Nymeria's Time to shine

Many still believe that Lady is alive somewhere but i think GRRM killed her because a wolf wouldnt fit in Sansas story. Sansa could never be taken for someone else with a big direwolf strolling by her. Maybe, and this is a longshot, Ned let her go and lied about killing her. Yet there is no evidence that supports that in the books.

On topic:

Of course Arya will be reunited with Nymeria. It would surprise me if GRRM wouldnt do something with a feriosious beast accompanied by a facelass warg!

Greywind will come back with his head attatched to Rhaegars body. He will then reveal that he is actually the prince that was promised and that Ghost is a by-product of him and Ned Stark and that Jon Snow is actually Hodor's son. Then the hound will come in riding Nymeria and they will lead a pack of wolves into battle. Generals will include (but are not limited to) : Lady Stoneheart, Arther Dayne (who wasnt really dead, he was just hiding behind his sword against a really bright wall, Viscerys; who is now a golden god and Rhaego who drops wildfire from the sky. ...it is known.

As well as a possible reunion of Nymeria and Arya I really want to see Nymeria turn up face to face with one of the POV characters.

just a side question does anyone know the general relative sizing of the dire-wolves I know ghost was the smallest pup but i seem to recall him then being the largest and lady being the smallest...

Greywind will come back with his head attatched to Rhaegars body. He will then reveal that he is actually the prince that was promised and that Ghost is a by-product of him and Ned Stark and that Jon Snow is actually Hodor's son. Then the hound will come in riding Nymeria and they will lead a pack of wolves into battle. Generals will include (but are not limited to) : Lady Stoneheart, Arther Dayne (who wasnt really dead, he was just hiding behind his sword against a really bright wall, Viscerys; who is now a golden god and Rhaego who drops wildfire from the sky. ...it is known.

Then Robb will join Dany and they will ride into battle on a dragon/direwolf hybrid.

• 5 weeks later...

either ghost or summer feels that greywind is dead, I think that was in dance but it could have been clash.

I believe it's Ghost in ASOS.... Greywind was awesome, Greywind is dead. Sadly..... but totally Nymeria is sooooo fantastic and I love reading about her. But the reunion I wanta see is not Nymeria and Greywind. It's Nymeria and ARYA :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think a nice twist would have Arya being captured by the BwB in the Riverlands while wearing the face of a Frey. She changes back to Arya's face when she sees UnCat, but she doesn't believe it's her. As they're about the hang her, she is rescued by Nymeria and her pack. UnCat, seeing Arya with Nymeria, finally realizes it's her. Arya could then proceed to kill UnCat out of mercy in a highly emotional scene.

i'm hoping that when the battle against the Others looks lost, all of a sudden a psychopathic 11 year old leads a charge of 500 wolves out of the woods, tearing out the throats of the undead.

Actualy Arya is something like 12 or 13 in ADWD, and in the last Arya chapter there are hints that she has grown up a lot. So, actually by the time she returns to Westeros (hopefully she won't be Dany like, staying far away from the real action) she would be something like 13-14 - a woman grown in Westeros, a woman grown 500 with wolves, and with taste for blood and revenge.

I really hope she will reunite with Nymeria, and of course with someone of her family, I want her to know that she is not the last Stark standing...

As we never actually saw Greywind die, or Robb's corpse, one could assume that he is dead from what was recounted. However, I always thought that he fled after making some ravage of his own and then they sewed a random wolf's head on Robb. My theory.

FIrst post, long time lurker!

I have a feeling that Nymeria will play a role in Arya returning to Westeros. We know that she's having wolf dreams and I suspect that she'll see/hear something regarding either her Mother or Sansa that will finally propel her back to Westeros.

I'd also like to see Arya return to Westeros and somehow connect with what's left of Catelyn rather than Lady Stoneheart, and then convince her that it's time to give up on vengence and return to the grave.

I definitely can't wait for Nymeria to re-appear in the story, hopefully with Arya. Maybe Arya will show up with another face but Nymeria will know just who she is.

Greywind is dead, unfortunately.

I like this idea and I think this is exactly what will happen. I remember a similar situation with an alley cat. Even though she looked different the cat still recognized her. I think Martin put that in there for a reason.

Archived