Prophecy: Sansa Kills Littlefinger

Devala

This is possible. However we also should be aware that what Sansa did with Sweet Robin's doll and spiking the head of it on the walls of snow replica Winterfell could be a foreshadow to the "real deal". So in my opinion Winterfell as "Castle of Snow" shouldn't be ruled out either :D

There is not just that - there is the fact that Lysa spilled the beans on who poisoned Jon Arryn and why just before she went sailing out the Moon Door. Lysa admitted that she poisoned Jon at Petyr's request.

That certainly impacted the reader - but at that point Sansa/Alayne had narrowly escaped death herself, saw her aunt (her last living relative for all she knows) get pushed out the Moon Door by her husband, and then was swept up in Littlefinger's covering his butt by accusing Marillion of the murder. So in the crisis it probably didn't sink in for Sansa just how much Littlefinger is to blame for her father's death, her family's downfall, and the chaos in Westeros in general.

I guarantee you, it is going to sink in eventually. And when it does sink in and the full impact hits Sansa - she is going to bring him down. Littlefinger's wandering hands and "fatherly" kisses are gross, I agree; but the knowledge that he was the one who was responsible for her family's downfall is going to hit Sansa much much harder.

Grrr... I had a long post to you both written out and then the board ate it. I'll try to put my thougths back together.

I've wondered if the slaying of LF on the walls of WF may be metaphorical at all. When building the castle, Sansa confronts LF about failig to take her home and he replies that she'd need to make a new home and that the WF she knew is gone. So, it could just mean bringing him down as he is the one that started the downfall of her family.

I the re-reading Sansa thread, someone pointed out that Lysa told Sansa about poison being a woman's weapon but that a mother would do anything to protect her children. Then, in the first AFFC chapter, Sansa does tell Ser Sweetrobin that she is his mother now. Plus, she should still have that hairnet. I'd love to see her taking him down in an effort to save Ser Sweetrobin.

I want to see the Winter Girl's Fury! I want to see Sansa angry! I want to see her let out all the pain, hurt, grief, torture, emotion, sadness, restraint, and all that she has been forced to bottle up.

I want those snowflakes to fall, but to cleanse her, not to remind her of things that were lost.

I want her to be reborn anew of Snow as Dany was of Fire, fierce in what she must.

I want Sansa to keep on going down this path, and become the strong woman she was meant to be.

Well she did get angry before she put the doll's head on a twig and on the "walls of Winterfell". Again could that also be an foreshadow that what indicates Sansa to "slay" Little Finger will be out of revenge?

There is some truth to that, but to say she has been entirely at the mercy of others and has not taken control over her life is inaccurate. How did she escape Harrenhal? That was all Arya. Who planned Weasel Soup? Arya. Who tickled the Tickler? Arya. Who bullied the bully Joff? Arya. Who made innumerable attempts to leave KL and kept herself alive when those attempts were thwarted? Arya. Who secured passage across the Narrow Sea, searched out the Faceless Men, discarded all of her worldly possessions except Needle, killed a NW deserter and warged into a cat and bitch-slapped the Kindly Man? Arya, Arya, Arya, Arya, Arya. Yea, a lot of what has happened to her has been against her will, but she has been VERY active.

Really the worst position you could of possibly took to support your argument.

How did she escape Harrenhal? 30% Arya 70% Jaqen

Who planned Weasel Soup? 1% Aryra 99% Jaqen

Who tickled the Tickler? 85% Hound 15% Arya

Who bullied the bully Joffrey? Who got the blacksmiths kid and Lady killed, Arya

Who made innumerable attempts to leave KL and kept herself alive when those attempts were thwarted? Who got kidnapped by a NW member and led to safety?

Who secured passage across the Narrow Sea, searched out the Faceless Men, discarded all of her worldly possessions except Needle, killed a NW deserter and warged into a cat and bitch-slapped the Kindly Man? Who took the only option she had beyond death?

Really not sure what the big difference between the two, between one of them got their big break earlier.

NW guy saves offers Arya a way out of KL, she takes it

Dontos offers Sansa a way out of KL, this way is far sketchier than Arya's cleancut exit, she takes it

Then Arya is set on a path, she saves Jaqen which as you put it before anyone who isn't a socio-path would of done.

If Jaqen turned up at KL and offered Sansa three lives, she probably would of used them more wisely.

If Jaqen turned up at KL and offered Sansa three lives, she probably would of used them more wisely.

My guesses are Joffrey, Cersei and Meryn or Trant. That would solve a lot of problems I think. And create them, but then again; Joffrey and Cersei would be dead. :V

Grrr... I had a long post to you both written out and then the board ate it. I'll try to put my thougths back together.

