Who will be King at the end of the series? (time capsule)

AegonTargaryen

GRRM does say the ending will be "bittersweet"... so I think Dany will win the iron throne (dragons sound like a pretty good weapons against White Walkers to me...) and I also think she'll legitimize Jon Snow as a Stark so he can rule as King in the North.

I'm also pretty sure most of Westeros will be completely ravaged by war and Others... so Dany will rule over ruin. But that's okay I guess, because she'll be able to build a much better world from of the rubble.

I remember the quote that "If he has to burn the world Petyr (Littlefinger) would gladly be king of the ashes. Hoping for it with Sansa as a queen.

I'm still at the start of ASOS so , i think the king will be...Daenerys sadly...i don't like her very much and the whole story with her is boring (when i see Daenerys in the title I cry inside a little since AGOT :P) but i'm sure George R.R Martin doesn't mention her randomly all this time... Although , i'm kind of sure that Sansa will be queen at some time , after she has seen how rotten the world was and try to make it better! I would like to see Bran playing some role and I'm sure he will be someone important and powerful but i don't think he would be the king.

Oh the republic someone mentioned is interesting too!!!! :idea:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really really don't want to see Dany on the Iron Throne. I don't understand her popularity at all. She's extremely arrogant, extremely vengeful and slightly crazy. And if the Targaryen dynasty is restored, then they'd all go back to the old saying of "the gods flipping a coin" whenever a Targaryen is born.

Plus, if the Tagaryens are restored to the Iron Throne, then ASOIAF would be the story of an overthrown dynasty where one survivor returns and starts the dynasty over again. Everything about Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, everything we've been following would have been for nothing because Daenerys would just kill them all because she's crazy and wants revenge.

I really really don't want to see Dany on the Iron Throne. I don't understand her popularity at all. She's extremely arrogant, extremely vengeful and slightly crazy. And if the Targaryen dynasty is restored, then they'd all go back to the old saying of "the gods flipping a coin" whenever a Targaryen is born.

Plus, if the Tagaryens are restored to the Iron Throne, then ASOIAF would be the story of an overthrown dynasty where one survivor returns and starts the dynasty over again. Everything about Stark, Lannister, Baratheon, Greyjoy, everything we've been following would have been for nothing because Daenerys would just kill them all because she's crazy and wants revenge.

She isn't popular, at least 70% of this forum hates her...

I agree with the rest you say.

An idea:

Westeros returns to the way it was before the war of conquest,

Stannis rules the narrow sea, the crown lands and the storm lands,

Tyrion becomes king of the rock,

Robert Arryn becomes king of the mountain and the vale,

Mace tyrell becomes king of the reach,

Bran or RIckon becomes king in the north,

Dorne becomes independent,

Edmure rules the river lands.

I think gendry will be king the help of the stark boys (jon included) and daenrys idk, will die gettig rid of the lannisterz with the starks help.

Well idk why you dude put that R+L=J, I didnt see that coming i hope you didnt ruin it fof me, but I thought the seed was strong thing refferred to gendry.

Or wouldnt that be crazy I a stark is king and a baratheon is hand?

Archived