A Thread for Small Questions XX

Stubby

Haldon's secret. Tyrion played cyvasse with Haldon "for secrets" and won. I think the secret was the (supposed) identity of Young Griff. To disguise how he found that out he pretended to figure it out in the nexxt Tyrion POV and then thinks "if I did not know before I know now"

amirite?

Is there any hint about why the Blackfish was so vehemently opposed to getting married? Some have suggested he might be gay, but I don't remember even the faintest hint in that direction, where with Loras/Renly and Jon Con there are clues in the text.

This link here talks about it: http://www.westeros....FAQ/Entry/2016/ Hope it helps.

*ETA* I just reread that, I viewed the whole paragraph at first as being about Blackfish when it was really talking about Jon Connington. It says that Tully might have loved the lady who married his brother.

This link here talks about it: http://www.westeros....FAQ/Entry/2016/ Hope it helps.

There are other confirmed bachelors, Barristan Selmy who was in love with Ashara Dayne and Bonifer Hasty who IIRC was in love with Rhaella Targ (or someone he couldnt have)

Personally Satin is a question mark for me. Maybe he is at the Wall bc he got sick of being buggered.

JonCon I didnt even see coming. Many ppl have older heroes or idols they arent sexually attracted to. Heck, from the evidence we could say Jaime was gay for his idolization of Blackfish if we hadnt seen him with his sister. Of course he hasnt nailed anyone else so maybe...

How do you pronounce Tyrell? Is it TEE-rell, tee-RELL or Tah-ee-rell (as in "sty")?

I reckon you can say it however you want. But that is only because I don't say it how the TV show says it.

I say the Ty part to sound like the Ty in Tyrion, rather than the Ty in Tywin which is how the show says it.

I reckon you can say it however you want. But that is only because I don't say it how the TV show says it.

I say the Ty part to sound like the Ty in Tyrion, rather than the Ty in Tywin which is how the show says it.

This is why I'm confused. I say Tyrion like tee-rion, and Tywin like tee-win, but I say Tyrell like tie-rell. It sounded weird to hear them say Tee-rell but since they made such a point about Qarth not being "qwarth" I figured they must know what they are doing

ETA: ninja'd!

This is why I'm confused. I say Tyrion like tee-rion, and Tywin like tee-win, but I say Tyrell like tie-rell. It sounded weird to hear them say Tee-rell but since they made such a point about Qarth not being "qwarth" I figured they must know what they are doing

ETA: ninja'd!

I recall they said tehRELL in the TV show. Someone who claimed to know said that was correct.

Is there any hint about why the Blackfish was so vehemently opposed to getting married? Some have suggested he might be gay, but I don't remember even the faintest hint in that direction, where with Loras/Renly and Jon Con there are clues in the text.

He was worried that he would be married to someone who wouldn't be very nice to look at. Walder Freys brood have a reputation of not being the best looking women.

EDIT: That's why he was so relieved when he saw his wife to be.

Audiobooks read by Dotrice: Tee-ryon (Tyrion) and Tie-win (Tywin).

I wouldn't rely on the audio books for pronunciation. I have quite often noticed that in one book he pronounces a word one way and in another he would pronounce it another way. For example, in ASoS he says Harrenhal but in AFfC he pronounces it Harrenhall.

But you are right in what you are saying judging from interviews with GRRM.

I wouldn't rely on the audio books for pronunciation. I have quite often noticed that in one book he pronounces a word one way and in another he would pronounce it another way. For example, in ASoS he says Harrenhal but in AFfC he pronounces it Harrenhall.

But you are right in what you are saying judging from interviews with GRRM.

Well, I was answering a specific question: 'Does anyone know how they say it in the audiobooks?'

And yes, he changes pronouciation of some names from one book to another, but as far as I recall, not these two names.

Well, I was answering a specific question: 'Does anyone know how they say it in the audiobooks?'

And yes, he changes pronouciation of some names from one book to another, but as far as I recall, not these two names.

Okay then, my comment should have been directed to someone else. My apologies :)

He was worried that he would be married to someone who wouldn't be very nice to look at. Walder Freys brood have a reputation of not being the best looking women.

EDIT: That's why he was so relieved when he saw his wife to be.

That's Edmure! :)

Archived