So this Dany/Ironborn rendezvous can't go well, right?

StannisBamfatheon

Nothing. Any criticism of Dany will be turned into something about Stannis. Just, you know, because.

I haven't criticized Dany at all. But just because I hate child molesters doesn't mean I can break into their house and steal everything they own, and set fire to their beds as they sleep in them.

Yes, you're absolutely right. The actual point is not important, only the fact that Wikipedia offers an easy dismissal!

In fairness, the Nazis weren't nearly as bad as the slavers in this case, so it may be an unfair comparison. To the Nazis.

But after all, it's important to x, y, z and etc., who I will surely mistreat if I dare to judge or not care about anyone ever, that I must feel badly for these poor, mistreated slavers! Oh Dany, you cruel monster! How dare you do this evil deed?!!

A political party that murdered nearly six million innocent men, women and children aren't as bad as characters in a novel? Careful now, if you're going to go over the top with some ridiculous argument in an attempt to derail a minor point, don't make yourself look like a moron.

Interesting stance to take from someone who inferred a non-sequitur from "Dany acted dishonourably/badly" equals "the slaver's deserve sympathy, they're saints".

I have to be honest, this logic annoys me to no end. The idea that if I think Dany behaved dishonorably and stupidly, I must be a closet supporter of slavery and forced castration and abuse and puppy-killing.

True story — it's possible to think that Dany shat where she ate, and that slavery is bad and the Slaver's Bay comic book villains are evil.

A political party that murdered nearly six million innocent men, women and children aren't as bad as characters in a novel? Careful now, if you're going to go over the top with some ridiculous argument in an attempt to derail a minor point, don't make yourself look like a moron.

My thread jumped the shark before it even got into a body of water. She's going all out though this could be a great, incredible over the top Dany defense like none this board has ever seen. Go get em tiger!

Me? I always say Khmer Rouge.

^ I really have no idea of what to make about that dragon horn. I will say though that if it works the way it's supposed to, and does actually fall in Dany's lap, the people bitching about Jon getting Longclaw will be hereby invited to STFU immediately and forever.

The question is, would she allow anyone to blow it, or would she take a shot herself? (Sorry.) I can't imagine her being willing to sacrifice anyone. Probably get a miraculous "I am the blood of the dragon, fire can't hurt me etc etc" scene, where it turns out that only Valyrians can safely use it. Sigh.

[MOD]

Folks,

The personal remarks in this thread are over the top.

Direct your responses to the arguments, in accordance with the board rules - for those that need refresher they are linked in my sig - or face some time out.

Any more contraventions will result in suspensions and the closure of the thread.

[/MOD]

The question is, would she allow anyone to blow it, or would she take a shot herself? (Sorry.) I can't imagine her being willing to sacrifice anyone. Probably get a miraculous "I am the blood of the dragon, fire can't hurt me etc etc" scene, where it turns out that only Valyrians can safely use it. Sigh.

I don't think that will happen, but if it does, the book's getting heaved at the wall.

To the OP (so ignoring the fastest thread derailment ever):

What about the horn? I think that if it gets sound it will probably mean roasted Iron Fleet, so Vicky will be in the watery halls of the DG before the battle ends

Hah yeah sorry, I didn't even think I put any inflammatory language concerning Daenerys in the OP except her taste in men, but the thread got derailed anyway. One of the few theories I had was a certain horn mix up would go down and that Euron's dragon horn would actually be the horn of jorramund and bring down the wall. But I made a thread about it and it kinda got shot down so I gave it up. If there's a power struggle over the dragons though that would be incredible, like what if victarion manages to control Viserion or something and takes just him back to Westeros. Could be interesting or at the very least lead to a few more classic Dany shouts of "MY DRAGONS!!!"

Ahah. Ahahahaha. Ahar! The thought of Dany blowing the horn, saying all her 'blood of the dragon' and 'rightful heir' BS will protect her, only to die suddenly amuses me to no end. Ahahahaha.

I wouldn't be laughing quite so much, to be honest :P I sat through Meereen ffs, girl better achieve something substantial/interesting.

Ahah. Ahahahaha. Ahar! The thought of Dany blowing the horn, saying all her 'blood of the dragon' and 'rightful heir' BS will protect her, only to die suddenly amuses me to no end. Ahahahaha.

hah. dany blows the horn and just keels over. That would be remarkably funny. Victarion just standing there looking at his captains or something..."so...uhh, wanna go back to pyke?"

*shakes head* This is kind of like one of those impossible questions...one of which I asked as an OP in a thread a few months ago, aka "where did Viserion and Rhaegal go?"

We're left with "oh, I dunno, there are infinite possibilities -- speculation isn't really helping". Well, this is an easier one (for me, at least).

What really annoys me about the "Dany situation" is her retainers, as someone else called them. It's the perfect word.

They're this motley crue of gelded men, one old, chivalrous knight, a stinky seneschal who wails like a cartoon character every time Dany holds council (even writing that makes me laugh) an ugly "Shavepate" who loves to torture people, a purple-haired buffoon who, for reasons unknown to the old gods and new, is irresistably attractive to Dany, and freed slaves. Forgive me if I forgot anyone. Oh, yeah, the treacherous Green Grace.

Maybe this is a bit off-topic, but why does Dany always trust or not trust people based on their looks? She trusted MMD because she felt this "plain, flat-nosed woman would not hurt her", she trusts the Green Grace because of her countenance and her "sad eyes" which she believes to be "full of wisdom", she distrusts Daario because of his treachery but also because of his appearance (she just knows his kisses would be hard and cruel, and she obsesses over the almost-purple eyes and that damn gold tooth). Then, when she says "promise me you'll never betray me, please" he says "never" and she says "okay!" and beds him. Oh, and let's not forget Ben Brown Plumm. Tyrion saw through him immediately -- the fake smile, the favorite nuncle routine (well, he is older than she is, and more seasoned in political intrigue, but personally I think it's what Syrio Forel used to say about "the true seeing", and Tyrion happened to see right that time)...

I guess even dragons can err sometimes, right? I'm talking about Dany's actual dragons. I always thought they protected her the same way the direwolves protected the Stark children, but this is turning out to be a very different animal-human relationship. Actually, someone should start a thread about that, if they haven't already.

Anyway, why talk of all the trust issues that Dany has? Because first of all, I *believe* that Dany doesn't know anything about ironborn. Or at least, I can't remember her ever mentioning them throughout the series.

So if she bases her trust of the ironborn based on looks, she'll probably think a) people from Westeros! and be joyful, like she was with Barristan. b.) Victarion is an imposing man. If he can get it together for one minute and manage to be polite to Dany, she'll probably trust him. She loves imposing, tall men like Drogo. c) she might think of the Iron Fleet arriving as the answer to her prayers -- if and when she gets back to Meereen.

And then there's option d) Dany does NOT trust them, but Vic, plotting with Moqorro, think up some plan to winkle Dany out of her pyramid and kidnap her, rape her, etc...

No clue how they're going to use that horn, though. Does anyone remember what Moqorro says about how it must be used to actually work?

what if victarion manages to control Viserion or something and takes just him back to Westeros.

Victarion riding a dragon to the sunset, wouldn't that be a sight!

I still think the poor moron will roast, a pitty, since he is the only ironborn I like. He is the Chuck Norris of Westeros

Archived