Prophecy: Sansa Kills Littlefinger

Devala

Agreed, but what I am saying is that in her thought process I don't think she sees it as a political statement or anything such as that.

She doesn't need to - that might come later, but the important thing is that she's beginning to challenge these patriarchal norms and realises that her personal feelings and desires are more important than what is prescribed as the "right" way for a woman to behave.

SHE'S not. GRRM is. Sansa just thinks the Imp is icky and is a member of the family that killed her father. GRRM is deconstructing the damsel-in-distress, patriarchal society, etc. GRRM is making political statements. Sansa just wants to get the 7 hells out of there.

Ok, continue not getting the point. I'm done.

She doesn't need to - that might come later, but the important thing is that she's beginning to challenge these patriarchal norms and realises that her personal feelings and desires are more important than what is prescribed as the "right" way for a woman to behave.

Ok, continue not getting the point. I'm done.

I agree that is what she REPRESENTS. Which is important to her character and growth. But it is NOT what she THINKS at the moment.

Don't forget her being pretty much the reason to kickstart Ned's downfall. She's like 13, but still she should know better...

You know, that's the one thing that everyone gives her grief for, and I'm completely alright with. The only consequence of tattling to Cersei was that she screwed Arya and herself out of getting out of KL and to WF, and seeing as how WF got Theon'd, that's a good thing. Ned was Ned's downfall.

But don't you think examples such as Sweet Robin and Tyrion are more in dislike or disgust in the specific people rather than what the institution is?

She also doesn't want to marry Harry the Heir and constantly laments her claim. Why do you think she is lamenting her claim? Is it random thoughts?

She hasn't done anything for her enemies, I'm just saying she doesn't want to give the Lannisters the satisfaction of being a happy little wife.

I have no idea what this means. When did she think she should not give the Lannisters the satisfaction of being a happy wife? I can't think of anywhere this has any bearing on Sansa's decisions.

Don't forget her being pretty much the reason to kickstart Ned's downfall. She's like 13, but still she should know better...

Hey did you see that? That was the sarcasm flying right past you.

She had nothing to do with Ned's downfall. He sealed his fate when he confronted Cersei. Right after that, she arranged for Robert to be killed. Ned even refused offers of help from Renly and LF. The only one Ned can blame is himself.

now that list is quite large:

The tyrells

The tullys

the lords of the riverlands

the whole north

The starks

the lords declarant

add the lannisters

and IMHO the iron bank of braavos

How are the tyrells and Lannisters pissed off at LF? Last we know they are both grateful for him and the deals he is able to broker.

I agree that is what she REPRESENTS. Which is important to her character and growth. But it is NOT what she THINKS at the moment.

How can it be not what she thinks when we see her having those thoughts? Is she framing it in the way you seem to want her to? No. She's coming to a deeper understanding of the unfair, oppressive structures in society via her personal experiences. We've already seen her make a very early "political statement" when she thought to herself that she would rule through love and not fear like Cersei advised. In the Vale, she thinks that she might never want to get married again and that's a pretty clear rejection of an institution which patriarchy uses to cement male power.

Oh that's how it works for the male characters only. Women are just there as mouthpieces.

Come on now, I was NOT insinuating that at all.

I'm simply saying this:

Sansa herself does NOT think of what SHE represents. She does her actions yes, but she is NOT thinking "I am making a statement against marriage omg!"

GRRM is the one who is showing HOW her thinking represents those ideals. She herself is NOT thinking about political statements.

Sansa herself does NOT think of what SHE represents. She does her actions yes, but she is NOT thinking "I am making a statement against marriage omg!"

GRRM is the one who is showing HOW her thinking represents those ideals. She herself is NOT thinking about political statements.

Neither is Dany, but you were onboard with her fighting the patriarchy. So either both of them are, or none.

Come on now, I was NOT insinuating that at all.

I'm simply saying this:

huh :stillsick: . Aren't Sansa's thoughts about not wanting to be in an arranged marriage ore perhaps not marry ever, and having no issue with women having sex without marriage not enough?

This thread is going a little bit off topic. It originally was about Sansa slaying a savage giant. So we can agree that Sansa's arc is both about taking control over her autonomy and life as the possibility of her becoming a player. I was wondering could these two themes in Sansa's journey melt into one :dunno: . Her becoming a player could not only be about saving Sweet Robin's life by "slaying" LF, but also gaining control over her life. If so how do you think Sansa would do that?

huh :stillsick: . Aren't Sansa's thoughts about not wanting to be in an arranged marriage ore perhaps not marry ever, and having no issue with women having sex without marriage not enough?

But those are her personal opinions...she is not thinking "This is a representation! I am a representation!"

Btw, I love Sansa. I'm not trying to insult her character AT ALL.

Also for your other question, Sansa still maintains her kindness, yet is getting some shrewdness alongside. So yes, I think she will see Robin as a child, and save him.

She will probably devise a scheme.

But those are her personal opinions...she is not thinking "This is a representation! I am a representation!"

Btw, I love Sansa. I'm not trying to insult her character AT ALL.

Also for your other question, Sansa still maintains her kindness, yet is getting some shrewdness alongside. So yes, I think she will see Robin as a child, and save him.

She will probably devise a scheme.

Well duh she is only recently starting to resent the idea of arranged marriage of course it will take some time. Plus I just realized something. How will she particularly slay Little Finger, because we could all believe she will poison him, but if Sansa putting the head of SW doll on a stick and on the walls of Winterfell is suppose to be mirror foreshadow to the "real deal" then Sansa has to reclaim Winterfell. And in order to do that she needs to marry Harry the Heir so the army of the Vale will help her reclaim Winterfell. But before that all happens SW needs to die. This whole prophecy thing is getting confusing :bang:

Well , yes.

I'm not trying to insult Sansa or her character, she's one of my faves.

All I said was, that yes, she represents things, but she herself does not think "i represent things!"

Neither does Dany. I don't think you are ever going to get thoughts from them on how what they do is on behalf of women everywhere or that they want to take on the patriarchy. They are just going to do those things. Make sense?

Archived