Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

You know I actually wondered once if Tyrell were pro-Targ and secretly planned to reconcile the houses by marrying Renlys son to Dany, or Danys child. Then they have BnT at peace and Tyrell blood in the royal line. Everybody wins!

Nice theory, but I don't think anybody really considered Dany seriously enough back then, so probably crackpot :)

Renly - in summer and in peacetime

Stannis (non-fanatical) - in winter/hard times/war

He *was* the king with the most support. And even if he was a little foolish, he wasn't stupidly honourable, nor was he cruel. And he actually surrounded himself with good (or at least clever) advisors. You would have the best chance of survival if you serve Renly - only thing is he got assassinated. People would generally support the "heroes" like Robb and Dany when reading the series, but if you actually had to choose one to serve under, Renly is one of the best choices.

Yeah if I had to choose it would be a toss up between Renly and Dany.

I'd take it as just the monarchs you would want to serve on their own merits.

IMO I'am surprised a lot of people think Renly is the King to serve.

Why not? He's charismatic, which is highly important in a king. Builds unity. He seems like a basically decent guy with a realistic outlook. His only mistake was not anticipating a Deus Ex Machina (who could?) in the form of assassin shadow babies.

He's my second choice behind Dany, easily.

Why not? He's charismatic, which is highly important in a king. Builds unity. He seems like a basically decent guy with a realistic outlook. His only mistake was not anticipating a Deus Ex Machina (who could?) in the form of assassin shadow babies.

He's my second choice behind Dany, easily.

Its just hes not in the Song for very long and isn't POV.

I mean the man was actually kind enough to dance with Brienne. The mans a saint by the standards of most men in that world.

She managed to conquer Slavers Bay with it. For me it was most notable at the Battle of Yunkai.

You have to remember that Daenerys is not allowed credit for any of her accomplishments, ever. It's a rule on these forums.

So even though she's probably the most proven and successful war leader in the entire series, especially for having no experience and no training, she is never considered even slightly competent as such.

Just the rules here. :dunno:

From that list, I'd pick Renly - to rule people, you have to understand people (i.e. not Stannis :ack: ).

Tommen has potential to grow, given the right guidance. Also curious to see more of Aegon.

I mean out of all of them so that includes Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Personally if I had to choose one it would either be Renly (seemed to have the interests of the people at heart) or Dany (good leadership and has an ability to inspire loyalty).

Renly, Robb, Mance. Perhaps Aegon (too early to tell) or Tommen (it depends entirely on the regency).

I mean out of all of them so that includes Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Eh...wow what a bunch of misfists, each one even less qualified for a pieceful Westeros than the last. Robb is like the only normal one in there. So I'd pick him I suppose. But then again I would only serve the King in the North,

My answer would change if I were a peasent know that i think about it, if peasent I want Tywin (Hate the man but good rule)

Riverland peasants wouldn't be too pleased with his bannerman. I mean if you were a peasant than your hovel would be burned, your wife and daughter raped and you yourself missing a few bodyparts...I doubt you'll love Tywin much after that!

Archived