Is Quaithe Daenerys From The Future?

King Bolton 1990

Quaithe the masked woman who has been guiding Daenerys since very early on has no real backstory and no face. The fact that she helps Daenerys without wanting anything in return is not hard to understand if she knows that Daenerys is meant to save the world,but why wear a mask if not to disguise herself from people who already know her. Could it be possible that she is hiding the face of an older version of Daenerys behind that mask. It is not hard to point out that other people have predicted things that came true in this series but how does Quaithe know what happened in the temple of the undying ones,things that only Daenerys could know. I think there is a reason she wears that mask and an explanation to how she knows everything about Daenerys and what she has to do and where she has to go. She is Daenerys and she is guiding herself through events she has already experienced. Tell me what you think about this theory and if you think it works or doesn't work or feel free to add on if you agree.

I don't think so. I think Quaithe is described as having mismatched color eyes and Dany doesn't have that. I can't remember when this was mentioned, I think ADWD. I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

If Quaithe was Future Dany, wouldn't she have specific knowledge and warnings instead of cryptic and nigh-useless riddles?

Pretty much. Or she'd know, for example, that the Griffin (JonCon) and Mummer's dragon (Aegon) in fact never arrive at Meereen if she was from the future.

It seems Quaithe is mostly in the present, looking through a glass candle.

I don't think so. I think Quaithe is described as having mismatched color eyes and Dany doesn't have that. I can't remember when this was mentioned, I think ADWD. I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

Maybe it's Tyrion from the future!

If Quaithe was Future Dany, wouldn't she have specific knowledge and warnings instead of cryptic and nigh-useless riddles?

Maybe Dany from the future is so wise that she just thinks "oh, I'm pretty sure I'll get these. Why not make it more challenging"

anyway... no I don't think we can handle time-travel in ASOIAF. (I mean, I hope not)

That would be something, and I think the fact that she speaks in generalities instead of specifics, doesn't automatically disqualify the theory, because if she was so specific, Dany would pick up on it. And, realizing she was speaking with herself, could lead to a complete breakdown or just a lack of will to try anything.

If it was her from the future, wouldn't she just tell her what was going on instead of making things as vague and confusing as possible? I mean, Dany could have REEEEAAALLLYYY used some solid guidance at this point lol.

Have you ever known Dany to act with logic and expertise? Dany time-traveling back to tell present Dany useless things that make her waste lots of pages is the most Dany thing ever.

But to answer the question in the OP: No.

The point of Quaithe not telling Daenerys straight out where she has to go and what she has to do is that she has to pass through trials before she can reach her true destiny and possibly save the world but she cant do that without mental and pshyical hardening herself. Also for those of who do not like the idea of time travel in this series it is pretty much to late if you think of what Bran is up to looking back in time through the eyes of wierwoods and interacting with people in the past.

The point of Quaithe not telling Daenerys straight out where she has to go and what she has to do is that she has to pass through trials before she can reach her true destiny and possibly save the world but she cant do that without mental and pshyical hardening herself. Also for those of who do not like the idea of time travel in this series it is pretty much to late if you think of what Bran is up to looking back in time through the eyes of wierwoods and interacting with people in the past.

The thing with Bran is that he cannot interact with the timeline, or effect the way the future played out. He can watch and gain knowledge, or he can whisper and perhaps inspire in the Present (re: Theon) but he can't actually talk or communicate with people in the past yet. The idea of Quaithe being Dany from the future cheapens Dany's storyline by giving her something nobody else has - it completely unbalances the storyline. But also, Quaithe isn't Dany because Quaithe is communicating from Asshai and GRRM has confirmed that we don't go there, which means Dany won't go there.

Archived