Prophecy: Sansa Kills Littlefinger

Devala

I would find it interesting if Sansa was the one to get LF down.

By kilning him or by playing the game (exposing his plots and bringing the Vale lords on is head). One or both wold work for me.

But to me it would be most satisfying if LF were to meet UnCat.

Somehow, I don't think that "the only women he loved" would be happy about him creeping on her daughter, getting Lysa to write that letter (Sansa may not understand it yet but it's responsible fr a lot of suffering) and for killing her husband.

Yes, UnCat would have a lot of things to "discus" with LF.

Really the worst position you could of possibly took to support your argument.

How did she escape Harrenhal? 30% Arya 70% Jaqen

No, that as 100% Arya.

You are thinking of the show. In the show Jaqen kills the guards.

In the book Arya takes a map from Boton's room, organizes Hot Pie (take food) and Gendry (get swords), orders the stable-boys to prepare 3 swift hunting horses and tricks and kills a guard.

Who planned Weasel Soup? 1% Aryra 99% Jaqen

Who made Jaqen plan the Weasel Soup? 100% Arya

He only "owned" her on more death.

She "named" him (she risked getting killed for that) and the offered to unnamed him if he did what she wants.

Who tickled the Tickler? 85% Hound 15% Arya

How did you figure that?

Tickler was ignoring her and had his back uncovered, she surprised him and turned him into shish kabob.

Not Hound.

Who bullied the bully Joffrey? Who got the blacksmiths kid and Lady killed, Arya

Oh, please.

First get you facts straight.

The only "kid" we have connected to a blacksmith is Gendry. And last I looked he's still alive.

The boy who was murdered by the Hound was named Mycah.

If his name is unimportant and only his function counts then he was a "butcher's boy".

He was killed by the cruel Queen and the Hound who serves her.

Lady was killed because King Bob was week, Queen was vindictive and petty, Ned folded and in part because Sansa failed to tell the truth.

If she said Arya's confession was true Lady might have been o.k.

Who made innumerable attempts to leave KL and kept herself alive when those attempts were thwarted? Who got kidnapped by a NW member and led to safety?

Who escaped the Red Keep, who kept herself alive and safe in KL, who took care of herself on King's road, who fought Amory Lorch's men? Arya

Who secured passage across the Narrow Sea, searched out the Faceless Men, discarded all of her worldly possessions except Needle, killed a NW deserter and warged into a cat and bitch-slapped the Kindly Man? Who took the only option she had beyond death?

You should read Arya's Braavos chapters again.

Kindly Man and FM make Arya countless offers.

To get her back to 7K, to find he a rich husband, to find her a young but prosperous boy, to give her back to life of Cat of the Canal, to have her traind as courtesan . . .

She had many options but choose FM.

Then Arya is set on a path, she saves Jaqen which as you put it before anyone who isn't a socio-path would of done.

There's just a wee bit of difference.

Sansa i kind to a boy / Hound / whoever. It's not putting her life in jeopardy.

Arya went into burning barn. Barn described as hell.

She cold have died saving 3 men who she disliked and who frightened her.

If Jaqen turned up at KL and offered Sansa three lives, she probably would of used them more wisely.

Ah, yes.

Because when they are bored FM go "I know! I'll go find a random Stark girl and offer to kill people for her! Just for giggles!"

Jaqen made the offer because she saved 3 from the fire.

He didn't made the offer just because he had nothing better to do.

Do you think Sansa would have run into a inferno to save 2 scums from the black cells?

What if the giant isn't LF at all? For example, Tyrion is referred to as a giant throughout the books, and even says in ACOK that he "will not savage her [sansa]". He is personally linked to her as well, unlike UnGregor, who is another candidate, (I don't think it's him at all).

Also LF takes on a mockingbird as his sigil. He goes by a mockingbird and everyone else acknowledges this. Why link him to the Titan he has completely distanced himself from? Can we even be sure Titan and Giant mean the same thing? They seem to be separate things in ASoIaF. Why not say "the maid will slay a manipulative mockingbird"? Why savage giant? LF is neither referred to as savage or a giant.

I think it will be funny if, after all this speculating, it was Sweetrobin's doll all along. :lmao:

Regardless of who the giant is (LF, Tyrion, Sweetrobin's doll) I don't want to see Sansa become a murderer. I think it would be damaging to the character.

What if the giant isn't LF at all? For example, Tyrion is referred to as a giant throughout the books, and even says in ACOK that he "will not savage her [sansa]". He is personally linked to her as well, unlike UnGregor, who is another candidate, (I don't think it's him at all).

Also LF takes on a mockingbird as his sigil. He goes by a mockingbird and everyone else acknowledges this. Why link him to the Titan he has completely distanced himself from? Can we even be sure Titan and Giant mean the same thing? They seem to be separate things in ASoIaF. Why not say "the maid will slay a manipulative mockingbird"? Why savage giant? LF is neither referred to as savage or a giant.

I think it will be funny if, after all this speculating, it was Sweetrobin's doll all along. :lmao:

Regardless of who the giant is (LF, Tyrion, Sweetrobin's doll) I don't want to see Sansa become a murderer. I think it would be damaging to the character.

I suppose it could be Tyrion. But I think Sansa is less likely to destroy him than she is to destroy LF. As time goes on, I think she's beginning to dislike Tyrion less and less. Maybe she's even starting to like him. I hope so anyway. I like to see my favorite characters getting along.

I think that it would be better if it was LF anyway since Sansa is around him almost 24/7. She could easily find out and maybe foil his plans.