I've wondered if the slaying of LF on the walls of WF may be metaphorical at all. When building the castle, Sansa confronts LF about failig to take her home and he replies that she'd need to make a new home and that the WF she knew is gone. So, it could just mean bringing him down as he is the one that started the downfall of her family.

I the re-reading Sansa thread, someone pointed out that Lysa told Sansa about poison being a woman's weapon but that a mother would do anything to protect her children. Then, in the first AFFC chapter, Sansa does tell Ser Sweetrobin that she is his mother now. Plus, she should still have that hairnet. I'd love to see her taking him down in an effort to save Ser Sweetrobin.

Not with the hairnet, it would only mean she act like most if not all of the woman of Westerous, she needs a different weapon like Danny has her Dragons, Sansa needs something also, and to me thats her ability to talk to and convince people to do her bidding so I rather she manipulate the guy and ruin him forever or manipulate someone else into killing him.

This is where we see her grow not the poison hairnet, that would only make others think she did do in to Joffery

Really the worst position you could of possibly took to support your argument.

How did she escape Harrenhal? 30% Arya 70% Jaqen

Who planned Weasel Soup? 1% Aryra 99% Jaqen

Who tickled the Tickler? 85% Hound 15% Arya

Who bullied the bully Joffrey? Who got the blacksmiths kid and Lady killed, Arya

Who made innumerable attempts to leave KL and kept herself alive when those attempts were thwarted? Who got kidnapped by a NW member and led to safety?

Who secured passage across the Narrow Sea, searched out the Faceless Men, discarded all of her worldly possessions except Needle, killed a NW deserter and warged into a cat and bitch-slapped the Kindly Man? Who took the only option she had beyond death?

Really not sure what the big difference between the two, between one of them got their big break earlier.

NW guy saves offers Arya a way out of KL, she takes it

Dontos offers Sansa a way out of KL, this way is far sketchier than Arya's cleancut exit, she takes it

Then Arya is set on a path, she saves Jaqen which as you put it before anyone who isn't a socio-path would of done.

Awesome post is awesome. I'm out of likes today or I'd give you one. The two sisters are actually having parallel story arcs and I'm surprised at how many people don't see that.

Not with the hairnet, it would only mean she act like most if not all of the woman of Westerous, she needs a different weapon like Danny has her Dragons, Sansa needs something also, and to me thats her ability to talk to and convince people to do her bidding so I rather she manipulate the guy and ruin him forever or manipulate someone else into killing him.

This is where we see her grow not the poison hairnet, that would only make others think she did do in to Joffery

I agree with you. She is one of the few POVs that hasn't killed anyone. I hope it stays that way. I'd be fine if she never causes his death, just sets things up so he is removed from power or brought to justice in some form.

"The Lannisters were an old family, tracing their descent back to Lann the Clever, a trickster from the Age of Heroes who was no doubt as legendary as Bran the Builder, though far more beloved of singers and taletellers. In songs, Lann was the fellow who winkled the Casterlys out of Casterly Rock with no weapons buts his wits, and stole gold from the sun to brighten his curly hair. Ned wished he were here now, to winkle truth out of this damnable book."

I know this tastes of crackpot, but I reread this chapter and it really struck me. This passage made me think that Littlefinger will not only live to the end of the series, but will become extremely powerful. There are many correlations between him and Lann the Trickster, and the gold to silver switch could illustrate the passing of the Age of heroes, and presence of the Age of Men. it would definitely add to the bittersweetness of the ending GRRM has promised. Maybe I'm crazy, but imagine if I were right? I'd to a victory dance for three days.

There is some truth to that, but to say she has been entirely at the mercy of others and has not taken control over her life is inaccurate. How did she escape Harrenhal? That was all Arya. Who planned Weasel Soup? Arya. Who tickled the Tickler? Arya. Who bullied the bully Joff? Arya. Who made innumerable attempts to leave KL and kept herself alive when those attempts were thwarted? Arya. Who secured passage across the Narrow Sea, searched out the Faceless Men, discarded all of her worldly possessions except Needle, killed a NW deserter and warged into a cat and bitch-slapped the Kindly Man? Arya, Arya, Arya, Arya, Arya. Yea, a lot of what has happened to her has been against her will, but she has been VERY active.

And highly unrealistic, plus who saved her from being Frey Fodder?, Sansa's Hound.

