Where is Daenerys going?

LaroC

Not sure if anyone already posted something similar... but I've put together THE WORLD that makes all this make sense:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f36dep.jpg

If you keep going past Ashai into "the darkness", you're just going into the Land of Always Winter, and eventually, Westeros. The world is clearly tilted on its axis, and similar to parts of our world, the far reach of the ice is in perpetual darkness most of the time.

Or..... not.

I like it and have thought about that a lot recently. I'd like to think a major arc in the whole series is fully discovering their world and the dragons help make that possible. She will attack the wights coming from the north.

Like people have said, go east to get west, go south to go north.

I find that super intriguing.

this is a bit of a stretch, but here goes... She is going east to Asshai.. Then, no idea how, she continues to go east, and she reaches the continent that one of the Starks set out to find and never returned. Then, they find a lot of strange things there, learn a lot, and continue east... then they reach Westeros from the west...

I do not believe deposing your fathers Usurper might be called usurping...

Well technically yes, because the throne now "belongs" to the Baratheon line.

Definitely going to Vaes Dothrak, Khal Jhaqo's days are numbered. After that she will head back to Mereen and then finally fly across the narrow sea.

She fulfilled TPTWP prophecy. She is fire, she's got dragons, she is destined to fight against The Others. Of course she will go to Westeros. I didn't think that was ever in doubt. Not to mention that at the end of ADWD she very clearly made a choice and that was to embrace her family's words and her original goal.

I found the Mereen politics entertaining and I loved Dany's internal conflict throughout the book. But i'm ready to leave that behind by the end of TWOW. If she hasn't landed by then, there's no way in hell there will only be 7 books. Even if she does, that's still doubtful but that's another story.

Ha wow this entire thread started out stupid bullshit and then drowned in it.

Lets invade the Free Citiies with Dorathki, I thought Dany was a good guy.

Dorathki fought the Slavers, yes because thats how works,

Dany going to Starfell and taking Dawn... Yes and why the fuck would she take Dawn, not to use it, she barely weights more than Dawn.

Also please explain to me in fucking detail thow the fuck Dragons are going to be any use against the Others.

Lets start, Dany flew high on Drogon...

Then realised she can't fucking see in the dark, oh wait she is lucky she could see the Others armies wondering about carrying all the torches they don't use or need.

She then tried to talk to Barritstan, but was like FUCK noone has invented radios yet. She stopped a moment and wondered how Aegon did it. Then she was like oh yes, he waited till it was midday. Then she died waiting for the LONG NIGHT to end...

Dragons are as much use as using a giant pink dildo to try and beat wights to death.

Dragons are creatures of the sun and only come out during the day.

You know that time where Othere hide from the Sun and wait for Night or just turn on Endless Night Basic Evil Guy plan 36ck.

Try reading the books then applying logic and not just vomiting on your keyboard.

You're gonna be skipping a lot of the last book.

What do you see Dany doing in ADOS? I am expecting her to get to Westeros and be killed, probably by the Others but possibly inadvertantly by Littlefinger (if he's still alive) or maybe Arya? I feel pretty confident she will never rule the kingdom.

I see a lot of history repeating itself in ASOIAF (Tyrion as the new Lann the Clever, Rhaegar as the new Bael the Bard, Ned and Robb as the new Rickard and Brandon, etc.), and Dany has frequently thought of herself as a new Aegon the Conqueror so I think it's important to remember that, before he invaded Westeros, Aegon and Balerion fought on the side of the Pentoshi against Volantis during a war between the remnants of the Vayrian Freehold. I feel like there was a lot of foreshadowing in ADWD that war will come to both Pentos and Volantis, so I think Dany's travels may lead her there.

Dany going to Starfell and taking Dawn... Yes and why the fuck would she take Dawn, not to use it, she barely weights more than Dawn.

Also please explain to me in fucking detail thow the fuck Dragons are going to be any use against the Others.

Then realised she can't fucking see in the dark, oh wait she is lucky she could see the Others armies wondering about carrying all the torches they don't use or need.

She then tried to talk to Barritstan, but was like FUCK noone has invented radios yet. She stopped a moment and wondered how Aegon did it. Then she was like oh yes, he waited till it was midday. Then she died waiting for the LONG NIGHT to end...

Dragons are as much use as using a giant pink dildo to try and beat wights to death.

