If you were King after the wars? What would be your priorities/what would you change?

Pope Killdragon

Well, let's see, not necessarily in order:

• Create a council of the Lord Paramounts (or representatives), so they will be able to have a say in the future of the realm- and also to have hostages in case things go wrong; representatives of the NW, the Faith, and a lord of the Crowlands elected by them would be allowed;
  • Destroy the Red Keep and build a new one;
  • Wipe out the Boltons, Freys and Greyjoys- and the Baelishes, of course;
  • Abolish the Faith Militant;
  • Allow the Kingsguard to hire women and non-knights (from the North), establish some retirement program for the maimed and elderly ones that can't fight anymore (but forbid them from marrying to avoid succession issues);
  • Hire Unsullied for personal guard (neat idea, whoever had it);
  • Force the Iron Islands to convert to the Faith or the Old Gods- a religion that incentives reaving can't be good for anyone;
  • Pay back the debt to the Iron Bank (obviously);
  • Rebuild the Night's Watch;
  • Abolish trial by combat and the trial of seven, as well as forbid any confessions under torture (seriously, I can't believe I'm the first to bring this up);
  • All the gold mines will have to give 20% of their production to the crown;
  • Default on the debts to the Tyrells and the Lannisters;
  • The Lannisters will pay a heavy penalty for treason;
  • Part of the Reach (say anything North of Highgarden) becomes part of the Crownlands, to solve food problems and reduce the power of the area;
  • Oldtown becomes the seat of the (remaning) Reach, since the Hightowers usually keep to themselves;
  • Service to the NW will be voluntary (criminals will have the choice of remaining in the dungeons), but with incentives for the poor to join, including knighthoods and/or lands. Marriage would also be allowed;
  • Every noble house will be forced to send at least one able-bodied man between the ages of 16 of 35 for the NW, with a period of service of five years on the familie's expense. And yes, I know most would just send a random knight, put that's really irrelevant as long as they send someone. If they refuse or send someone without conditions, the head of the house will be stripped of his lands and titles and sent there for life.
  • Build a sewer system and improve King's Landing as a whole;

I have a question for everyone.

What would you do with the current serving members of the Kingsguard?

Ser Jaime

Ser Loras

Ser Balon

Ser Meryn

Ser Boros

Ser Robert

Ser Osmund (if he still counts)

Keep them? kill them? send them to the wall? Essos?

Balon- Keep him

Loras- allow him to leave Keep him as a hostage, to ensure Tyrell loyalty.

Everyone else: execution. And yes, that includes Jaime.

Introduce proto-feudo-kommunism to westeros with the wall as a massive penal camp(every criminal goes there) and invade Bravoss so I can nationalize the iron bank.And eliminate/obliterate all traces of the Freys and Boltons as well as taking each houses heir as a hostage(squire or cupbearer.

No more debt,invasion by the others,etc

Life is good

Archived