it comes to Oaths suits him.

Ageon in addition to being a fraud- i'm not saying he aint a dragon, i'm saying he aint a red one- due to no fault of his own he will die,plus he is not a leader he is a figure head to rally others.

Jon was not born to greatness,but he achieved it and had it thrust upon him. As his uncle said to him " a man gets what he earns" and he will earn the throne, he may not want it but he will carry it well. He is the only leader who has the realm as his concern. He can rally all to his cause including a people who all others called savages. He views the wild-lings as part of the realm and he cares not for high birth or low birth. Ned did him a favor raising him the way he did. Indeed the seed is strong in him.

I too believe the Iron Throne will be no more or in the end, or no one will sit upon it. Either the war with the Others will wipe everyone out or the different warring factions combine to defeat them and peace again will reign in Westeros, just as it did when the First Men & The Children of the forest came together ages ago. Bran will probably have a huge part in making it all happen.

I don't know. I think Dany is too obvious so it won't be her. Plus, GRRM doesn't do the obvious. I feel like it should be Jon Snow though I can't see how he can work it out while being a sworn Black Brother. But I'm only in book 3, so maybe my feelings will change after the next two books. But I really feel Jon has some of the best qualities to be in that role.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm gonna bet on the dark horse and call Rikon Stark.

I know we haven't seen him since Osha split w/ him when Bran went off w/ the Reeds, but maybe the old gods ahve big plans in the future for him. Maybe he's a warg like Bran and the two Stark boys will be Daeny's dragon riders, Daeny and Bran get killed in retaking Westeros, and Rikon ends up king w/ Arya as Lady Commander of the Kings Guard and Jon Snow running the Night's Watch and Sansa ruling Winterfell. Damn that would be magnificent. Unlikely, but magnificent.

:agree: That would be magnificent. Rickon Stark The wild wolf! :bowdown:

Archived