You know that time where Othere hide from the Sun and wait for Night or just turn on Endless Night Basic Evil Guy plan 36ck.

Try reading the books then applying logic and not just vomiting on your keyboard.

:lol:

I don't think she'll ever make it to Westeros. And I don't think she's meant to destroy the others. I believe that there needs to be a balance between ice and fire, that the others aren't necessarily evil entities that need to be destroyed. Bran is on the side of darkness/ice according to Melisandre's dreams, Arya is on the side of darkness/ice according to the Ghost of High Hill, I believe Jon will somehow become involved with the others as well. That's three of our good guys. I believe that the ruins of Valyria need to be restored, and that Dany needs to end up in the Land of the Long Summer in Valyria just as Jon needs to end up in the Lands of Always WInter North of the Wall. I think the naming of that location in Valyria is a big hint as to where the ending is heading. From here, Dany can restore fire's balance in the natural order of the world, while Jon restores the natural balance of ice.

I can't tell if this is a truly poor attempt at trolling or just real awfulness.

If we guesstimate that one ship was able to carry 100 soldiers then 100 ships would be able to transport an army of 10.000 men (much less if also carrying horses).

So 100 ships might suffice to transport the Unsullied and a mercenary unit or two.

But I don't see how Dany would find the ships for a Dothraki horde and their horses. The logicstics seem impossible.

If one guesstimates one horse taking the room of 4 men (which seems on the low side) then you would need 400 ships for 10.000 horses, 4.000 ships for 100.000 horses. And that does not yet even count the men nor the fodder.

A cavalry horse needs 25 kg (50 pounds) of fresh fodder each day. Say it needs less while standing still on a ship so we'll calculate 15 kg. (30 pounds). That means 100.000 horses still would eat 1.500.000 kg (1500 tons) of food each day.

A typical Cog in the middle ages was able to transport about 240 long tons (a long ton was 1016 kg so roughly a modern ton). So Dany would need 6 ships worth of fodder per day of travel just to feed 100.000 horses. That's an additional 180 ships per month of travel just for fodder, rations for the men not included.

Now the horses also drink water. The amount varies between 22 and 90 litres (1 litre = 1 kg) per day. So for 100.000 horses, even if you go with low value which probably wouldn't work, you still end up with 2.200.000 kg (2.200 tons) of water each day. That means another 9 ships per day for water. ( 270 ships per month of travel just for water).

The logistics are still pretty impossible, but most horses only eat about 15-20 lbs of hay/feed a day, or 1-2% of their body weight. Similarly, most only drink 5-10 gallons of water a day, so that's closer to 20-40 liters.

The logistics are still a lot, even without horses, but you've got the horses consuming a pretty amazing amount of food and water.

I don't see Dany reaching Westeros up until the 7th book. Then again I think there will be 8 books. There are too much mess in Essos. I think by the time she goes to Westeros, Dany would have a sizable from from Essos and conquer good amount of parts and I think she would completely destroy the slave trade. All of this would take lot of time and don't see her reaching Westeros up until book 7. And its said that she would embrace fire and blood but that might lead Dany to completely destroy the slave trade and just kill all the opposition in Essos. And then she decides to go to Westeros.

• 2 months later...

I hope GRRM finally manages to wrap up the Essos chapter. What I hope will happen:

Dany burns Khal Jhaqo and forces his khalasar to submit or burn. Next we hear Barristan fighting for Mereen. Then we're back to Dany who has flown to Vaes Dothrak (alone) to fulfill the prophecy of kneeling crones. She is titled the stallion who mounts the world. Back in Mereen a few dothraki arrive to Mereen and reveal to Barristan that Dany has taken Khal Jhaqo's khalasar and sent them to Volantis. In Volantis the dothraki face little resistance since all their soldiers were sent to Mereen. Now Dany holds the entire Slaver's bay and slave trade is crushed for good. She's ready to move to Westeros to clash with Stannis in Dragonstone.

Biggest question is how Dany is going to destroy the slave trade with the dothraki who are very much in favour of it. She'd have to change their entire culture to make them submit to her. One big dragon is not enough. Judging from the fact how GRRM loves to create obstacles and unnecessary twists, this is something he won't ignore and Dany will be stuck in Essos for three more books. But one can always hope.

Archived