A Thread for Small Questions XX

Stubby

Two questions.

-Do we know how old Ramsey Bolton is?

-If R+L=J, would it have been kinslaying if Ned had agreed to kill Dany?

Ramsay.....I'm sure we know but I can't think of the answer. I think he was of an age with Domeric Bolton (Roose's trueborn son)

Kinslaying if Ned killed Dany. Possibly. Only if Rhaegar and Lyanna did get married, then I would say yes. Since the laws of Westeros say a marriage joins the families. Rhaegar would have then been Ned's brother, hence Dany would be his sister. Example of this is when Cat gets uber-pissed at Lysa for not calling her banners in the Vale to help get Ned back since they are one big happy family now.

Ramsay.....I'm sure we know but I can't think of the answer. I think he was of an age with Domeric Bolton (Roose's trueborn son)

Kinslaying if Ned killed Dany. Possibly. Only if Rhaegar and Lyanna did get married, then I would say yes. Since the laws of Westeros say a marriage joins the families. Rhaegar would have then been Ned's brother, hence Dany would be his sister. Example of this is when Cat gets uber-pissed at Lysa for not calling her banners in the Vale to help get Ned back since they are one big happy family now.

Absolutely not. Ned has no blood relationship to Dany at all. If Jon killed Dany, sure.

Absolutely not. Ned has no blood relationship to Dany at all. If Jon killed Dany, sure.

I don't agree. Theon was called a kinslayer for killing Bran and Rickon, and there was no blood there.

ETA: He actually may have called himself a kinslayer a time or two.

I don't agree. Theon was called a kinslayer for killing Bran and Rickon, and there was no blood there.

ETA: He actually may have called himself a kinslayer a time or two.

There was a foster relationship there, a bond that Ned wouldn't have had with Dany.

If intermarriage counts as "kinslaying," then I'd say that just about everyone who goes to war in Westeros is guilty on some level.

I'm pretty sure it's Robb's crown, not Jeyne's. One of the Freys captured by the BwB had it with him.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask about this. Jaime sees Ryman with the crown (Ryman gave it to the camp follower he was with and called her "the queen of whores."). Everyone assumes Lady Stoneheart got it when she hung Ryman at Fairmarket. However, Jaime explicitly tells Ryman NOT to take the crown with him, that he should leave it behind.

We could assume that Ryman just didn't listen, but I don't know... I thought it was an intriguing line, because if Ryman wasn't supposed to take the crown, and he didn't, then we must ask how LS got it? I suppose probably nothing will come of it, but it aroused my curiousity.

Oh, I've been meaning to ask about this. Jaime sees Ryman with the crown (Ryman gave it to the camp follower he was with and called her "the queen of whores."). Everyone assumes Lady Stoneheart got it when she hung Ryman at Fairmarket. However, Jaime explicitly tells Ryman NOT to take the crown with him, that he should leave it behind.

We could assume that Ryman just didn't listen, but I don't know... I thought it was an intriguing line, because if Ryman wasn't supposed to take the crown, and he didn't, then we must ask how LS got it? I suppose probably nothing will come of it, but it aroused my curiousity.

Same here. Also on two other occasions Robs crown is said to have swords and ruins. Only swords are mentioned with the one LS has. And there was much made of the fact that Jeynes crown was taken from her. But I suppose I might be reading too much into it. Thanks.

I was just looking back and cant find mention of one until the scene where Jeyne and her mother meet with Jamie. There is a mark on Jeynes forehead, Jaime asks what happend, and Jeynes mother said that she didnt want to give up her crown. Jeyne starts to cry and says that rob had it made for her.

Can I get an amen? I think the Black Brothers following the elk in ADWD Bran were some of the most recent missing rangers (the ones not returned apparently by the weeper). They seemed to be rather freshly dead and their body parts werent moving. Not exactly happy with the idea that Coldhands brought pieces home for dinner. Unless it means Rickon is on the way to a big family reunion at the Wall.

Another thing that has been bothering me forever: Catelyn asks about Perwyn, Olyvar, and Alesander at the RW, then later she thinks, "Perwyn, Olyvar, and Alesander - all away. And Roslin wept." Perwyn was with her when she went to treat with Renly and Olyvar was Robb's squire. Presumably the Freys don't completely trust their loyalty, or think Perwyn/Olyvar might object to what was going to happen, or even try to stop it.

But what is the significance of Alesander? Why should they keep him away? They mention that he's a singer... that appears to be the reason, but why should that matter? With the others, the issue is their connection to Robb. Are they afraid he will recognize that the "musicians" are no musicians? But isn't the assumption that the Freys at the RW all know that anyway? Why should they think he would object to the RW particularly?

I guess along those lines, I'm wondering whether the assumption is that every Frey who was physically present for the RW knew what was going to happen, or whether it was on a need-to-know basis... did Fair Walda know? Did Alyx Frey?

Anyone know what to make of this:

Until one day Prince Rhaegar found something in his scrolls that changed him. No one knows what it might have been, only that the boy suddenly appeared early one morning in the yard as the knights were donning

their steel. He walked up to Ser Willem Darry, the master-at-arms, and said, 'I will require sword and

armor. It seems I must be a warrior."'

What did Rhaegar read in the scrolls? I've read that Rhaegar fancied himself to be Azor Ahai. Could it have something to do with that?

Anyone know what to make of this:

Until one day Prince Rhaegar found something in his scrolls that changed him. No one knows what it might have been, only that the boy suddenly appeared early one morning in the yard as the knights were donning

their steel. He walked up to Ser Willem Darry, the master-at-arms, and said, 'I will require sword and

armor. It seems I must be a warrior."'

What did Rhaegar read in the scrolls? I've read that Rhaegar fancied himself to be Azor Ahai. Could it have something to do with that?

The assumption would be that he read something that led him to believe he himself was AA or TPTWP, yes.

Archived