Arya may kill Dany?

Grimwolfe

Wait you dont think it could happen? Do you? that I could be king of all the world!!!!??? Dont worry, I will remember you when the people of this world are beneath my rule. If it makes you feel better I will rule just as Dany did, wich is to say horibbly. All joking aside that is exactly what im saying, just because a charecter sees something does not automaticly mean it will happen, it should be questioned, and the second dance does not have to include her.

It's set up already. She's the only female Targaryen with a dragon. Women can't rule because Rhaenyra lost the first time. Dany styles herself as a queen regnant while Aegon has already made moves against her "I'm the only dragon Westeros needs".

*cough Mirri maz dur and about a drillion other things cough*

Looks like this thread is well on it's way to spiraling into a Dany hate fest :grouphug:

Mirri Maz Dur murdered her child, that is good enough reason to sentence her to death.

By "drillion other things " do you mean when she free thousands of people from slavery, or when she stalled her ambition because she realised that countless innocent would suffer if she just left Meereen away. I know if frustated alot of readers, but that dosent mean she deserves death...

It's set up already. She's the only female Targaryen with a dragon. Women can't rule because Rhaenyra lost the first time. Dany styles herself as a queen regnant while Aegon has already made moves against her "I'm the only dragon Westeros needs".

Ok, lets say dany wins it all. she cant have kids, so when she dies what then? I know she is blood of the dragon, but she must know she is going to die one day, does she not care for what she leaves behind as long as she rules? Or does she think she will live forever?

Well, torture, burning an innocent alive, stealing, and everytime she says blood of the dragon I want her to die right there.

Mirri was not inocent, she murdered her unborn child. And by "stealing" i hope you dont mean she stole from the slavers, because you cant "steal" human beings, she set them free. Thinking "I am bloood of the dragon" alot just means she is proud of her origins, she nevers screams it at others like Viserys did...

Ok, lets say dany wins it all. she cant have kids, so when she dies what then? I know she is blood of the dragon, but she must know she is going to die one day, does she no care for what she leaves behind as long as she rules? Or does she think she will live forever?

It's not certain that she can't have kids. She can name an heir if it comes to that. Stannis may have to do that since it's highly likely that Shireen is going to die.

Mirri Maz Dur murdered her child, that is good enough reason to sentence her to death.

By "drillion other things " do you mean when she free thousands of people from slavery, or when she stalled her ambition because she realised that countless innocent would suffer if she just left Meereen away. I know if frustated alot of readers, but that dosent mean she deserves death...

This shouldn't get derailed into a Dany hate thread, but I think the sentiment comes from a few things, including but not limited to the fact that MMD did not actually kill Drogo or the baby, 163 crucifixions without direct proof of their culpability, ordering torture out of frustration, the fact that Slaver's Bay is materially worse than previously.

I don't personally root for her death, but I wanted to get out this quick summary of reasons why some feel that way so it doesn't turn into a debate about whether or not Dany deserves to die.

Thanks PatrickStormborn for that. I had not doubt there was something wrong about it.

Mirri was not inocent, she murdered her unborn child. And by "stealing" i hope you dont mean she stole from the slavers, because you cant "steal" human beings, she set them free. Thinking "I am bloood of the dragon" alot just means she is proud of her origins, she nevers screams it at others like Viserys did...

You did not adress the torture, she also caused a large war in slavers bay and many are starving to death because of it. Also look at how she left yunkai, was that pointless death or no?

Yes, Im serious. She never did anything in her story that makes her "deserving of death". This is something i would only say to people like Joffrey, Ramsay or Cersei. What did she ever do that makes killing her justifiable?

The road to Hell being paved with good intentions is a pretty apt answer here for you.

I know. My own personal belief is that she has a large part to play in the final conflict.

I still don't rule out the possibility of her dying before ever reahcing Westeros because like I said it would be completely in charater with the books. Also with all of the hints and foreshadowing of Dany reaching Westeros combined with her herself believing it will happen, it would leave us readers just as shocked and devatsed as Dany if she should be killed before it could ever happen . . the ultimate emotional payoff from a writer's perpsective.

I see this sentiment a lot, that it would be awesome/hilarious/shocking if "Character X" died because no one expected it and it would be extremely rewarding for Martin. But for me, I don't necessarily buy into the whole killing someone for shock value argument. The characters that have all died did so at the logical end of their narratives. They fulfilled their role to the reader. Killing Dany before she reaches Westeros, in my opinion, would be shock for the sake of shock, not the natural end of her story. If she's just there to introduce dragons, then that can be done in one or two books. But for so much of the last book devoted to her struggles as a ruler, it seems like there is more for her story to tell.

