Has Martin ever remarked about Dany?

total1402

I remember hearing that he recently called Victarion a dumbass or words to those effect. Has he ever said anything about Dany that anyone can quote that'd be insightful for her arc?

That she's a thirteen year old girl, at one stage, if I recall correctly, in response to criticism of her actions.

I remember hearing that he recently called Victarion a dumbass or words to those effect. Has he ever said anything about Dany that anyone can quote that'd be insightful for her arc?

He's called her hot before too. Don't recall the exact quote though. And that her wedding night with Drogo was supposed to be romantic.

And that her wedding night with Drogo was supposed to be romantic.

That he thinks she's the "hottest" and he'd like to take her out to dinner.

He also finds her relationship with Drogo romantic. :ack:

Edit: ninja'ed by a furry candy bar.

I've got to say, as much as I love the books and I think GRRM is a cool dude, some of the stuff he says creeps me out a bit.

I mean he thinks a 13 year old girl (she's a tad older now) is the hottest character? And he'd like to take her out to dinner? Forgetting the fact she's fictional, that's kinda weird. :shocked:

However saying that her and Drogo are meant to be romantic really takes the cake. :ack:

So yeah OP, he's said stuff about her, most of it weird/creepy.

I've got to say, as much as I love the books and I think GRRM is a cool dude, some of the stuff he says creeps me out a bit.

I mean he thinks a 13 year old girl (she's a tad older now) is the hottest character? And he'd like to take her out to dinner? Forgetting the fact she's fictional, that's kinda weird. :shocked:

However saying that her and Drogo are meant to be romantic really takes the cake. :ack:

Someone reporting from the latest bookreading of a Victarrion chapter remarked how creepy it was to have Martin read out Victarrion's escapades with the Dusky Woman to a live audience.

I can only imagine...

That was in an interview for GoT. I'm pretty sure he was talking about 'Emilia Clarke/Daenerys'.

He's called her hot before too. Don't recall the exact quote though. And that her wedding night with Drogo was supposed to be romantic.

It was... :uhoh:

(I'm just rereading the books and I just read that chapter on the way home on the subway. No matter how much I try I don't see how that whole scene was not romantic. Well, call me a retard please. I'm having a great day, you can call me anything now)

So we can forget the fact that she is fictional, but not the fact that she is 13? Yeah, that sounds like fair play... :uhoh:

By the way, that is just the thing you must get over. The stuff is set in medieval times, a 23 year old Daenerys wedding Khal Drogo would look incredibly unrealistic and ridiculous... 13 is hard for us to stomach because we are used to women being single and still at school even after 25. Different times, different customs...

:agree:

I don't have a problem with Dany and Drogo's wedding night... I don't know if I'd call it romantic, but that's because I'm not romantic. Yeah, she was afraid, and her brother sold her to a savage, she was scared and alone watching all that brutality of the Dothraki feast. I know. But I like it when they ride off, and I think it was a kind of magical night.

Well, I happen to agree with Braavosi Sealady above me. But the previous :agree: was meant for RhaenysBalerion's post.

:)

Have you guys read the, "What character do you want to have sex with?" threads on here? They make GRRM seem like Peter Perfect. I mean folks lusting over Arya, Podrick Payne and Tommen i.e. the Sandusky squad. There are some sickos in this fanbase . . .

Someone reporting from the latest bookreading of a Victarrion chapter remarked how creepy it was to have Martin read out Victarrion's escapades with the Dusky Woman to a live audience.

I can only imagine...

I think anyone reading that would be creepy. Yeech.

Also, Martin has said the relationship between Dany/Drogo was supposed to be a love story.

That he set up Cersei and Dany in Feast and Dance so that we could see the different ways that women rule.

I guess the way that women rule is....badly? Was kinda disappointed about that.

It was... :uhoh:

(I'm just rereading the books and I just read that chapter on the way home on the subway. No matter how much I try I don't see how that whole scene was not romantic. Well, call me a retard please. I'm having a great day, you can call me anything now)

So we can forget the fact that she is fictional, but not the fact that she is 13? Yeah, that sounds like fair play... :uhoh:

By the way, that is just the thing you must get over. The stuff is set in medieval times, a 23 year old Daenerys wedding Khal Drogo would look incredibly unrealistic and ridiculous... 13 is hard for us to stomach because we are used to women being single and still at school even after 25. Different times, different customs...

I have a huge problem with the over 30 Natalie Dormer playing the 16 year old Maggie Tyrell but that is another issue.

:cool4:

:agree:

I don't have a problem with Dany and Drogo's wedding night... I don't know if I'd call it romantic, but that's because I'm not romantic. Yeah, she was afraid, and her brother sold her to a savage, she was scared and alone watching all that brutality of the Dothraki feast. I know. But I like it when they ride off, and I think it was a kind of magical night.

Well, I happen to agree with Braavosi Sealady above me. But the previous :agree: was meant for RhaenysBalerion's post.

:)

Hahaha! Finally someone on this forum who agrees that Drogo and Dany's wedding night was pretty nice.

Well actually, forgetting she is fictional part was because its even weirder that he's referring to his own fictional character that way, not because it makes it less creepy.

I can get over it in ASOIAF because that's when its set. What I can't get over is GRRM stating he finds her hot in MODERN times, that's weird/creepy. Obviously if he was referring to Emilia Clarke, that is a different story.

Lets all agree to keep this thread open. K? K.

I never objected to that

I have a huge problem with the over 30 Natalie Dormer playing the 16 year old Maggie Tyrell but that is another issue.

:cool4:

Yeah, that's the exact issue that 30 year old characters are weird and ridiculous in a story like this...

Archived