Is Quaithe Daenerys From The Future?

King Bolton 1990

This was also the beginning of Dany's hallucinations, it may not have been the real Quaithe. I honestly doubt it was since she was talking to grass and seeing Jorah as well. Not sure how reliable that description can really be when she's gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs

Also bear in mind that when prophetic things happen, there is usually something else seemingly mundane or easilly explained/interpreted thrown right in there with it. This happens a lot with Dany.( House of the Undying visions for a good example.) The Ghost of High Heart for another example,' I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.I dreamt of a roaring river, and a woman who was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror.”

Also, I expected to see the Ted from Bill&Ted meme. Disappointed.

Also bear in mind that when prophetic things happen, there is usually something else seemingly mundane or easilly explained/interpreted thrown right in there with it. This happens a lot with Dany.( House of the Undying visions for a good example.) The Ghost of High Heart for another example,' I dreamt I saw a shadow with a burning heart butchering a golden stag, aye. I dreamt of a man without a face, waiting on a bridge that swayed and swung. On his shoulder perched a drowned crow with seaweed hanging from his wings.I dreamt of a roaring river, and a woman who was a fish. Dead she drifted, with red tears on her cheeks, but when her eyes did open, oh, I woke from terror.”

Also, I expected to see the Ted from Bill&Ted meme. Disappointed.

But nothing on this level, Dany was in full blown hallucinations for days. I think everyone would agree she was just dreaming of Quaithe in that instance, so why take it at 100% that her mask is ALWAYS like that when Dany fell asleep looking at the stars, which had also been whispering?

I can definitely agree with that. I still say it'd be so much more interesting to never find out who it was heheh.

Like Oberyn poisoning Tywin, i'll crap in one ear and listen out for confirmation with the other...

probably she is Shiera Seastar, as she sees Quaithe's mask made of stars in the chapter where she has her last dragon vision

To me that points more in the direction of Ashara Dayne.

I agree, i'm sick to death of all the secret identities. ASoIaF now has more characters with alter egos than the comic book industry >.<

In fairness, this was established early on. The series has made clear its love of the secret identity trope and I don't imagine it will prove productive to hope it will change now.

To me that points more in the direction of Ashara Dayne.

In fairness, this was established early on. The series has made clear its love of the secret identity trope and I don't imagine it will prove productive to hope it will change now.

Not really, fans established this. Very few are actually confirmed. There are theories and there are confirmed theories ;)

As for the other quote, im pretty sure theyre just bringing up what we've been discussing for the last few pages lol.

• 3 months later...

Does she not just wear a mask as this is the custom in Asshai? Not everything has to be more than it seems. And some questions are best left unanswered. Quaithe would cease to be interesting if we knew all about her.

Please show me where it says that wearing masks is a custom of people in Asshai.

Secondly, I think Quaithe would become much more interesting if we just knew a couple more details about her. Right now she's much too ambiguous for people to really care.

Unfortantely, this just seems like a case of bad or lazy writing, and Quaithe is a char that GRRM has very little to no idea what he wants to actually do with, or he was merely using her as a plot device, or He changed his mind about her purpose and now he is really struggling with what to do next.

But nothing on this level, Dany was in full blown hallucinations for days. I think everyone would agree she was just dreaming of Quaithe in that instance, so why take it at 100% that her mask is ALWAYS like that when Dany fell asleep looking at the stars, which had also been whispering?

I looked for you on the Trident...

Possible proof of time travel in ADWD Tyrion chapter V when they are passing through the sorrows they pass under the same bridge twice in a river that only flows in one direction and have no explanation for why it happened.

Thanx for pointing that out. I had totally forgotten about that.

Archived