Where is Daenerys going?

LaroC

If she burns jhako and takes the khalasar I think we might see her go back to vaes dothrak and get all the khalasars together. My opinion on that is based on a few things, firstly dany's vision of the crones of vaes dothrak emerging from the womb of the world and bowing down to her, secondly because of the prophecy that her son would rule the world "the stallion that mounts the world" and dany's repeatedly saying that her dragons were the only children she would ever have.

this is plausible, and she sees herself as dothraki now, so maybe this is how she wants to take westeros back, by saying okay you cast me out, i could people who accept me, now BURN.

I think she makes it back to Westeros. It just seems like too many wasted pages if she never gets there. The series that has already run longer than GRRM planned. If he has no designs on her reaching Westeros she is a character that he easily could have done without.

She will play a major role in the final shake-up of Westeros, although she could ultimately not achieve her goal.

"To go forward, you must go back."

I think The Mother of Dragons will return to Vaes Dothrak to become the most powerful member of the dosh khaleen and eventually rise to a position the Dothraki have never seen. In my 3rd time through AGOT I almost dropped the book when Vaes Dothrak was said to be big enough to house all the Dothraki khalasars at one time. I don't think it's a coincidence that all the khalasars can be united in a single place, I think it's a contingency plan. So far, Dany has seen Vaes Dothrak as a retirement home that she doesn't want to be stuck in. But Vaes Dothrak has to have another purpose. I think Dany can unite all the khalasars and turn the Dothraki into a group with a purpose and focus it has never had. From there? Westeros?

I have to admit Dany has grown more and more disappointing over the past few books. The thing I always have to remember is that he had to deviate from his original plan. Dany needed time for the dragons to grow and become a force to be recloned with. Dany's character needed to learn a few life lessons so they all needed to settle in one spot. Mereen was the perfect spot because its the last city on that side of the world before you get to the free cities. Now the dragons can do damage and she is all set to move forward.

My prediction is that she will kill Jhaqo and Mago as revenge for Eroeh, and take his Khalasar. From there she will head to Vaes Dothrak. (Not sure if on dragonback or by land) When the crones see her with Drogon they will bow and worship her and proclaim her The stallion who mounts the world. She will then begin her journey back to Merren, collecting Khalasars along the way. Somehow GRRM slows things down in Mereen and she arrives just in.time to make a difference. From there she heads to westeros but does ssome heavy raiding along the way. (Volantis, stepstones, lys etc). Somehow I think Tyrion will have something to do with the arrangement between her and Victarion.

• 4 weeks later...

I need to see this Shadow over Asshai and whatever's going on over there. It would be much more interesting that her just traveling west to Volantis or Pentos, someplace we've seen before. I know I have high hopes, but I do believe that the Mad Queen Daenerys' journey to Westeros will be interesting enough and that her eventual invasion will be very fun.

What could be more fun than landing in Volantis, aligning with the slaves (particularly the Volantis slave soldiers), and tearing down The Black Wall?

Well, except landing in Westeros of course.....

I have a feeling that there will be a stop in Volantis. Maybe as some reaction to the Volantenes (sp) sending a fleet, but also because it's just a very logical stop along the way as far as geography is concerned. And I think the former slave telling Tyrion to tell Danaerys that they are waiting for her was a foreshadowing of sorts.

Had to be. Chekhov's gun at work.

I'm sorry, but I hope Dany never makes it to Westeros. I would think Martin is a literary genius, if he built her up the way he has, just to have her die without ever reaching Westeros. She doesn't deserve to have any impact on Westeros. The only true ruler is Stannis. Dany would just be a usurper.

this is a bit of a stretch, but here goes... She is going east to Asshai.. Then, no idea how, she continues to go east, and she reaches the continent that one of the Starks set out to find and never returned. Then, they find a lot of strange things there, learn a lot, and continue east... then they reach Westeros from the west...

