Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

I mean out of all of them so that includes Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Personally if I had to choose one it would either be Renly (seemed to have the interests of the people at heart) or Dany (good leadership and has an ability to inspire loyalty).

What a godawful group. I pick Rhaegar or Tommen, with someone like Kevan or Jaime as Lord Regent. I guess Robert wasn't so bad - at least he kept the realm at peace. Renly might not be terrible for the same reason. I admire Stannis's will and determination but his association with terrifying religious fanatics makes him a no-no for me. The rest are just terrible, yes, including Aegon and Dany. Oh, I missed Robb. If I was a northerner, definitely him; if not, I don't think he was really interested in or in a situation in which he could be my King.

I think Jon, despite his many faults and failings, would be the best King of the feasible options, assuming he is Rhaegar's son and that Rhaegar and Lyanna turn out to have married.

Of Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Robert in his prime almost certainly.As the drunken oath no. Even he thought little of himself in the end.

Stannis. I'd probably agree with Stannis that he has the right of it if you discount the Targs. I can also quite relate to Stannis in a perverse way out of all of them. Do whats right and don't give a crap about jerks who object to it.

Renly would have been the greatest King who ever lived and the realm would have prospered peacefully under him. You can't object to natural charisma and being an even-handed if ambitious man. ;)

Robb, the Young Wolf has balls and if the Greatjon himself bends the knee then I can hardly object to that. Plus I admire an idealist.

Mance Rayder-Seems a good free spirit.

Dany-Obviously coz shes brilliant and sweet n all. Plus three dragons, thats providence and the hand of the Gods.

Tommen-Cute kid and you'd want to keep him safe given the circumstances.

Nothing frightens me more than unstable, unpredictable people (especially when they have the power of life and death over you). So for that reason Viserys, Joffrey, Balon, Dany, Euron and Aegon are out.

Which leaves Robert, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Mance and Tommen, none of whom are perfect but at least they are more predictable and stable than the rest.

Renly. He was attentive to the people, charismatic and good at the game, he wasn't cruel or unreasonable and he also cared about finery and culture. I think that him and Margaery could have had a resplendant court.

I think I would actually go for Renly. Even though I think he's kinda stupid, he does have the Tyrells behind him, and they're smart enough to know how to hold a throne. As a second, I would go for Tommen, I guess, even though he's a bit of a puppet-king really - as long as it's Margaery and not Cersei who's holding the strings.

One of the Baratheon brothers. Likelly Renly.

However, there's an important question here. Are we talking only the monarchs or should we considert their entourage? I mean, can I have lawful Stannis + dutyfull and brave Davos without EVIL Melisandre? Or good and corageous Robb without Caetelyns ill-advising or Bolton as bannerman?

Renly or Dany.

You know I actually wondered once if Tyrell were pro-Targ and secretly planned to reconcile the houses by marrying Renlys son to Dany, or Danys child. Then they have BnT at peace and Tyrell blood in the royal line. Everybody wins!

In order ...

1. Daenerys

2. Renly

3. Robb

4. Mance Rayder

5. Uh, er ...

6. Crap. Robert, I guess?

7. Uh ... Tommen?

8. ~holding my nose now~ Stannis?

9. ...

10. Aegon :mellow:

11. Euron <_<

12. Balon :(

13. Viserys :crying:

14. Joffrey :bawl:

I'd take it as just the monarchs you would want to serve on their own merits.

IMO I'am surprised a lot of people think Renly is the King to serve.

He *was* the king with the most support. And even if he was a little foolish, he wasn't stupidly honourable, nor was he cruel. And he actually surrounded himself with good (or at least clever) advisors. You would have the best chance of survival if you serve Renly - only thing is he got assassinated. People would generally support the "heroes" like Robb and Dany when reading the series, but if you actually had to choose one to serve under, Renly is one of the best choices.

Archived