Nymeria's Time to shine

Anyone else think Nymeria will make an appearance in TWOW? during the previous books i was always lookinng forward to hearing something about the wolves in the riverlands being lead by a giant she wolf and all that jazz. I know its a matter of time before she makes an appearance, I just want to know what roll you guys think she'll play in the final books and if she will be reunited with Arya. Ultimate theory for me Greywind lives and is with nymeria when arya finds her (dont think it'll happen). whooooo goosepimples even thinking how awesome that wud be. let me know what you think sure. peace out!!

She appear all night in Arya's dreams

• 7 months later...

I know that practically everyone thinks that Lady is dead for sure, but what if she isn't? The relationships between the Stark children and their direwolves are special. Wasn't there something in the Red Wedding scene where Grey Wind stopped howling when Robb died or vise versa? Also it just seems wrong that Sansa is the only living Stark kid without a direwolf. I don't know. Just saying.

Well, Nymeria killing Ramsay would be nice, anyone killing him would be, she would have to cross the neck, take her pack to the less fertile lands of the north. I can't imagine her doing that. She's the instrument of the Old Gods in the south taking out those who violated guest rights.

I know that Ramsay has trained some hounds to kill a direwolf, but I really hope he has badly underestimated the direwolves, especially the ferocity of Shaggy.

I know that practically everyone thinks that Lady is dead for sure, but what if she isn't? The relationships between the Stark children and their direwolves are special. Wasn't there something in the Red Wedding scene where Grey Wind stopped howling when Robb died or vise versa? Also it just seems wrong that Sansa is the only living Stark kid without a direwolf. I don't know. Just saying.

This is my train of thought lately too. It makes sense in a book where the CotF are living "second lives" in birds, and Bran is too that the death of Lady basically has Sansa one foot in the grave. When she slept beneath the weirwood in AGOT with Ned she dreamed of Bran and Arya didn't dream of anything. I'm hoping she finds a weirwood to sleep under in TWOW to see if it happens again.

As to the OP, I hope Nymeria comes back soon in the story. I think she'll probably meet up with Gendry before she meets up with Arya though. A hundreds strong pack is bound to have some puppies right? Probably lots and lots of cute puppies! And Nymeria/Arya's out for blood and can't have the little ones caught in the middle and slowing them down.

This is why I think she and her pack will meet up with Gendry as he goes out hunting for food for the orphans. With winter arrived the pack will probably not be able to move around as well with little ones, but hey! There's a nice building with some other cold orphan kids that could really use a swarm of warm puppies to curl up with and a few good hunters to get them food and protection. Then the pack can really get mobile and go for blood!

Orphans and puppy swarms. I'm betting GRRM is waiting to hit us right in the feels.

Hmm, A pack of 500 wolves isn't exactly a good thing with winter coming and food scarce now because of war. Wolves get hungry, Arya ia slowly losing her humanity and Nymeria has no fear of humans and is forgetting her human master. I foresee a lot of death and destruction following that pack , and most likely not the good kind (i.e. no bloody Freys). If they unite both will come together soaked in blood.

I haven't read through all of the posts, so not sure if this has been said here or elsewhere.

I wonder if Nymeria has more of a symbolic role to play, if not literal. Jojen tells Bran that all the wolves will join together again. Ayra is beginning to loose her Stark identity despite attempting to cling tightly to it. I wonder if Nymeria will be nearby when Ayra is sent to Westeros on assignment, at least I presume she will be sent. An encounter with her direwolf might be the critical point where Ayra sheds the FM identity and regains her Stark identity. I am not entirely convinced that Ayra will remain a FM just as I am not convinced Bran will just live inside a tree for eternity. The Bravos arc seems to function as Ayra's basic training, but her real role is not with the FM, but her kin in the north. This may not occur until the final installment, and I think Nymeria has a specific role in regards to Ayra's arc from here on out. She is still the one thing Ayra has that links her to her past.

This is my train of thought lately too. It makes sense in a book where the CotF are living "second lives" in birds, and Bran is too that the death of Lady basically has Sansa one foot in the grave. When she slept beneath the weirwood in AGOT with Ned she dreamed of Bran and Arya didn't dream of anything. I'm hoping she finds a weirwood to sleep under in TWOW to see if it happens again.

As to the OP, I hope Nymeria comes back soon in the story. I think she'll probably meet up with Gendry before she meets up with Arya though. A hundreds strong pack is bound to have some puppies right? Probably lots and lots of cute puppies! And Nymeria/Arya's out for blood and can't have the little ones caught in the middle and slowing them down.

This is why I think she and her pack will meet up with Gendry as he goes out hunting for food for the orphans. With winter arrived the pack will probably not be able to move around as well with little ones, but hey! There's a nice building with some other cold orphan kids that could really use a swarm of warm puppies to curl up with and a few good hunters to get them food and protection. Then the pack can really get mobile and go for blood!

Orphans and puppy swarms. I'm betting GRRM is waiting to hit us right in the feels.

Nymeria supposedly kills any wolf who tries to mount her. There was also a rumor that she snatched up a baby out of a village so she would be best to not be around children. She and her pack are dangerous.

ETA: As for the other wolves who knows but there usually is only one breeding pair (the male and female alphas) but then again wolf packs IRL aren't usually this large.

As for the weirwood dream Arya does have a talk with the dead when she's near a weirwood but it's in the next book.

Nymeria and Arya are becoming more like each other rather than forgetting each other. There was an instance in ASoS where Arya, Hot Pie, and Gendry are trying to get Roose Bolton off their trail and Nymeria's pack may have actually communicated with her.

