Is Quaithe Daenerys From The Future?

King Bolton 1990

Haha, no. Just.. No.

I'm pretty sure GRRM won't use timetraveling (and how would Daenerys ever do that?). Plus, then she would just tell what's going to happen, not that hard to convince someone. Quaithe does expect something back from Daenerys, it's just that she hasn't made it clear yet. Maybe she wants the dragons or she doesn't want Daenerys to go to Westeros for any reason. She has her own agenda at least. She knows what she wants. It's not like she has given good guidance to Daenerys..

Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun's son and the mummer's dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal.

I mean, we know what people (most of them at least) she means here.. The Sun's son for example, Quentyn, was there to help her. Maybe not the way Daenerys wanted, but he and Dorne could have been helpful if she hadn't denied him. Moreover, the perfumed seneschal, Varys, has dedicated his life to bring her back to conquer Westeros and take the Iron Throne. Unless we are understanding Varys wrong, this seems prove that Quaithe isn't there to help Daenerys.

I'd be sooooo pissed if that ended up being some twist. Although GRRM has proved that you can't count on anything in asoiaf, I'm going to go ahead and risk counting on the fact that Quaithe will not be Dany from the future. Time travel in a song of ice and fire?? That might be,in m opinion, like one of the only things GRRM could do to discredit everything he's already accomplished with the series.

Daenerys dreamed of her, right? Or at least, stars whispered things to her with the voice of Quaithe when she was alone with Drogon in the desert..

Yep something like that. This is one of the crackpot theories I kind of like...

Yep something like that. This is one of the crackpot theories I kind of like...

I hope it is Sheira - I like the idea that Bran is being helped by Bloodraven and Dany is being (aided?) by Quaithe/Sheira -- but, then again, I find the Great Bastards really interesting

I don't think so. I think Quaithe is described as having mismatched color eyes and Dany doesn't have that. I can't remember when this was mentioned, I think ADWD. I could be wrong. Anyone know for sure?

There is a theory that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar (who had mismatched eye colors), but i dont think Quaithe's her eye-color were described yet.

The thing with Bran is that he cannot interact with the timeline, or effect the way the future played out. He can watch and gain knowledge, or he can whisper and perhaps inspire in the Present (re: Theon) but he can't actually talk or communicate with people in the past yet. The idea of Quaithe being Dany from the future cheapens Dany's storyline by giving her something nobody else has - it completely unbalances the storyline. But also, Quaithe isn't Dany because Quaithe is communicating from Asshai and GRRM has confirmed that we don't go there, which means Dany won't go there.

Just because Bran has not interacted with people in the past does not mean is not going to. Daenerys also already has something that no one else has they are called dragons. The other thing is just because GRRM has said nothing in the series takes place in Asshai does not mean Daenerys won't go there after the series is over it is possible that after the others are defeated that she will not stay in Westeros.

Quaithe is supposedly Shiera Seastar, both Shiera and Bryden made a pact with a woodswitch to retain their youth, even in her past 50ths she was appalling beautiful and young, she fled to Lys after Bloodraven got prosecuted and probably thought her fate would be the same, that is where her story ends, nothing else is known past that

No. Time travel is stupid and ruins everything.

Dumbledore: Hemione, here is some magic timetravel juju that will allow you to take a bunch of classes at once.

Hermione: Since you apparently have the power to tamper with the fabric of time and space, shouldn't you be using this to go back and stop Voldemort, save Harry's parents, or for any one of the other near-infinite better uses than letting me double up my courseload?

Dumbledore: Bitch I will wreck you.

Some people seem to think that Quaithe is Shiera Seastar, that would be interesting...

That makes a lot of sense.

-mismatched eyes

-vested interest in Targaryens

-reputation as a witch

-a mother who was rumored to have lived for a very long time (but retained her beauty)

And some smaller stuff as:

-Mother was from an old Valyrian line: closer connection than Targaryens with Essos at that time

-spoke many languages and loved reading (implying wisdom)

I too think that Quaithe is more likely to be Shiera Seastar rather than Dany from the future. Awesome idea though but kinda paradoxical in that if she needed help to reach her goal in the future then how did she get to the future in the first place to return as Quaithe?

I think the reason that Quaithe is so vague is because she is so sure that Dany is Azor Ahai reborn that she doesn't want to interfere too much with her destiny. All the other R'hallorites who have attached themselves to potential Azhor Ahai candidates (Mel, Moquorro etc) keep reiterating that they are the ONE and obviously most of them are wrong.... Quaithe seems pretty sure that Dany is the one and is just giving her a little guidance. I'm not sure that Dany is AA but Quaithe's mysterious presence has me kind of leaning in her direction although she seems a little too obvious otherwise. I think it will disappoint me if Dany is AA... it's too easy.

I too think that Quaithe is more likely to be Shiera Seastar rather than Dany from the future. Awesome idea though but kinda paradoxical in that if she needed help to reach her goal in the future then how did she get to the future in the first place to return as Quaithe?

I think the reason that Quaithe is so vague is because she is so sure that Dany is Azor Ahai reborn that she doesn't want to interfere too much with her destiny. All the other R'hallorites who have attached themselves to potential Azhor Ahai candidates (Mel, Moquorro etc) keep reiterating that they are the ONE and obviously most of them are wrong.... Quaithe seems pretty sure that Dany is the one and is just giving her a little guidance. I'm not sure that Dany is AA but Quaithe's mysterious presence has me kind of leaning in her direction although she seems a little too obvious otherwise. I think it will disappoint me if Dany is AA... it's too easy.

The Dragon has three heads, implies that the Azor Ahai is an entity separated by three bodies

Archived