Diana Rigg cast as Olenna Tyrell

Black Jack Bulwer

Highly surprised not to see a thread about this already.

...Am I really the first to bring this news to westeros.org?

According to the Daily Mail, Dianna Rigg will be playing our beloved Queen of Thorns.

"Diana Rigg, who will play Olenna Redwyne, aka Queen of Thorns (because of her sharp-tongue and prickliness), the wily grandmother of Margaery Tyrell in the third season of the highly popular drama series Game Of Thrones, which will start shooting next month. The actress will be a semi-regular character throughout the third series of the show, which is based on George R.R. Martin’s best-selling novels. Olenna is a powerful, domineering matriarch and queen, who’s a mistress of the art of manipulation."

http://www.dailymail...va-Forever.html

Well she definitely looks the part, but I don't think I've seen her in anything. I really hope this is the beginning of a lot of casting announcements. I'm sick of everything just being fan speculation from twitter. I want some concrete evidence, damn it!

I note DM -- not the most reputable of rags -- doesn't actually cite any sources, and could well just be copping rumors off of other sites and posting them as facts. They also have the start date of production wrong, since cameras are already rolling.

I note DM -- not the most reputable of rags -- doesn't actually cite any sources, and could well just be copping rumors off of other sites and posting them as facts. They also have the start date of production wrong, since cameras are already rolling.

Do you have any information about any roles cast like the Vargo Hoat one ?

No, but it DOES make it more likely if she's rumoured to be going there at this particular point in time.

Of course, that location is used for tv/movie shoots a lot, so who knows? - she could be doing stuff for Doctor Who she's also set to appear in?

Me, I'm hoping its legit, so naysayers be damned. :devil: The lady is a class act ...

think she was the bond girl in on her majesty's secret service, back in the 60s

Yeah she played Contessa Teresa di Vincenzo aka Tracy Draco aka Mrs James Bond.

I didn't give her any consideration, I confess I forgot about her until last week when I heard she is guest starring in the next series of Doctor Who, however I reckon she'll play her really well.

This is great news! :)

I read rumors about her casting on WiC, and I thought she would be perfect for the role.

I just went over to EW.com, and they're saying " updates to come " . I'm really looking forward to some more casting news, especially who gets the part of Mance.

I'm not familiar with her work but her onsreen credits and stage career seems pretty impressive

Then I'd say you must be quite young :) Back in the 60's as Mrs Emma Peel in The Avengers, she totally rocked TV screens as a super-awesome and very classy fighting lady, with the most amazing outfits.

Archived