How come Tyrion doesnt have any bastards?

KingHodor

We don't know if he has bastards or not, do we? It's conceivable (ha!) that the prostitute in question had the child and didn't say anymore about it. I cannot imagine Tywin would be too pleased to know that Tyrion had a bastard with a prostitute, so maybe she kept it underwraps. Perhaps all the prostitutes dutifully remembered to drink their moon tea. Who knows?

What so you think Lord Tywin would do if some whore came forward to claim their bastard was Tyrion's? I don't think it would go over well for the mother or the child. I believe if any woman did get pregnant by him, she would either be smart enough not to claim it, or stupid enough to try to get something out of it and never be heard from again.

This is an ugly thought that makes me ashamed of myself to think it, but I wonder if the prostitutes would be extra diligent to drink the moon tea after sleeping with someone with a deformity ? (A Westerosi opinion of someone who is deformed, certainly not my own ).

I thought of that as well. In addition to any who might have forgotten and bore a dwarf (from Penny's parentage it seems to be genetic though there are a few causes of dwarfism I don't know how all are passed down). I need my copy of the first book back to check out what Tyrion tells Jon when Jon asks him why he reads so much (before they get to the Wall.) I just watched the episode again the other day and Tyrion tells him "it's lucky I was born a Lannister." But he suggests being born a dwarf to a whore or a fishwife would have seen him with a much shorter lifespan. If Tyrion did get a whore pregnant and she bore a dwarf, knowing what we seem to about Tyrion's preferences (young... so likely small) the mother was likely to be "torn" and bleed out like his own mother. Going out on a limb here, a newborn infant dwarf might not have very good survival chances. And if the mother did survive the birth, well she'd be poor and the child wouldn't have great prospects for the future...

(Penny's mother survived bearing two dwarfs, but she may have had wider hips. Even Tyrion's mother who naturally bore twins was torn apart birthing him for the size of his head.)

ETA: also, isn't there Tansy tea as well which causes a miscarriage? Moon tea seems to prevent pregnancy (I'd assume by preventing implantation) but What Lysa had seemed to be something different. She KNEW she was pregnant. It wasn't that she had sex and thought it a possibility. She was good and pregnant and attached to the idea.

How would they know it was his child until they gave birth to it? The only one really in that position would have been Shae. Not to mention that genetic abnormalities that cause the various forms of dwarfism aren't always passed on to children. There could be a little super smart Jaime running around and no one would know it was Tyrion's bastard.

Archived