Now, I'm not saying she can't or won't die, but I think she needs to at least reach Westeros.

I would prefer if it's the other way round and Dany kils Arya. Then the reaction of the forum would be much more entertaining. The rage would be 10 times stronger.

Dany does not do her own killing she orders others to do it as she nibbles on figs.

This shouldn't get derailed into a Dany hate thread, but I think the sentiment comes from a few things, including but not limited to the fact that MMD did not actually kill Drogo or the baby, 163 crucifixions without direct proof of their culpability, ordering torture out of frustration, the fact that Slaver's Bay is materially worse than previously.

I don't personally root for her death, but I wanted to get out this quick summary of reasons why some feel that way so it doesn't turn into a debate about whether or not Dany deserves to die.

Thanks PatrickStormborn for that. I had not doubt there was something wrong about it.

Mirri made a joke about her dead, deformed child and Dany understood that it was part of the curse she did on Rhaego. Imo Mirri was right for trying to kill Drogo for what he did, but Rheago was an inocent child and didnt deserved to die like that. Mirri's execution was perfecly justifiable.

Making life in slavers bay worse is matter of perspective, she still has thousands of slaves on her side and rooting for her. So even if things arent perfect, most of the people she freed are happier than before. Also the fact that she is probably the most proeminent anti-slavery figure in the history of Essos makes it clear that if she just dies things will be even worse for slaves all over the world.

Making life in slavers bay worse is matter of perspective, she still has thousands of slaves on her side and rooting for her. So even if things arent perfect, most of the people she freed are happier than before.

Counterpoint; anybody in Astapor.

Mirri made a joke about her dead, deformed child and Dany understood that it was part of the curse she did on Rhaego. Imo Mirri was right for trying to kill Drogo for what he did, but Rheago was an inocent child and didnt deserved to die like that. Mirri's execution was perfecly justifiable.

Making life in slavers bay worse is matter of perspective, she still has thousands of slaves on her side and rooting for her. So even if things arent perfect, most of the people she freed are happier than before. Also the fact that she is probably the most proeminent anti-slavery figure in the history of Essos makes it clear that if she just dies things will be even worse for slaves all over the world.

Yes, burning someone alive is always justifiable. That is a scary comment. Also yes when she dies things will be worse for the slaves and she cant live forever, so basicly she just screwed them, unless she stays in slavers bay and never goes to westeros.

You did not adress the torture, she also caused a large war in slavers bay and many are starving to death because of it. Also look at how she left yunkai, was that pointless death or no?

Any war against slavery and human traffic is justifiable. Dany greatest mistake is that she was too soft. What happened in Yunkai is partially her fault, but she didnt do on purpose, it was clearly a mistake but i dont think anyone deserves to die for freeing people just because the freed slaves couldnt fix their society by themselves...

Allright. Let's do this

By what right/power does Dany have to "sentence" someone to death? She was queen of nothing at the time of Mirri's death despite her many delusions to the contrary. In the words of Gandalf do not be so quick to deal out death and judgement. She also burned Mirri for the blood magic needed in reviving the dragons. If you call Stannis out for the shadowbabies you have to call out Dany for this. You can't have it both ways. Mirri was also found by Daenerys being raped by Khal Drogo's men while the corpses of her friends, family and people lay about her. Yeah yeah Daenerys "rescued" her and then gave her and the other women the awesome perk of getting to marry the men who just killed their husbands. Great gal!

160 some oddd crucifixitions with ZERO proof. Impetuous, impulsive, and wrong.

Sacks Yunkai then leaves Yunkai almost immediately. Though she "freed" the slaves the institution of slavery returned almost immediately after she left. She was just a hurricane that rolled through and left a ton of destruction in her wake then let the people clean up.

Sacks Astapor: See Yunkai

Sacks Meereen: then proceeds to absolutely and unequivocally run meereen into the ground. Seriously read the Meereen chapters, It's a wasteand. That city is riddled with disease, death, murders, unrest, and political strife and Dany is DIRECTLY responsible. She is simply an ineffectual ruler.

Orders Tortures: see impulsivity

Should I keep goin? Is that enough?

ETA: As E-ro and other pointed out the slaves are happy? really? Astapor and Yunkai are the two most miserable places in the entire UNIVERSE. Would you be happier starving and carrying "the bloody flux"

Archived