It's day 3 now. The following players are still alive:

kalaw

Petyr Baelish

Silver Spearwife

SnowStorm

The Kingmaker

The dead players are:

Alek - lynched on day 1 (innocent)

Faraday Expecto Patronum - killed on night 2 (innocent)

Ser-Arthur-Dayne GreatJim Umber - lynched on day 2 (innocent)

Monday - lynched on day 3 (evil mastermind)

This is the setting post that justifies the choice of alts in this game.

... they really are clever alts, honest :unsure:. Now, where did I put the ...

... um. Well, this is embarrassing. We were all set to have a game of mafia soon -- I've spent weeks working on the complicated alt rules you were looking forward to ignoring -- but it seems that some upstarts have stolen the passwords for the alts. Obviously we can't play a game of mafia without alts.

Even I, House Targaryen, have been reduced to posting in a left-over alt from an old game. How are people supposed to take me seriously when I don't have a dragon as an avatar? :(

Well. Once a human being has crossed the moral event horizon and stolen some passwords, can violent murder be far behind? I doubt it. Probably the thieves have already killed, in fact. Yes, I'm sure of it.

Hmm. I know - why don't I let the seven of you track down these killers? I'm sure they're in this thread somewhere...

No, no - don't think too hard about the contrived nature of the game. That won't help anyone. Just amuse yourselves by reading the posts below while you wait for the game to start.

Do not post in this thread yet. I will send you role information before the game begins on Monday.

This is the rules post.

In this game we will be using the standard rules and game mechanics unless otherwise specified. You don't want to read those again, do you? (In the unlikely event you do, they can be found here on Soph's board.)

This game will also feature some special rules / mechanics. Where these conflict with the standard rules or mechanics, the new rules take precedence.

Alts?

In this game we will not be using alts. Feel free to talk about past games and the part that you or any other people played in them. (Don't treat this as an invitation to continue arguments or feuds from past games, though. That would be unwise and is liable to be treated as a personal attack.)

Codes, Clues and Hidden Messages

There are no clues in the death scenes.

However, it is the considered opinion of the mods that steganography, codes and all forms of smuggling secret messages into posts are pretty awesome. Therefore there is no ban on using these methods in this game..

Day and Night Length

Days can last a maximum of 36 hours.

Nights should last a maximum of 4 hours (so send in your PMs early!).

Factional Kill

The killers have a factional night-kill and may kill one innocent player on every even-numbered night.

Failure to Lynch

The mods do not approve of going to night or failing to lynch. Should the players fail to lynch at the end of a day, the mod will post an offical warning of dire things to come. Should the players fail to lynch at the end of a day following this warning, the mod may choose to award the game to the killers. Don't tempt us.

Modkills For Inactivity

Given the small number of players, the mods will strive to warn anybody who is in danger of becoming inactive. The mods will send a warning PM to any player they notice has not posted for 21 hours or longer and will also note on the thread that a warning has been sent. If a player has gone 24 hours without posting and was warned about their inactivity at least two hours ago, they are automatically modkilled and should not post again. As usual, this modkill happens whether or not the mods announce it.

Note that warnings will not be sent repeatedly: if you have been warned for inactivity, post to the thread and then become inactive again, you will receive no further warning before being modkilled.

Do not attempt to deliberately be modkilled for inactivity, offer to do so or suggest that another player should do so. Expect bad things to result if you do.

Replacements

In special circumstances we may allow people to be replaced rather than modkilled for inactivity. This will only happen if it is announced before the modkill. If you feel you are unable to continue the game, please PM the mods as soon as possible.

Winning Conditions

The killers win the game as soon as they are not outnumbered by innocents.

However -- and unlike most previous games -- the innocents do not need to lynch all the killers to win. The innocents win the game by lynching the killer with the Mastermind role. See the role list below...

This is the role list.

There are two factions in this game, innocents and killers.

At the start of the game there are 7 roleless innocents. Before the game begins, they will be sent the following PM:

Um. Apparently the killers weren't content to steal the alt passwords. They've stolen all the power role PMs, too. Therefore you must be a roleless innocent.

You must help the mod recover the passwords using only your natural wits and skill. Hmm... well, maybe you'll get a lucky break?

At the start of the game there are two killers. Each killer has an additional role - they are either an Evil Ninja or the Mastermind.

If the Mastermind is ever lynched, the innocents win, whether or not any killer remains alive.

However, if an evil ninja is lynched the game does not end. As soon as the final vote is placed on them, the ninja will attack and kill a pre-selected innocent player. Both the ninja and the targetted innocent die and the day ends.

A killer with the evil ninja role should send in their choice of target by PM to the mods. This PM should be sent in during the previous night or, on day 1 only, within the first 24 hours of the day. If a PM is not sent to the mods in time, the ninja will not kill anybody when lynched.

At the start of the game, both killers have the "evil ninja" role. However this wouldn't be fair to the innocents eventually they'll realise that you can't have an evil scheme without a Mastermind. Before the end of night 1, the killers must send a PM to the mods nominating one of their number as Mastermind. If alive, the player nominated will become Mastermind on day 2. There must always be one killer with the Mastermind role from day 2 onwards. (Failure to send in a nomination before night 1 ends may lead to the mods to pick a Mastermind at random or to give the role to both survivng killers.)

As long as both killers survive, they may choose to swap roles during any of the following night phases (again, this can be done by a provisional PM as well).

At the risk of repeating ourselves, the killers lose as soon as the player with the Mastermind role is lynched.

With any luck, the game will be starting fairly soon. (Please accept my apologies in advance for any delay - this is a result of factors not entirely under my control).

Roles are being randomised and sent out now.

Please do not post in this thread until (1) you have received a role PM; and (2) I officially announce that the game has begun (it has not yet).

It is Day 1,

9 players remain:

Alek, Expecto Patronum, kalaw, Monday, Petyr Baelish, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, Silver Spearwife, SnowStorm, The Kingmaker

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch and 5 for no lynch.

(Hades will one day be not lazy to fix the timer, but it is 36 hours from now, 10:30 AM EST, which means end of day is tomorrow at 20:30 EST)

EDIT: time accuracy fixed

*Glitter* *Fireworks* *Hell of an entrance*

Don't fret town, I'm here to inspire chaos, madness and some laughs during our scumhunt.

Let's begin with Alek, although for once people will not mistake us, this town is not big enough for so much batshit. What do you make of this?

*more glitter* *more fireworks* *Finishes entrance*

It is Day 1,

9 players remain:

Alek, Expecto Patronum, kalaw, Monday, Petyr Baelish, Ser-Arthur-Dayne, Silver Spearwife, SnowStorm, The Kingmaker

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to lynch and 5 for no lynch.

1 Vote for Alek (Expecto Patronum)

1 Vote for Petyr Baelish (SnowStorm)

7 players have not voted.

Expecto Patronum talks a lot. That's gonna be hard when reviewing posts. Avada Kedavra!

you have CLEARLY not played any game with me on it... I'll let you off the hook for now. I'm more interested in hearing from Alek atm...

Monday!! Right?? I thought I had one too, the fact that you think he is just re-assures me!! =D I love playing with you!! =D

Archived