Nymeria's Time to shine

Why is it so certain GW is dead? In most cases, if a death is rumored but not seen, then it proves to be false (eg. Hound, Onion Knight).

Neither the Hound nor the Onion Knight had their heads chopped off and sewn onto something else.

ADWD confirmed that Arya knows where Nymeria is and has figured out warging.

"Better. And what else do you know?" It is snowing in the riverlands, in Westeros, she almost said. But he would have asked her how she knew that, and she did not think that he would like her answer."

Catelyn saw Arya as the Warrior in ACoK

"The Warrior was Renly and Stannis, Rob and Robert, Jaime Lannister and Jon Snow. She even glimpsed Arya in those lines, just for an instant."

I don't see her as a dragonrider. She's not going to be a swordfighter or a real battle commander so I think that warging/commanding Nymeria's army would be the most likely way for Arya to do that.

GRRM confirmed a reappearance for Nymeria.

April 15, 2008

Future Appearances from Several Characters

[Willl Hot Pie, Gendry, Nymeria, Rickon and Shaggy be seen again or mentioned in A Dance with Dragons, or later in the series?]

Later in the series? Yes, to all of them.

In DANCE? Yes to some, no to others.

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Future_Appearances_from_Several_Characters/I'v

I've written here how Arya and Nymeria mirror each other as well as how they mirror Queen Nymeria's story.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/69759-aryanymeria-reunion/#entry3354067

Why is it so certain GW is dead? In most cases, if a death is rumored but not seen, then it proves to be false (eg. Hound, Onion Knight).

I dont think its like with the whole controversy on the TV show GOT where there just happened to be a spare head lying around that looks like George Bush they could use... Not sure how it could be confused during the sewing process that hey wait.... is this the head of the wolf we just killed and decapitated? Wasnt really a rumor it was more of a retelling of what happened. This was pretty clearly Robb/Greywind. lol but I do love how GRRM writes... it makes it so this could even be something to be a discussion. Only in the world of ASOIAF could such a blatant death make us wonder if there is actually more to it than we see. Love it, need the next book.

How do you know it wasn't just the head of a wild wolf?

I mean, I'm 90% sure it's Grey Wind... but just sayin'.

The size. Grey Wind was nearing the height of a horse.

not only are they rumors, they are rumors started by the freys. All we know for certain is that robb got stabbed, the rest is a mystery.

My theory is that Greywind was actually the one that died while someone was able to get robb out. The freys figured he was dying so they made up their story and put someone else's head on greywind.

not only are they rumors, they are rumors started by the freys. All we know for certain is that robb got stabbed, the rest is a mystery.

My theory is that Greywind was actually the one that died while someone was able to get robb out. The freys figured he was dying so they made up their story and put someone else's head on greywind.

Then reread the chapter. Cat watches Roose Bolton kill him.

Then reread the chapter. Cat watches Roose Bolton kill him.

cat believed he died after she saw roose bolton stab him. I admit its extremely unlikely that robb survived, but jon snow was also stabbed and he's probably still alive

cat believed he died after she saw roose bolton stab him. I admit its extremely unlikely that robb survived, but jon snow was also stabbed and he's probably still alive

Yes but Jon is surrounded by magic and supernatural beings/occurences. Robb had Grey Wind, and he died before Robb did. Unless Howland Reed somehow made it into the RW and performed a time-freezing body switch to save Robb, consider Robb dead.

Crackpot Theory: The fire in which Mel sees BR and a boy with a wolf head howling. This could be Bran (or Rickon as some have thought). Or What if its a premonition of BR Warging into the RobbStarkbody-GWHead-FreyTrophy and wrecking havoc in the Twins.

Yes but Jon is surrounded by magic and supernatural beings/occurences. Robb had Grey Wind, and he died before Robb did. Unless Howland Reed somehow made it into the RW and performed a time-freezing body switch to save Robb, consider Robb dead.

We can consider rob double dead if you remember the varamyr chapter, rob could have easily gone into grey wind when he died and then died again

We can consider rob double dead if you remember the varamyr chapter, rob could have easily gone into grey wind when he died and then died again

That's what totally happened.

Yeah I think the whole reason grrm has the freys kill disgrace Robb's body by sewing Grey Wind's head on to it is to not only show the readers that, yeah, this guys really dead, but also to show us that Robb isn't pulling a warg and surviving in his wolf.

Also, its something Roose would have thought to do, since he seems to know about warging and the old legends of the North and wouldn't have wanted Robb coming back in any way.

Robb and Grey Wind are just dead as dead. Not walking dead or warg dead. They're both dead.

The warg ability to live a "second life" as an animal after your human body dies I think will happen to a different Stark... either Jon or Arya. There has been a lot of foreshadowing to suggest this.

One likely outcome is for Arya to get killed by the FM for disobeying orders. Her soul enters NYmeria permanently and she leads her pack on a vengeance spree.

My Prediction

Arya being part of the FM gets hired by the Bravosi Bankers to assassinate someone in Westeros(this is why she goes back to Westeros).

Most likey I would think it would be a higher up in Kings Landing(Cersei?) but in a some wild way I believe she will be sent to kill Stannis.

Stannis being rightful heir has also inherited the debts of King Robert.

Somewhere along the trip to Stannis she reunites with Nymeria.

Now that she knows how to use here warg abilities due to being blind she calls Nymeria to her side

Archived