So this Dany/Ironborn rendezvous can't go well, right?

StannisBamfatheon

I actually have. She WAS in Essos, where actually Essos laws are observed, and accepted by WHOLE continent.

If someone during Rome age betray some slaver, he would be treated as a despicable traitor.

You dont know what objective means do you? I can simply claim that Astapori laws are inferior to my XXI century morality, so... everything Daeny did to the Slavers was rightheous and moral.

This statement has just as much validity (none) than every single thing you said until now. The moment you claimed I cant judge morality based on my XXI century views you have to give up any objective claim of morality by anyone, including the Astapori (unless you want be contradictory as well)...

And Nazi argument is ridiculous, their laws are accepted only by themselves, not by whole continent.

Oh, in 1941-1942 "by themselves" was about synonimous with "whole continent", in this case Europe, which they had conquered for the most part (and it's not like everybody in Essos is cheering the slavers, besides Braavos there are also the victims like the people from Naath and the Lamb people).

By the way, The nazis who were killed after WWII were tried in front of a jury, so was Dahmer.

Didn't you guys establish that killing someone is always wrong? Since nazis and Dahmer are also people, killing them is wrong then too, doesn't matter it was in front of a jury. I mean, you guys were dead set against death penalties wasn't it? Or only if Dany uses them?

I actually have. She WAS in Essos, where actually Essos laws are observed, and accepted by WHOLE continent.

If someone during Rome age betray some slaver, he would be treated as a despicable traitor.

And Nazi argument is ridiculous, their laws are accepted only by themselves, not by whole continent.

And Astapori law was only recgonized by the slave cities, much of the rest of the world hates slavery. And why does being acepted by an entire continent makes a law "more right" than one thats only acepted by 1 country?

You dont know what objective means do you? I can simply claim that Astapori laws are inferior to my XXI century morality, so... everything Daeny did to the Slavers was rightheous and moral.

This statement has just as much validity (none) than every single thing you said until now. The moment you claimed I cant judge morality based on my XXI century views you have to give up any objective claim of morality by anyone, including the Astapori (unless you want be contradictory as well)...

Then I can say that what Walder Frey did is good, because is my morality.

In such statements discussion does not make any sense.

And I said you can't judge by XXI standard morality, because it's obvious we should judge by Westeros universum actually laws...

And Astapori law was only recgonized by the slave cities, much of the rest of the world hates slavery. And why does being acepted by an entire continent makes a law "more right" than one thats only acepted by 1 country?

Then every law considered rightful by ONZ in nowadays is equally with every law recognized by some tribals people in Africa or anywhere? It makes sense!

8 of 9 Free Cities (Well, Pentos unofficially) respect slavery, Ironborns respect slavery, Dothraki respect slavery... yeah, rest of the world hates it.

I know - a meeting of Danaerys with Victarion has such potential for black comedy. Especially if Barristan is there, and double it if Daario is there.

Victarion will show up, tell Dany the equivalent "You're my bitch now!" (Polite? That is him being polite.)

Shavepate will just advise "kill them all" - like always. Strong Belwas ? Well, he and Barristan will both want to fight for Dany's honour, but the real fight will be between pretty-boy Daario and Big Vic, over mating rights like it was some wilderness show. You can be certain that Daario will be the first to issue the challenge to the "ugly westerosi barbarian".

After Victarion has brutally killed him, he'll make his ... "offer of marriage" again, and carry her off like a salt wife, with Unsullied, Barristan, and Belwas in tow (and a certain dwarf). She'll only half mind, especially once that dragon horn is blown and she and her dragons become compliant.

The Dothraki horde nearby will just shrug and say "funny boat-going man was at least a man." Then, between them and the Ironborn, and the dragons, the cities of Slaver's Bay get sacked and burned so completely it makes the end of Carthage look like a mere chastisement.

Mereen and the rest of Slaver's Bay will go "WTF, this is really how it ends? Who knew ?"

Yeah.....no.

Then I can say that Walder Frey did is good, because is my morality.

You can say such things, but it also says something about your morality to the people you're addressing (if you would seriously be arguing it).

The difference is, we do mean it (that the slavers deserved what they got) and you aren't serious that what the Freys did is good. Because you do know the latter position is not really defendable.

Then I can say that Walder Frey did is good, because is my morality.

In such statements discussion does not make any sense.

And I said you can't judge by XXI standard morality, because it's obvious we should judge by Westeros universum actually laws...

Why should we judge by westeros laws instead of our own? Westeros morality/laws are terrible and far inferioir to our own.I have no problem with judging Westeros AND Essos by XXIc laws/morality, you are the one who claimed im not allowed to do that.

Then every law considered rightful by ONZ in nowadays is equally with every law recognized by some tribals people in Africa or anywhere? It makes sense!

I agree, moral relativism is absurd and ridiculous, but YOU are the one who said i cant judge Essos by my XXIc morality. YOU are the one who said I can only judge Essos (Astapor) by their own rules. I hope you realize now how silly that notion is, if we do that we cant judge anything as right or wrong anymore...

Westeros.org ... a wretched hive of scum and villainy, apparently.

Defending the "property rights" of child-mutilating slaver scum. Wow. I wish you lot could see yourselves the way decent and rational people see you.

Incidentally, my signature is ringing more truly than ever. Sociopaths, psychopaths ... and moral relativists, indeed.

Because Westeros isn't XXIc Earth...

And why shuld that stop us? I dont think even YOU understand your own reasoning. If you make that claim you have no right to be angry at Walder Frey for what he did, after all he was just defending his daugthers honor....

If you make that claim you have no right to be angry at Walder Frey for what he did

I would say so, considering Kanon's reasoning. Actually, I have claim to be angry at Walder, cuz he didn't keep Westerosi laws.

Betrayal is always bad, because It will never be accepted by anyone, but traitors.

I would say so, considering Kanon's reasoning. Actually, I have claim to be angry at Walder, cuz he didn't keep Westerosi laws.

He killed a treacherous, oathbreaking, dishonorable rebel who went against the rightfull rule of king Joffrey, how is that against the law of westeros?

Archived