Arrya got a lot of protection that wasn't accessible to Sansa, Sansa had two fairly decent ones, the night of the BBW with a drunken Clegane but at that time Stannis was knocking on the door of KL and she felt it was a wiser move to stay then go with a drunk Sandor ( wise move for her age ) not knowing if he could safely get her out, and if he did manage she might have died up North where a lot of not so good things happened.

The 2nd choice was still in play with Dontos, and not being a Greenseer she could not tell that it was LF who arranged it, yet she took it, and despite her being with a scum bag at least at the moment she is free from physical abuse.

She knows things now of LF and once she has sometime to put more things together it should be bad for Baleish.

"The Lannisters were an old family, tracing their descent back to Lann the Clever, a trickster from the Age of Heroes who was no doubt as legendary as Bran the Builder, though far more beloved of singers and taletellers. In songs, Lann was the fellow who winkled the Casterlys out of Casterly Rock with no weapons buts his wits, and stole gold from the sun to brighten his curly hair. Ned wished he were here now, to winkle truth out of this damnable book."

I know this tastes of crackpot, but I reread this chapter and it really struck me. This passage made me think that Littlefinger will not only live to the end of the series, but will become extremely powerful. There are many correlations between him and Lann the Trickster, and the gold to silver switch could illustrate the passing of the Age of heroes, and presence of the Age of Men. it would definitely add to the bittersweetness of the ending GRRM has promised. Maybe I'm crazy, but imagine if I were right? I'd to a victory dance for three days.

Do you really think that GRRM would make Sansa "figure out" who killed Arryn if it isn't meant to be plot move to get Sansa seek revenge on LF? That doesn't make any sense. LF is doomed.

Since my first read, I've had a bad feeling about just that. Jamie even thinks to himself that Littlefinger would make the perfect Hand. Nobody sees LF for what he is. I doubt Varys ends up with much of a clue, since LF does his best work well out of the reach of his "little birds".

I think Sweet Petyr will be with us until the bittersweet in.

Since my first read, I've had a bad feeling about just that. Jamie even thinks to himself that Littlefinger would make the perfect Hand. Nobody sees LF for what he is. I doubt Varys ends up with much of a clue, since LF does his best work well out of the reach of his "little birds".

Littlefinger reminds me of Bloodraven. Just a little too intelligent. Always landing on his feet.

And now for the rest of my theory...

In the end it will come down to Sansa killing Littlefinger or totally submitting herself to him. He will never let her go.

Even if he does marry her to the heir, Petyr is going to be the one to "deflower" her, like it or not. So, Sansa needs to get a clue and quickly if she means to be anything other than LFs plaything for the rest of her life and this story.

I dream of the day that Sansa's true Starkness comes shining through but I'm not holding my breath. She's too much like Catelyn I'm afraid.( who never saw Petyr's lie even after Jamie confirmed Tyrion's story.)

I'm hoping Sansa will break free of Littlefinger on her own and not have it be "someone else's " plan for her but it may be to early in her "growth" for that.

Hence, Shaddrick has made it to the Vale and he'll be the one to plot her next escape. Let's hope he doesn't include Lynn Corbray, right? That'd be Sansa luck.

Then she'll have to make the choice.

Stay and be Littlefinger's whore or run for her life and hope for the best.

I think she has enough Stark still left to flee again, like the first night she went to the Gods Wood in KL. She took her knife with her because it would be better for her to die than let them hurt her again. Hopefully hanging out with Randa will teach her some street smarts and she can finally put things together and decide on her own it's time to go.

That doesn't necessarily mean she would succeed.

LF is Sansa's weakness. He kissed her while they were building that snow castle despite the fact that servants, Lysa, and Maester Coleman had been watching. That's the first mistake that we see him make in the entire series. As a result, he ends up having to kill Lysa earlier than he had planned, putting them in a much more precarious position that he wanted. He ends up having to work harder to secure his position in the Vale than if Lysa had been left alive for another year or so.

In the final chapter of Feast, LF has alcohol on his breath instead of his usual mint. That's the first hint in the series we've had of him drinking, he's usually very controlled. Plus, he has Sansa sit on his lap and repeatedly gives her long kisses. He's doing this in a place that is not their home and that they could easily be walked in on. The guy is making mistakes and they are all because of Sansa.

You are correct about no one figuring out who LF really is except for one person - Sansa. She's noticed the difference between Petyr and LF, she is figuring out his schemes, she has said that she doesn't trust him, she's lied to him. and she is keeping secrets from him. Sansa has a better understanding of LF than anyone does at this point. She would leave him but she also realizes that she has no place to go and no one she can trust to help get her there safely.

I may not know how but I am absolutely confident that Sansa is going to be the one that leads to his downfall.

Archived