Who's the most naive character?

Jon Wolfwalker

Daenerys seems to believe she can't get sick or catch on fire so...

Close second is Victarion;

The silver queen is gone,” the ketch’s master told him. “She flew away upon her dragon, beyond the Dothraki sea.”

“Where is this Dothraki sea?” he demanded. “I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be.”

The fisherman laughed aloud. “That would be a sight worth seeing. The Dothraki sea is made of grass, fool.

I don't really think Ned was naive, he was just way too damn honourable for his own good. He did stupid things to protect his honour. Not really naive though, he knew what was going on.

Viserys. Expecting a bunch of Dothraki to bow to you...well we know how that turned out.

Daenerys seems to believe she can't get sick or catch on fire so...

Close second is Victarion;

The silver queen is gone,” the ketch’s master told him. “She flew away upon her dragon, beyond the Dothraki sea.”

“Where is this Dothraki sea?” he demanded. “I will sail the Iron Fleet across it and find the queen wherever she may be.”

The fisherman laughed aloud. “That would be a sight worth seeing. The Dothraki sea is made of grass, fool.

What if Daenerys gets roasted by one of her dragons, thinking she can't catch fire? Gosh that would be funny to read.

I think Jon was fairly naive in the beginning, but his time with the wildlings began to change that and then afterwards he began to understand that not everything is so simple and black and white.

I think Jon was fairly naive in the beginning, but his time with the wildlings began to change that and then afterwards he began to understand that not everything is so simple and black and white.

It seems to me he is still a little short on it.... maybe in WoW!

It seems to me he is still a little short on it.... maybe in WoW!

I agree, but I also think he is showing some growth and he is certainly learning. "Ed, fetch me a block" was such a great character-defining moment for me.

He was not ready for all he had to bear, he was surely getting better, but better is often not enough. (expecially in ASoIaF)

I hope he will have another possibility, the Kid has potential.

He was not ready for all he had to bear, he was surely getting better, but better is often not enough. (expecially in ASoIaF)

I hope he will have another possibility, the Kid has potential.

He was threatening the neutrality of the Nights Watch when he wanted to march to House Bolton. He didn't understand that the Wildlings were the people the Nights Watch had fought all the time, and that making a Wildling Master-at-Arms wouldn't help increase his popularity. I think Jon did well with the Wildlings, but he ignored the fact that the rest of the Nights Watch might not think the same as he did. He should have known.

He was threatening the neutrality of the Nights Watch when he wanted to march to House Bolton. He didn't understand that the Wildlings were the people the Nights Watch had fought all the time, and that making a Wildling Master-at-Arms wouldn't help increase his popularity. I think Jon did well with the Wildlings, but he ignored the fact that the rest of the Nights Watch might not think the same as he did. He should have known.

Maybe he knew but decided to do what he tought was right. and I think he was right. it riminds me vaguely of Ned... don't you think?

Yes he threatened the neutrality of the nights watch but he did it for a very good reason, he needed Stannis to win the north in order to heve his help against what lies beyond the wall. He refued Winterfell, that showed his loyalty to the NW, he had the best intentions but was not able to handle the situation. he needed Sam more then how he tought I guess.

Sansa, but she has started to get wiser and less naive.

I agree.She was quite naive in GOT just like Arya and Jon in their own way but as the book progresses she did get wiser and less naive

Reading her chapters in AFFC ,its like a totally different person.She is quite strong over here and even flirted with the hedge knights whom she find to be disgusting.Being Alayane definitely taught Sansa a lot.I hope she uses all of this when she becomes Sansa again,if she gets the chance.

I don't think that the whole NW want him dead. I would guess that less than a third is behind his assassination. His greatest mistake was underestimating Marsh, even the most stupid and craven person can kill you when he/she is desperate and people can be killed even if they are good leaders, Kevan was killed precisely because he was competent, but that is for another thread...

And yes Jon was rather naive when we first met him, and still is from time to time, but he is quick learner.

Dany, Sansa, Penny, Robert Baratheon, maybe Ned.

Hopefully Sansa will come out of it and become less of a bore now that she's with LF.

If Dany listens to Barristan instead of believing what her brother told her, she will no longer be one, I hope.

Ned though, his case is differrent. Yes, he was a very poor player and he trusted many people while he shouldn't have trusted even one of them. But he at least knew that his place is not in the south. He knew that his place is Winterfell but went south because of his king and his wife and maester's requests and warnings. Though he was an adult, not a child, so he may be just as naive as Sansa. His worst move which puts him in the stupid people's hall of fame is not listening to Arya when she told him of what she had heard of Varys and Illyrio.

Stannis thinks he's clever, but he mostly has to be told everything that matters by Davos and otherwise mostly does what Melisandre tells him to do, except the one time he definitely should have listened to her and therefore didn't. He supposedly was aware of the incest (big deal; Ned figured that out too), but he somehow convinced himself it was a better idea not to tell Robert, which makes him either an idiot or a coward. Or possibly both.

He has a ludicrous and completely unrealistic notion of justice (like, the kind of rigid version a five-year-old might concoct), one that he applies haphazardly in practice anyway (and of course never to himself), and he lets himself be led into Melisandre's cult like a dog on a leash.

Above all, he's completely incapable of understanding the people around him and why they don't like his annoying ass. So I'll probably be the only one to think he deserves to be mentioned here, but I'd say his laughable track record ought to speak for itself anyway.

Archived