I don't want Sansa to become a murderer either. And I don't think she will. :)

I think Sansa's arc is quite clear. She's never going to be a warrior clearly and until now she's been a passenger but look at the people she's been exposed to.....littlefinger, cersei, tyrion. All people who fight with their brains rather than bodies. Sansa has been learning the game from the off and that'll be her weapon.

I've also considered this, what with the number of times that Tyrion is referred to as a "giant". I think a lot of us assume it's LF because it makes more immediate sense and would be poetic justice, but I wouldn't put it past GRRM to turn things around somehow.

Or, it could indeed be SR's doll, and all this speculation could be for naught. :stillsick:

I think Sansa's arc is quite clear. She's never going to be a warrior clearly and until now she's been a passenger but look at the people she's been exposed to.....littlefinger, cersei, tyrion. All people who fight with their brains rather than bodies. Sansa has been learning the game from the off and that'll be her weapon.

Agreed! Arya's the one who's spent the books surrounded by and learning from warriors and fighters: Syrio, Jaqen, the Hound, and now the FM. Not Sansa.

even says in ACOK that he "will not savage her [sansa]"

I dunno. If Tyrion had said that he vowed that he would never savage her, then I'm pretty sure he would have wound up savaging her at some point; you have to be careful when any character in these books promises they'll "never" do something (see also Cat and Brienne's vows to each other in ACOK). As is, though, I don't think it's much to go on.

Sweetrobin's doll fits much better to me as fulfilling the prophecy than any other possible explanation, to me, partly because I don't see Sansa slaying anyone or anything (if we're speaking about Robert Strong) anytime soon, and also partly because everything else referred to in that ASOS prophecy had already occurred by the end of ASOS.

In general, maybe I am being foolish...

I just can't see Sansa getting rid of him in a premeditated fashion.

Not foolish at all. Sansa has always recoiled from violence and killing and is particularly horrified by murder. She was thrilled that Joffrey died when she believed it was an accident, but she was appalled when she learned that he was murdered and that she was an unwitting participant in that murder.

It doesn't mean that she won't play a role--either consciously or unconsciously (passively)--in Littlefinger's downfall, just that I don't see her cooking up a scheme to murder him and carrying it out. It's not her style, and thank God for that.

The only thing Littlefinger clearly wants is Catelyn, and Sansa seems to be in a unique position to take advantage of that sole weakness.

Agreed. GRRM has set it up so that Sansa is the only chink in Littlefinger's armour.

Sweetrobin's doll fits much better to me as fulfilling the prophecy than any other possible explanation, to me, partly because I don't see Sansa slaying anyone or anything (if we're speaking about Robert Strong) anytime soon, and also partly because everything else referred to in that ASOS prophecy had already occurred by the end of ASOS.

Well, true enough.

It could simply be :

" I dreamt of a maid at a feast, with purple serpents in her hair, venom dripping from their fangs." - Purple wedding

"And later I dreamt that maid again, slaying a savage giant in a castle built of snow." - And after PW the maid will escape and I see her playing in the snow.

Still, I hope it have a deeper meaning. And that Sansa will "slay" LF in the "'slayer of lies" way.

• 3 months later...

KittensRuleBeetsDrool wrote:

Then the "stupid little girl" in her "courtesy armor" is going to be as deadly as Dany with her dragons. She is going to bring Littlefinger down somehow - maybe not kill him, but perhaps strip him of all his power, expose him for who he is, and get him sent to the Wall or the Quiet Isle. Petyr will be the "stone giant" she kills (or disgraces), maybe after using him to get Winterfell back.

I so, SO hope GRRM will put this in the very next book. We can nickname the arc "Petyr and the Wolf."

I don't like the idea of Sansa sitting close-to-useless for five books and then suddenly becoming the massive player in the Game. She learned all she knows about the Game from Littlefinger and the last thing we need is a Littlefinger 2.0. I love Sansa but her experiences pale in comparison with a lot of others'.

To the OP: Yeah I hope she kills him. But I hope that's the only major role she plays. She can't play the game, she's a bad judge of character, she's still only a little girl after everything that's happened. She never takes initiative in her own life, but rather lets others do it for her.

• 10 months later...

I also just love that she has a "crappy attitude". This is the girl who could feel compassion with Margaery Tyrell when she was about to marry Joffrey, she feels for Sweetrobin, for the Hound, even for Tyrion. Yet apparently she has a "crappy attitude". I tend to think people must skim her chapters, or just skip them, or at least not read anything past her first chapter in AGOT.

Reread Sansa's reaction to Ser Hugh's death and tell me she doesn't have a crappy attitude. It's basically, he's nothing to her, she doesn't care about him dying, his life and death are meaningless - oh but now they'll never sing songs of him - THAT sure is sad. THAT, she can sympathize with.

She's not a good kid. She's certainly no Stark.

The only thing Sansa did wrong was tell on her father.

Now.

She could not have had ANY clues on the consequences of her actions; as far as she knew, the Queen was sweet, Joff was her lovely prince, and everything was fine. Ned gave her no clues of the Game or anything....

Totally agree.It is the only ACT that could be criticized.

Remember that she is in captivity. And she has done exactly what it takes to stay alive, even give up her virginity to her captor (which Tyron it is noble is irrelevant).

Only few characters in the books have resisted their captors, as Arya and Jaime. But they were smart enough to cooperate with them.

But the vast majority of prisoners have followed the wishes of their captors, as Cersei, Tyron, Donella, Theon...

And if she had done some act of rebellion, she had obtained death or cell. And in either of those two, it would be at the complete mercy or Joffrey, and nobody would say otherwise.

Archived