Arya may kill Dany?

Grimwolfe

The thought just suddenly popped into my head whilst reading the forum. Dany obviously has a lot of enemies, now assuming she makes it back to mereen, perhaps with a khalasar at her back, someone may become very desperate to have her gone, to the extent they go to the house of black and white and get a faceless man. What better way to complete her initiation than to kill the mother of dragons, seeing as Arya already seems to be progressing at a much faster rate than is regular from what is suggested.

Interesting thought. Many posters will probably agree that Dany deserves to die. She's quite controversial. And, Arya is certainly one of the more beloved charaters. Arya killing Dany would make many cheer. However, I don't think it will happen.

What better way to complete her initiation than to kill the mother of dragons, seeing as Arya already seems to be progressing at a much faster rate than is regular from what is suggested.

Erm, I think quite a lot would be a better initiation than sending a newish recruit to kill a queen surrounded by sellsword armies, freemen, unsullied, a khalasar, and dragons.

I don't see it happening, though I wouldn't be opposed to it if it did, as long as it wasn't just "A wild Arya appears, it's super effective".

Yes, Daenerys will die before she ever reaches Westeros, rendering her entire story completely irrelevant.

On a more serious note, Daenerys is already believed to be dead, and Meereen is surrounded by her enemies. The Braavosi are also the descendants of slaves; they may loathe dragons, but I imagine they loathe slavery too. And, should Dany be killed, the one hope the slaves have for freedom would die with her. You only need to re-read Tyrion's encounter with the ex-slave in Volantis to realise the effect that Dany has had on the slave trade across the entire continent of Essos ("Should you reach your queen, give her a message from the slaves of Old Volantis.” She touched the faded scar upon her wrinkled cheek, where her tears had been cut away. “Tell her we are waiting. Tell her to come soon.”)

There's foreshadowing that she will come in contact with Dany but if Dany dies I think it will be from MMD's curse.

Arya may kill Tyrion if this was meant to be foreshadowing.

"Another name? Oh, certainly. And when the Faceless Men come to kill me, I'll say, 'No you have the wrong dwarf with a hideous facial scar.'"

Interesting thought. Many posters will probably agree that Dany deserves to die.
It's not a matter of deserving anything, it's a story, whatever happens must serve the story.

Also, many people, among them yours truly, have speculated on this very forum over the years that Arya would join Dany's entourage in the future, for whatever reason, maybe using Missandei's face.

I don't see Arya carrying such mission to its term, anyway, be it because no sane organisation relying on its reputation of infallibility would send a novice on a high profile mission or because Dany's goals aligns way too well with Arya's own for Arya to prevent Dany from giving everyone Arya hates a trashing.

They also hate slavery. I wonder which dislike will trump the other.

Considering Daenerys dragons will likely far outlive her, and that Daenerys dragons may not be in her control in the near future, I think that Daenerys abolitionist views might be sidelined in favour of neutralising her and her dragons, given how the Braavosi are historically aware dragons get used for oppression.

On a more serious note, Daenerys is already believed to be dead, and Meereen is surrounded by her enemies. The Braavosi are also the descendants of slaves; they may loathe dragons, but I imagine they loathe slavery too. And, should Dany be killed, the one hope the slaves have for freedom would die with her. You only need to re-read Tyrion's encounter with the ex-slave in Volantis to realise the effect that Dany has had on the slave trade across the entire continent of Essos ("Should you reach your queen, give her a message from the slaves of Old Volantis.” She touched the faded scar upon her wrinkled cheek, where her tears had been cut away. “Tell her we are waiting. Tell her to come soon.”)

The rub though is that if someone not so nice (like say, Victarion and Euron) get a hold of dragons, it'll be slavery and misery all around. The Braavosi may not want to take that chance.

What better way to complete her initiation than to kill the mother of dragons, seeing as Arya already seems to be progressing at a much faster rate than is regular from what is suggested.

Except Aria will never finish her training. She hid the needle instead of destroying it. She still has wolf dreams. She is stll very much aware of who she is and has to constantly remind herself to pretend otherwise. Soon or later she will be send to kill someone important and she will not be able to go through with it. Aria as a cold mindless puppet in the hands of whoever controls the church of manyfaced god would finish the character.

Yes, Daenerys will die before she ever reaches Westeros, rendering her entire story completely irrelevant.

I don't think that Dany dying before reaching Westeros would make her story irrelevant. I think that if that were the case then her contribution (and legacy) to the overarching story would be the existance of the dragons which will go on to have a huge impact.

Part of what gives this series it's "anyone can die" aura is that it goes into detail and connects us emotionally to characters that in the big picture are really just backstory side characters, Ned Stark for example.

Bearing in mind GRRM's orignial plan of the time jump, which I believe is still the blue print he is writing to, you have to understand that everything we are seeing at the present is still just "backstory" for the overarching final conflict that is to come and as such a lot of characters are expendable.

I think that Dany's entire story arc actually being an elaborate cover for introducing dragons into the main Westeros-centric arc would be completely in character for these books.

I'm guessing that if the Faceless Men are contracted to kill Dany they will send someone with more skill and experience that Arya. She's a rookie now, she will be killing small timers for the foreseeable future.

I don't think that Dany dying before reaching Westeros would make her story irrelevant. I think that if that were the case then her contribution (and legacy) to the overarching story would be the existance of the dragons which will go on to have a huge impact.

Part of what gives this series it's "anyone can die" aura is that it goes into detail and connects us emotionally to characters that in the big picture are really just backstory side characters, Ned Stark for example.

Bearing in mind GRRM's orignial plan of the time jump, which I believe is still the blue print he is writing to, you have to understand that everything we are seeing at the present is still just "backstory" for the overarching final conflict that is to come and as such a lot of characters are expendable.

I think that Dany's entire story arc actually being an elaborate cover for introducing dragons into the main Westeros-centric arc would be completely in character for these books.

I suppose it could but we know she's going to Westeros. There can't be a second Dance of the Dragons if she dies in Essos while Aegon is in Westeros. She also saw herself fighting an army of ice on the Trident on dragonback.

I suppose it could but we know she's going to Westeros. There can't be a second Dance of the Dragons if she dies in Essos while Aegon is in Westeros. She also saw herself fighting an army of ice on the Trident on dragonback.

I know. My own personal belief is that she has a large part to play in the final conflict.

I still don't rule out the possibility of her dying before ever reahcing Westeros because like I said it would be completely in charater with the books. Also with all of the hints and foreshadowing of Dany reaching Westeros combined with her herself believing it will happen, it would leave us readers just as shocked and devatsed as Dany if she should be killed before it could ever happen . . the ultimate emotional payoff from a writer's perpsective.

Her story is already irrelevant. Besides dragons are a crutch for weak rulers to keep absolute power, I hope bran wargs drogon and kills the other two before flying it into a mountain.

She also saw herself fighting an army of ice on the Trident on dragonback.

I see myself as king of all the world surrounded by the beautiful naked ladies, does not mean it will happen.

Archived