Which of the following Monarchs would you serve?

You have to remember that Daenerys is not allowed credit for any of her accomplishments, ever. It's a rule on these forums.

So even though she's probably the most proven and successful war leader in the entire series, especially for having no experience and no training, she is never considered even slightly competent as such.

Just the rules here. :dunno:

Dany is ..."the most proven and successful war leader in the entire series" akdfhaiehfaf#*#fjf??!?!!!!!WHAAAATTTTT!!!!!

Ever heard of Robert Baratheon? Ned Stark? Tywin Lannister? Stannis Baratheon? Randyll Tarly?

That comment is ridiculous friend, step away from the Dany kool-aid.

Riverland peasants wouldn't be too pleased with his bannerman. I mean if you were a peasant than your hovel would be burned, your wife and daughter raped and you yourself missing a few bodyparts...I doubt you'll love Tywin much after that!

Thats true, Its really dificult to know who you want to rule you for your whole life no voting every so often and they have absolute power, hopefully I wouldnt live in the riverlands.

Mance by a wide margin. Though to be fair, he's more of an elected official than a monarch. On a side note, does anyone else imagine that he looks like Dream (the Sandman)?

woahhh a fellow Sandman reader eh? You have good taste. To be honest the descriptions of Roose remind me of Dream more than Mance, ironically I'd say since Roose is a villain. That series is fantastic.

Renly, the only one who doesn't like war for its own sake, cares anything for the small folk, and has something of an open mind.

Well, Tyrion has an open mind, too, and he's smarter, but he's a mess these days. Jaime might do a good job, because he's smart, and has what I consider the best trait for a potential just ruler- he doesn't love power, or even want the job. He'd hate it, though.

woahhh a fellow Sandman reader eh? You have good taste. To be honest the descriptions of Roose remind me of Dream more than Mance, ironically I'd say since Roose is a villain. That series is fantastic.

Haha yea, I love that series. I always pictured Mance like this specifically: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_0AyNA9sRlIs/TID6EytgvhI/AAAAAAAAJeI/oKuJtwmxk6Q/s1600/sandman-morpheus.jpg and even further, that Mance's cloak is basically Dream's with red bits instead of purple. This has probably factored somewhat in my irrational love of Mance. I find the Dream-Roose comparison really interesting though. Send a PM, I'd love to hear the analysis!

But also, given it's my Independence Day, I thought it apropos celebrate with the 1 "monarch" whose people don't kneel. :cool4:

I mean out of all of them so that includes Robert, Viserys, Joffrey, Stannis, Renly, Robb, Balon, Mance Rayder, Dany, Tommen, Euron and Aegon.

Personally if I had to choose one it would either be Renly (seemed to have the interests of the people at heart) or Dany (good leadership and has an ability to inspire loyalty).

I'd serve Tywin, Hodor, Mance Rayder, Aegon, Robb and maybe Dany too, but I'm not sure.

You forgot Jon or Tyrion?

I think one of the points GRRM has tried to make so far is that only 3 characters have what it takes to become good leaders / rulers / kings / queens etc.

- Dany : charisma, advice seeking, care, intuition, courage, determination, decisiveness, legitimacy, justice. Let down by her lack of realism and experience and too much humanity and trust in people.

- Jon : courage, strategy, organisational skills, forward thinking, negotiation, charisma, fighting skills and very likely legitimacy (R+L), justice. Let down by his indecisiveness and his reluctance to take advices.

- Tyrion: courage, strategy, organisational skills, forward / long term thinking, intelligence, political flair, general knowledge (psychology in particular), realism, diplomacy, justice, has shown a few times he can be a charismatic leader in battle ('half man'!), determination. Let down by his love for pleasures (not a moral example), his naiveness with women, his image / appearance / reputation and (as far as we know) his legitimacy.

If I had to choose one, it would be Tyrion. But I tend to think those 3 would be perfect ruling together... as Queen, King and Hand... The 3 Heads of the Dragon?

Only if I had to and not counting the obvious (in preference order)

1. Stannis

2. Euron

3. Mance Rayder

4. Robert

5. Balon, maybe?

6. Renly, he is funny?

7. Robb, maybe if he had the time to start to shave he would be near the top

8. Tommen, he is a cute lad.

ok I am moving to Free Cities now.

Archived