I'm sorry, but I hope Dany never makes it to Westeros. I would think Martin is a literary genius, if he built her up the way he has, just to have her die without ever reaching Westeros. She doesn't deserve to have any impact on Westeros. The only true ruler is Stannis. Dany would just be a usurper.

I do not believe deposing your fathers Usurper might be called usurping...

How can stannis fight others by grinding his teeth together she will have to go to westeros and will end up fighting others with her dragons.

• 2 weeks later...

I think she will be pissed off at Ser Grandfather for promising Pentos to The Tattered Prince (tTP). Especially since Selmy already heard her reasons why she wouldn't betray Illyrio. Might be she's forgiving...and just lights the tTP's ass on fire and takes his warriors. Its SO hard to predict how Dany will react to all the things Ser Barristan has done since her dragonflight.

I don't know if she has enough ships to sail all the Dothraki to Westeros in one trip let alone all her freedmen and sellswords.

1. Victarion will have to capture the volantene fleet to have enough ships. (not just destroy them)

2. She could have the Dothraki convene and declare her, "stallion that monuts the world". I have reservations about this because of the male dominated culure. But with the crones blessing(and a dragon) she might have a shot.

3. Maybe she will be pregnant with a dothraki child by the time she gets back to Mereen. (I saw one of Balerions videos on youtube that suggested this)

4. Dany's "Braker of chains" title is one of my favorites and as such might travel by land and smash the slave trade for good. This would be the best use of the Dothraki's prowess, but would require a major culture shift for the Dothraki. If that is how it plays out she would have enough men to conquer the 7K easily. Especially since the 7K will be in starvation mode when she gets there.

What I want her to do is Dragonfire all 3 slavers Bay cities and wipe the Harpys' cities off the map. Their entire giscari culture repulses me (I'm sure by design). She has learned most of the lessons she can from them...now its time to be a conquerer and light a warning beacon for the world. At least burn the f'n Tokars!

I think I'd like to see Dany unite all of the khalasars, gather her men from meereen, sweep the slavers and free cities, then make it to Westeros only to have to abandon all hopes of claiming the throne so that she can save everyone from the others. Would be bittersweet methinks to see her die a martyr and then have sansa and tyrion on the throne >.<

Im also intrigued by the idea of dany creating a republic like old valyria or something, uniting essos and westeros

Not sure if anyone already posted something similar... but I've put together THE WORLD that makes all this make sense:

http://i48.tinypic.com/f36dep.jpg

If you keep going past Ashai into "the darkness", you're just going into the Land of Always Winter, and eventually, Westeros. The world is clearly tilted on its axis, and similar to parts of our world, the far reach of the ice is in perpetual darkness most of the time.

Or..... not.

To go West she must go East :)

I think that "passing under the shadow" is her standing under Drogon's shadow and facing him down and surviving... I seem to remember him being called the Black Shadow or something like that...

She will burn one or both of them... saying the word "Dracarys". The others will bow down before Drogon the Stallion, and she will cut all their braids off. She will find out that the crones had told the khalasars to join with the slavers against her, so she will go to Vaes Dothrak and burn them until the crones bow down to her just like in the vision she had. At this time we will see Dany become a savage again... to go forward you must go back...

The battle of Slaver's Bay will play out without her...the battle will be won but the city will be devastated. She will find out from her riders about the city, and that Barristan and Daario are dead and lose her mind... Instead of returning right away she will attack the Yunkai in their hometown again... this time burning it to the ground... letting her bloodriders and dragons just cut loose and destroy everything.

Ultimately too, I think that she never gets to Westeros either, but rules in Volantys like a new Valyria. But thats for another thread maybe.

I was with you right until the last part :)

I hope she heads to Westeros as soon as is possible. For me, the meat of her story is in getting back there and trying to claim the crown, and take Jorah, Tyrion, Barristan and Victarion with you young lady.

I am a little biased in this regard though, I'm sure some will consider it heresy but the politics, history and people of Essos I find far less interesting than that of Westeros, though I appreciate GRRM felt this was a story that had to be told (dur, obviously!)

Archived