Who's the most naive character?

Jon Wolfwalker

But seriously, QOT was a really bracing character to read about, how she leapt off the page like an out-of-place person in the series, almost like she alone has the mindset of a modern educated person, it really knocked me back when I first read it.

Yet she has to put on a farce in order to ask Sansa if Joffrey is a douchebag or not.

Couldn't she have just like, um, watched him for 5 minutes and figured that out?

Sansa is the most naive character, and also the most tragic. She stumbles through the first three books making the same mistake, that the World is like the songs true knights exist and justice always prevails. She operates under that assumption while she is handed blow after blow of cruel reality, yet still clings to it.

She may be learning near the end of Feast, but for the first three books Sansa 100% is the most naive.

If Olenna Tyrell was in Winterfell right about now, she would take Theon/Reek aside, serve him lemon cakes, have Moonboy sing "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" really loud, and ask him,

"So Reek, is it possible that this Ramsay fellow is a somewhat less than suitable bachelor for my granddaughter? I really need to know this, Reeky."

At the beginning of the series there are a ton of naive characters from Viserys to Sansa . . . after 5 books and massive treachery, the only naive character remaining is Queen Selyse. She actually is trusting Melisandre after the massive crushing defeat on Blackwater.

I still don't know why Selyse (edit) didn't ship Melisandre back to Asshai after that huge disaster. He lost so much it made it impossible for him to have a shot at the throne that is rightfully his.

Archived