Our Top 30 - A Book Characters Guessing Game

Syseanne

Okay, so quite a lot of you will get some points this time around. I present you

#27 Brynden ‘Blackfish’ Tully

Yey, the Blackfish! The Blackfish is awesome; you just got to love him. Although a rather minor character he has everything the heart wants. Wisdom, humour, love for his family, honour and just the right amount of badassery.

And then there is the fact that he just won’t marry, everybody wants him to but all he says is ‘No’. Or ‘Nay’, in my head he speaks with an accent.

Anyway, Brynden Tully does not only come across as this nice fatherly figure but manages to still remain his sexappeal. Come on, the whole Riverrun situation in Feast for Crows does not hurt his image. The dude ridicules Ryman Frey to no end and once he is forced to give up the castle (or rather his in my humble opinion equally awesome nephew) he escapes through the by swimming under the portcullis. And I just had to google what a portcullis is; I’m a bit disappointed, in my head he swam through some pluming system. Hmm..

And then there is this crazy Jeyne theory…If that is ture I predict that the Blackfish hype will become even bigger. Yeah, the Blackfish really gets better and better the longer the book series goes on. And he did start very strong!

So, I have to say, the Blackfish is one of the only characters that seem to have no haters. I mean, everyone else has some, probably even Ser Pounce! But I have yet to find someone who won’t feel the Brynden love. Are there any other characters that get the same love? Do you know any? Or any Blackfish haters?

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 8.5

Highest Placing: 20

Placed in 6 out of 14 lists

Jon's Queen Consort 10

Petyr Baelish the First 10

Silver Spearwife 10

SnowStorm 8

KhaleesiDany 6

DR Supporter 6

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

wolverine 5

Headless Jeyne 5

Reek the Turncloak 5

Again, if I missed someone, I’m sorry, please tell me about it.

CLUE FOR #26

The first King on this list!

#26 will be posted on Saturday

Long life the King. Or not, as in this case. I present to you:

#26 Renly Baratheon

Oh Renly, every time I think of you I think of peaches... Amazing how a single little detail can become so important in the image of a character. Oh Renly, he does not live very long, one and a half book, and he isn't even an mayor character, but he is very entertaining. I love that he can't stop laughing at Joffrey being beaten by Arya. He is doing what every reader is thinking. Joffrey you are such a wuss... And Renly, you are hilarious...

And then we have this epic love story. You might even notice its existence, bit hey, it is wonderful nonetheless. In school we read Effie Briest by Theodor Fonate, it is an utterly boring book but it too has a lovestory that no one even notices. And that love story is boring as hell while Renly and Loras manage to be interesting and they have me rooting for them. Renly + Loras = 4ever <3

Its is sooo sad. When the sun has set no candle can replace it... Ohhhhh

Now that we're on the topic. How awesome is Renlys death? Killed by the shadow of his own brother. Killed by a shadow alone is kind of an interesting cause of dead but the shadow resembling Stannis is the cherry on the cake. Why? Why couldn't these two brothers just leave each other alone? I mean, I get is, Renly got everything and Stannis was, well, was Stannis... But damn, Renly deserved all the love. Such a charismatic and able leader is rare in Westeros. I know, a lot of people taunt his knights of summer but hey, he did have a lot of power, a lot of support, and a few very able knights (who cares if they are of the summer. Summer is great!). In my opinion you are allowed to have tourneys even on the edge of war... What do you think about this? Was Renly a good king?

Statistics:

Standard Derivation: 3.6

Highest Placing: 7

Placed in 5 out of 14 lists

Silver Spearwife 12

KhaleesiDany 11

Jon's Queen Consort 10

Petyr Baelish the First 10

Headless Jeyne 10

Reek the Turncloak 10

SnowStorm 9

DR Supporter 6

Bumble 5

Fragile Bird 5

wolverine 5

please tell me if I missed something or calculated wrong or anything like that...

CLUE FOR #25

This character married into a family richer than his.

#25 will probably be posted on Monday.

However, for the next two weeks the university is sending me to a conference. So I'll spent Monday at the Airport in Singapore, so I might not have Internet... And I'm in another timezone, so I have no idea what time it'll be in my normal timezone and yes, everything will be messed up. After that I'll be at the conference. I guess there will be Internet, but I might won't be able to post every other day...

Archived