Nymeria's Time to shine

Then I guess Davos is dead because it was clearly stated that his head was seen on White Harbors gates

It was clearly stated TO DAVOS that his head was seen on the gates. It was clearly felt by Bran and Summer that Robb AND GREYWIND were dead, and then we are told in other POV's that greywinds head was sewn onto Robbs body, in addition to Catlyn watching him die.

Anyone else think Nymeria will make an appearance in TWOW? during the previous books i was always lookinng forward to hearing something about the wolves in the riverlands being lead by a giant she wolf and all that jazz. I know its a matter of time before she makes an appearance, I just want to know what roll you guys think she'll play in the final books and if she will be reunited with Arya. Ultimate theory for me Greywind lives and is with nymeria when arya finds her (dont think it'll happen). whooooo goosepimples even thinking how awesome that wud be. let me know what you think sure. peace out!!

I think Nymeria's part to play in all of this is the large pack of wolves will tear into an army of wights when the two factions meet, possibly with Arya warged into Nymeria.

It was clearly stated TO DAVOS that his head was seen on the gates. It was clearly felt by Bran and Summer that Robb AND GREYWIND were dead, and then we are told in other POV's that greywinds head was sewn onto Robbs body, in addition to Catlyn watching him die.

Cat watched Robb die, not Grey wind. No pov character saw the head sewed to his body.

Davos was told in Dance, while Cersei was told in Feast. So we had the time between the two books to speculate if Davos was dead or not.

Just like we can speculate if the wolf's head was sewed to Robb because no pov character has a first person account

Cat watched Robb die, not Grey wind. No pov character saw the head sewed to his body.

Davos was told in Dance, while Cersei was told in Feast. So we had the time between the two books to speculate if Davos was dead or not.

Just like we can speculate if the wolf's head was sewed to Robb because no pov character has a first person account

No, but we have the direwolves feeling it. Thats more than enough proof for me and most others.

No, but we have the direwolves feeling it. Thats more than enough proof for me and most others.

Direwolves felt it, plus Tyrion, Jaime, and many other POVs have heard about this, and the Freys do confirm it. The TV series flat out shows Arya seeing the corpse with the wolf's head with a group of Freys chanting "The King in the North."

I think it's pretty foregone that if Arya returns to Westeros, which is likely, she will reunite with Nymeria at some point. I have hopes they will kill a good few wights, and a good few enemies of the realm (Lannisters, Freys, Boltons, anyone Arya thinks is being too hard on the smallfolk).

Wecome!

I certainly hope you are right about Nymeria. I would love it if she were reunited with Arya. Also, I would love it if Greywind were still alive. I will cross my fingers. However, a little FYI, most posters believe GW to be dead. They will tell you in no uncertain terms and shake their cyber fists in your cyber face if you don't agree. I'm with you, though.

I'm not saying Grey Wind is dead, but I am saying it's been made very clear in both the book and the show that he no longer has a head...

As for Nymeria, I'm hoping for some sort of reunion with Arya as she does have wolf-dreams from time to time. Plus Arya has shown her ability to warg with the cat, so it's not out of the realm of possibility for her to return to Westeros and be greeted by a wolf army lead by Nymeria whom she can warg. If the two never meet again, I'm sure Nymeria will continue to continue to pop up in stories of giant wolf attacks.

This idea would make sense if the story was about wolves, but it's not. The animals were there to peak our interest as it is easy to feel happy when you think about a person and their beloved pet! But really i doubt the wolves will have any major impact on the story again.

I would really like it if Nymeria was able to save Sansa in some way if she was to leave the Vale. I don't know how likely that is to happen, or How it would happen, but it would be a nice thing to happen, seeing as Sansa lost Lady as a result of Nymeria's freedom. Plus Arya has no idea what's happened to Sansa since she led KL, so that would be a way of updating her

Actually we do NOT know for sure GW is dead. Robb had the head of A wolf sewn on but there is no certainty it was in fact GW.

However there is the dream sequence where Robb and GW join other known dead that strongly suggests GW is dead.

However it must be recalled that UNLESS Rob (and Ned) are buried at Winterfell with an iron sword, they are destined to rise again as fearsome ghosts. They were both "the Stark" and that is their place.

Actually I fully expect quite a few old Starks to rise again - those whose swords have rusted away and those that the children took - Brandon, Rickard, and the ones with the swords that Hodor and Osha took

Tyrion BF

I also strongly like the idea of Nymeria saving Sansa. Indeed I rather think that it is is NECESSARY for Sansa to have another direwolf so a pup of Nymeria's would suit well. Just not sure who the daddy might be. Now are we as shocked by wolf on wolf, brother sister mating as in humans ie could GW (who was in the Riverlands) have sired a pup on Nymeria or is there some other male Direwolf lurking around.

Whatever it is I suspect that unless Sansa has a direwolf she cannot return to her Stark heritage.

I definitely think that Arya and Nymeria will be connecting at some time in the future. Both have been associated with a water motif, and both have been part of a 'new' pack. I anticipate something bringing them together, and I also think this is a direction the Faceless Men are guiding her: they are instructing Arya not just to become a faceless assassin - the training and magic are awakening in her both skinchanging AND warging abilities. I am predicting that all the Stark children who learn to harness their powers will exceed far beyond what we have learned through V6S and BR.

As much as I loved GW and Robb, these theories that both or either of them are still alive are just an insult to GRRM's writing. We've had the shock, the grieving process and we've moved on. What would the literary purpose of resurrecting two characters you've already given a pretty cool and poetic (albeit sad) death to?

There are a few ways he could go with the reuniting of Nym and Ayra that I can imagine.

1) They meet and have a real stand off because Nym's still a bit pissed at being shunned and Ayra's fighting the warg powers due to all of her FM training telling her that she's no one and to forget her past.

This is unlikely as Ayra has always acted with heart before head when it comes to all things Stark and wolfy. Plus their bloody souls are linked!

2) Ayra gets far too cocky with her FM training by attacking (Insert member of the list here) somewhere near the trident and during her capture, or slightly after, Nym (alone, no pack for this bitch) comes to her rescue.

3) (Quite far on in the book, when the final battle commences) During the stand off between the wights, others etc and the rest of westeros, the wolves show up en masse led by Nym, to which Ayra responds with just a smile and a charge.

Since the wights have grown in power a lot more magic shizz has went down all around the known world to defend them (ie F*cking dragons rising). I think that the wolves gathering in a great pack (which most characters tell us hasn't happened in a good long while) is another means of nature battling against the Wights and Others.

Archived