Who's the most naive character?

Jon Wolfwalker

To me, Brienne and Ned are both honorable, but not naive. Their POVs show that they are often well aware that people they are dealing with are not trustworthy. Brienne never trusted her suitors at Highgarden, nor does she trust Dick Crabb (I'm still not sure his intentions were altogether pure, although his death was sad). She even thinks about Septon Meribald suspiciously for a moment, in terms of his knowledge of the back roads in the Riverlands, and how that would be helpful knowledge for an outlaw to have. Similarly, Ned knows the south is a den of snakes, he doesn't trust Cercei, and his big mistake - trusting Littlefinger - is predicated on the idea that this is a childhood friend of his beloved wife. However, Ned is just not capable of taking the actions that a less honorable person would to deal with those circumstances.

All the Stark children at least at the beginning. I just think Jon, Arya, and Bran get away with it more than Sansa because it is "boy stories" vs. Disney princesses. I think that Jon and Sansa is a pretty apt comparison - military histories vs. ballads. Jon continues to admire Daeron I even up to ADWD despite the fact that he was a reckless adventurer. Jon has a desire to die in battle saving the realm, which is similar to Sansa's desire to dance off into the realm and marry Prince Charming.

Sansa has my vote. So much has happened and she hasnt learned much. Tommen would be except he grew up under Joffrey's bullying and cruelty and his mother's manipulations. Ned at least knew he was an idiot and out of his league

I wouldn't say Ned was naive, just to honorable for his own good, if he'd had taken Renly's offer he and his family would probably still be alive now.

Most naive for me is definitely Sansa, although I do think she's learned now.. only took the slaughter of her family and being used as a verbal and physical punch bag to learn the worlds most definitely not like the songs..

Who are the most naive?

Sansa - She did spill the beans and ratted out her family's plans to sneak out of KL. Bottom line is, she's just incredibly dumb.

Maybe you can throw Ned on the list. It is hard to say with him. Theon is pretty dumb, but not really naive. Theon is really more of a fuckup rather than someone who lacked information.

I think is not fair to consider Children like Tommen or Sansa (in the first book) on the same level of adults or older guys.

for me the #1 pick is Quentyn,

#2 is Jon, he has been naive more then once in his life.

Many of you mentioned Ned, for me Ned was not Naive, he knew the risk but wanted to go through the storm his way, anyway.

Janos Slynt has been naive.

and Cersei, she is definitely naive.

At the beginning - Sansa. Hurts me to say it. Oh, and Ned, sad to say. I'm still wondering why he thought Cersei would listen to him.

At the end: Quentyn was kinda naive (Taming a dragon, really, Quentyn?). And Cersei. Really, what she did and didn't do in AFFC still surprises me.

Plus, the Freys. They are naive. Winter is coming and the North Remembers, bitches!

In my humble opinion, Sansa still belongs on that list though.

I can't say you are wrong, I've only got the impression that she went throgh too many things.. She MUST have learned something.

Reading her last chapters I just had the feeling the she was a little bit different.

Merrett Frey

everything he dose is naive catching a pox, getting branded with the fawn, you could argue he was naive in battle getting the mace to the head. Trying to get the great Jon drunk drink for drink, getting himself hanged and thinking it would have gotten his fathers respect. For such a bit part character that is a long list of mistakes.

Archived