Eyelesbarrow in Sydney!

Paxter

What?

Eyelesbarrow is visiting Sydney. If that isn't reason enough to attend a BwB meet, then I really don't know what is.

Who?

Everyone in the NSW BwB and possibly some from further afield.

Confirmed attendees:

Paxter (Fri, Sat)

Eyelesbarrow (Fri, Sat)

Neal (Fri)

Horza (Fri, Sat)

The Winged Shadow (Fri, Sat)

Potential attendees:

Brady

Morningsword (Arantius)

Stormborne

BeeTrix

Sh_wulff

Jeor

Brook

Where/when?

We will be meeting at 6:00 pm at the Bavarian Bier Cafe on York St, Sydney on Friday 13 July. Then will head to Circular Quay, followed by a restaurant, followed by Lowenbrau.

And Saturday 14 July: Manly beach during the day, then an evening of dinner and booze at the Tilbury, or perhaps Coopers or the Shakespeare.

I'm in for Friday night but I have I be back in Brisbane on Saturday now. I get in about 4:30pm Friday so I'll just head to my hotel and then straight to Bavarian cafe.

Should be fun :)

If Neal is coming from Brisbane then I'm expecting a full complement of New South Welshmen. I'll keep updating the first post for attendees.

Suggestions for Saturday? Bavarian sounds like a goer for Friday.

Also I should mention: we will probably take EB to the beach on Saturday - it's supposed to be fine and sunny. So yeah, pub lunch at the beach (Manly?) on Saturday and all are welcome to join.

Nil, are you in for Fri as well?

@EB: not long to go until it's remedied! :cheers:

Although we will be having German beer on Friday night...

@Horz: Do you think the Newtown idea is good/bad for Sat? Or have any other ideas for Saturday?

@Horz: Do you think the Newtown idea is good/bad for Sat? Or have any other ideas for Saturday?

Depends - if the weather's good and we do Manly I was thinking the Tilbury afterwards, which is a nice scenic walk around the Botanic Gardens from Circular Quay.

Otherwise if the weather's not on our side maybe somewhere nice and cosy like the Coopers or the Shakespeare.

Depends - if the weather's good and we do Manly I was thinking the Tilbury afterwards, which is a nice scenic walk around the Botanic Gardens from Circular Quay.

Otherwise if the weather's not on our side maybe somewhere nice and cosy like the Coopers or the Shakespeare.

Sounds good!

I'll see what I can do, but I can't promise at this stage. The plans sound good so at least I know where to head & I'll text if I can make it. Cross fingers & toes :)

Brady/Morningsword, hope you guys can both make it.

As for Saturday, do you think we should just say to meet at 5 pm at Circular Quay? Then can use the train to go anywhere from there or walk to Wooloomooloo.

Alas I won't be able to join you all this time 'round, work deadlines prohibit me travelling today and as I was unsure if i could make it I had accepted dinner plans for tomorrow (beef pho - and those well aware of the preparation involved to make good pho will understand that I needed to have informed my hosts of any change several days ahead).

Revel well my friends, and do the Aussie BWB proud, treat Eyelesbarrow to a grand time <waves fondly to EB>. And someone have a draught of cider for me if you're not too pissed to remember.

Alas I won't be able to join you all this time 'round, work deadlines prohibit me travelling today and as I was unsure if i could make it I had accepted dinner plans for tomorrow (beef pho - and those well aware of the preparation involved to make good pho will understand that I needed to have informed my hosts of any change several days ahead).

Revel well my friends, and do the Aussie BWB proud, treat Eyelesbarrow to a grand time <waves fondly to EB>. And someone have a draught of cider for me if you're not too pissed to remember.

See you in just six short weeks mate!!

And someone have a draught of cider for me if you're not too pissed to remember.

Finally, someone with some sense. According to Paxter and Horza, Cider is a summer drink. Stupid ass rule, I say! I will have some Cider on your behalf tonight, Map! Those snobs (Horza and Paxter) be damned!

Leaving for the airport in an hour. See you guys later! :cheers:

Not sure if you got my message with the phone numbers, but if not, I will send you a PM now containing the numbers.

Finally, someone with some sense. According to Paxter and Horza, Cider is a summer drink. Stupid ass rule, I say! I will have some Cider on your behalf tonight, Map! Those snobs (Horza and Paxter) be damned!

Only females and NZers are permitted to drink cider in winter.

End of story.

Archived