Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

Daenerys is the rightful ruler of Westeros, so I'd serve her (even though I think she is the LEAST qualified to be a good ruler, Stannis is obviously the most effective despite being a traitor and a usurper).

If you feel Dany is the rightful ruler of Westeros, fine. Stannis as a traitor and usurper is a bit much.

Not necessarily. Someone could believe Dany is the rightful heir, and not believe Stannis is a traitor and usurper. I have meet them in other discussions. Stannis did not usurp Dany's throne.

If Stannis claims the throne that rightfully belongs to Daenerys (if you believe that to be the case), then that's usurpy. You don't have to steal a throne yourself to usurp it, usurpy is illegally claiming someone else's rightful, legal claim to the throne so yes, he won't be the first usurper, but the second since Aerys II's rule.

However this conversation is getting quite off the point of this thread, so I think it's best we leave it there.

If Stannis claims the throne that rightfully belongs to Daenerys (if you believe that to be the case), then that's usurpy. You don't have to steal a throne yourself to usurp it, usurpy is illegally claiming someone else's rightful, legal claim to the throne so yes, he won't be the first usurper, but the second since Aerys II's rule.

However this conversation is getting quite off the point of this thread, so I think it's best we leave it there.

I believe it is more complicated than that, but for the sake of the thread we can agree to disagree. :cheers:

If Stannis claims the throne that rightfully belongs to Daenerys (if you believe that to be the case), then that's usurpy.

"You-sir-pea."

"You-sir-pea."

"Usurpy. Can I have the language of origin, please?"

"The Common Tongue of Westeros."

"Could you use it in a sentence, please?"

"Loras, I'm feeling a bit usurpy."

On topic/not silly: all else being equal, I'd have no problem serving Stannis, Renly, Robb or Daenerys.

Archived