“When the largest of the wolves lifted its head and howled back, the sound made Arya shiver.”

They were also there when she escaped Harrenhal.

Nymeria may end up being what kills Arya. She may hate Arya, despite their deep connection to each other. Nymeria was forced away, had rocks thrown at her by the person she loved most...She was just a puppy for all intents and purposes, if she's scarred from that, a reunion between the two may not be a good thing.

Their reunion is another payoff which could be coming in WOW. Part of me feels like that may be a closer for Arya's last chapter in Winds. "Something something something, and then she saw a really big wolf walk out of the woods." Epilogue.

Nymeria will definitely reappear, although maybe not in WoW. Her presence has steadily grown throughout ASOIAF, to the point that by FfC Lannister/Frey troops are being overrun by her and her enormous wolfpack. Nymeria's reappearance will probably coincide with Arya's return to Westeros, and it is unclear when that will happen.

Grey Wind, sadly, is dead. His head was severed and sewed onto Robb's headless body. There can be no resurrection from that fate. The "rumored but unseen death" clause does not apply in this case, because many people actually saw the Freys' abomination.

How bad-ass/odd would it be if Robb an Grey Wind came back to life with eachothers heads amd Robb was literally the Young Wolf and just destroyed the Frey/Bolton butt buddy club

I laughed so hard I cried, because I would actually love this.

i'm hoping that when the battle against the Others looks lost, all of a sudden a psychopathic 11 year old leads a charge of 500 wolves out of the woods, tearing out the throats of the undead.

tearing out their throats will not kill the undead unless the wolves can spit fire(hint hint)

Why is it so certain GW is dead? In most cases, if a death is rumored but not seen, then it proves to be false (eg. Hound, Onion Knight).

greywind dieing was no rumor....it was clearly stated that his head was sewn on to Robbs body.....thus making both Robb and greywind very dead...

Nymeria supposedly kills any wolf who tries to mount her. There was also a rumor that she snatched up a baby out of a village so she would be best to not be around children. She and her pack are dangerous.

ETA: As for the other wolves who knows but there usually is only one breeding pair (the male and female alphas) but then again wolf packs IRL aren't usually this large.

As for the weirwood dream Arya does have a talk with the dead when she's near a weirwood but it's in the next book.

Nymeria and Arya are becoming more like each other rather than forgetting each other. There was an instance in ASoS where Arya, Hot Pie, and Gendry are trying to get Roose Bolton off their trail and Nymeria's pack may have actually communicated with her.

They were also there when she escaped Harrenhal.

I didn't mean for my post to sound like an Arya vs Sansa thing. Not my intent at all, I think they are different. Its notable in the story that Sansa dreamed about Bran under the weirwood while Arya didn't at that point very early on in the story.

Yes I remember all those instances of Arya hearing the voices of the dead. I'm not discounting Arya's bond, just saying that Sansa seems like she could have a deeper bond to the weirwood specifically, since its been shown in Bran and Varamyr chapters to be where the spirits of the dead can go, and Lady is dead. Varamyr prologue goes into how the warg relationship is more a co-existence, and if Lady is dead then Sansa is co-existing with someone dead. We just haven't seen it yet because Sansa's been nowhere near a living weirwood to figure it out.

Arya - well she seems like she IS death! lol I think its telling she always loved to play around the crypt and the statues of her dead ancestors as a little kid. Its a connection she was born with.

I think it boils down to this: Arya used to be dead and came back from it; Sansa is currently half dead. But that starts treading into my own personal opinion and crackpot territory. ;)

As for the weirwood dream Arya does have a talk with the dead when she's near a weirwood but it's in the

next book.

Which next book?

I think the talk ARYa_Nym was referring to was when Arya was at Harrenhal in ACOK and she asked the weirwood what to do and she heard Ned's voice telling her "the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives."

Theres even more foreshadowing (I think) I found while rereading aDwD when Arya changes her face for the first time and the cat in the inn recognizes her and follows her back to the FM hq. She thinks something to the effect of "People do not recognize me with my new face but the cats can still tell that I am Cat of the Canals" This could be meant to put in there that if Arya is in Westoros with a different face Nym would recognize her anyways, therefore maybe leading her to abandon FM and become Arya Stark again... a fierce, vengeful direwolf.

• 1 month later...

what would be a great story. Jon going into Ghost as his body dies. Ghost has to escape castle black because a big fight is breaking out. Ghost going to his sister Nymeria and her pack. Arya sees that in her wolf dream and knows its Jon, escapes braavos to help him and then thanks to Arya, Ghost is able to get back to the body of jon and thanks to Bran/Mellisandra he can be resurrected.

My Prediction

Arya being part of the FM gets hired by the Bravosi Bankers to assassinate someone in Westeros(this is why she goes back to Westeros).

Most likey I would think it would be a higher up in Kings Landing(Cersei?) but in a some wild way I believe she will be sent to kill Stannis.

Stannis being rightful heir has also inherited the debts of King Robert.

Somewhere along the trip to Stannis she reunites with Nymeria.

Now that she knows how to use here warg abilities due to being blind she calls Nymeria to her side

Why should the Bravosi Bankers hire a assassin to kill the man who is going to pay the debts of the crown?

Stannis has a contract with the Iron Bank, that he will pay the debts when he is sitting on the IT.

The Iron Bank doesn't care about who the rightful hire is. The man who sits on the IT has to pay the debts.

If the king refuses the payment, the Iron Bank "sells" it's support to the first Lord/Man etc. who will pay the debts.

Archived