Nymeria's Time to shine

My Prediction

Arya being part of the FM gets hired by the Bravosi Bankers to assassinate someone in Westeros(this is why she goes back to Westeros).

Most likey I would think it would be a higher up in Kings Landing(Cersei?) but in a some wild way I believe she will be sent to kill Stannis.

Stannis being rightful heir has also inherited the debts of King Robert.

I am so sorry for dragging this back up but it's niggling me. Apologies.

I find this highly unlikely as the IB are currently funding Stannis' campaign to gain the IT. Seems silly to have him killed, while they're funding him to kill Cersei et al for not paying their debts as it were.

I know it would be cool if the wolves were just another "unit" in the army of the north, but everything GRRM gave us since Clash contradicts that. They are taking on Lannisters and Northeners, they are terrorizing civilians, they are pretty much what you would expect a large band of wolves to be: a danger to anyone coming near them. There were few encounters between Arya and Nymeria, and everytime I thought that for sure the wolf would remember the girl and go back to her and fight for her. We have only one incident where it seems that Nymeria did in fact aid Arya, when she kills the brave companions that are after Arya on her path from Harrenhal, and even that could be just plain bad luck on the companion's side.

I think GRRM has so clearly avoided the cliche that the wolf would just "re-domesticate" itself so far, and instead presented us with a dangerous uncotrollable and kind of chaotic neutral pack of killer-wolves that I would be very surprised if he just reversed that towards the end of the story and make the wild animals fight alongside Arya to take out the "bad guys". Conceivable, but a surprising change from his direction so far...

I've held a certain fascination with Nymeria since AGoT. Nymeria seemed to mirror the nomadic lifestyle Arya would end up living. I have looked forward to their reunion. As well as a reunion between Sansa and Arya.

I hope you're right, that Nymeria will have some great showings in the WoW.

I am hoping Nymeria like Arya will join her brothers in the North and start killing Boltons and his men and along the way Freys, Lannisters and any others who have done wrong to House Stark. I also want to see Nymeria in battle and defending Arya and Starks/Loyalists against any enemy and wights. We only see her shine when Arya wargs her unbeknownst to Arya. Nymeria is kicking butt now and yet we only hear it through third party stories. It is time she shows herself and her massive pact and start being the badass wolf she is like Arya. I was also thinking part of Lyanna's spirit might be in Nymeria. just a crazy thought that would be interesting though. Nymeria needs to come back and shine. I also wondered why she did not join Greywind and fight with him or at least reveal herself to greywind/Robb. Both had to have sense each other in the Riverlands. Especially when they howled...

Anyone else think Nymeria will make an appearance in TWOW? during the previous books i was always lookinng forward to hearing something about the wolves in the riverlands being lead by a giant she wolf and all that jazz. I know its a matter of time before she makes an appearance, I just want to know what roll you guys think she'll play in the final books and if she will be reunited with Arya. Ultimate theory for me Greywind lives and is with nymeria when arya finds her (dont think it'll happen). whooooo goosepimples even thinking how awesome that wud be. let me know what you think sure. peace out!!

. It might happen! Maybe arya can warg into nymeria and finds that out when she is sent on on FM mission to westeros.

I know it would be cool if the wolves were just another "unit" in the army of the north, but everything GRRM gave us since Clash contradicts that. They are taking on Lannisters and Northeners, they are terrorizing civilians, they are pretty much what you would expect a large band of wolves to be: a danger to anyone coming near them. There were few encounters between Arya and Nymeria, and everytime I thought that for sure the wolf would remember the girl and go back to her and fight for her. We have only one incident where it seems that Nymeria did in fact aid Arya, when she kills the brave companions that are after Arya on her path from Harrenhal, and even that could be just plain bad luck on the companion's side.

I think GRRM has so clearly avoided the cliche that the wolf would just "re-domesticate" itself so far, and instead presented us with a dangerous uncotrollable and kind of chaotic neutral pack of killer-wolves that I would be very surprised if he just reversed that towards the end of the story and make the wild animals fight alongside Arya to take out the "bad guys". Conceivable, but a surprising change from his direction so far...

. Sometime good happens to people too. That is also part of life. Ayra warginto Nymeria kewlest thing conceived.

Why is it so certain GW is dead? In most cases, if a death is rumored but not seen, then it proves to be false (eg. Hound, Onion Knight).

and pray tell us what dire wolf head they used when the gods damned Frey chopped Rob's off....? We had pretty reliable POV characters during these deaths- of the dire wolves, Robb, Cat (lopping off a head kinda seals the deal) have we not? Robb killed them both by not listening to Grey Wind...anyone think that dealing with Robbs freaking dire wolf wouldn't probably be one of the first things the Freys/Bolton would want to get taken care of in that situation? We get pretty clear POV accounts of the deaths...MORE THAN 1 POV ACCOUNT as well...

I mean, I think all kinda shit would be breaking loose if Robb was killed and GW wasn't and was out and about just amassing havoc....the kinda shit we haven't heard about...2 books later now.

and think of how we are "told" about Sandor and the Onion Knight....

Renly and Robert are still alive then right?

I'm all for none of the wolves dying....but that ain't happening. Robb and Sansa both caused the deaths of their wolves...(sadly)

I like the thought of GW breaking loose and finding his sis Nymeria...but there is only talk of the one roaming massive giant She-Wolf in the Riverlands....GW was a pretty common sight to all of Robbs men and lords and anyone captured during a battle. I think there would be some talk about the Freys/Bolton having let GW escape from the RW...

and pray tell us what dire wolf head they used when the gods damned Frey chopped Rob's off....? We had pretty reliable POV characters during these deaths- of the dire wolves, Robb, Cat (lopping off a head kinda seals the deal) have we not? Robb killed them both by not listening to Grey Wind...anyone think that dealing with Robbs freaking dire wolf wouldn't probably be one of the first things the Freys/Bolton would want to get taken care of in that situation? We get pretty clear POV accounts of the deaths...MORE THAN 1 POV ACCOUNT as well...

I mean, I think all kinda shit would be breaking loose if Robb was killed and GW wasn't and was out and about just amassing havoc....the kinda shit we haven't heard about...2 books later now.

;)

and think of how we are "told" about Sandor and the Onion Knight....

Renly and Robert are still alive then right?

I'm all for none of the wolves dying....but that ain't happening. Robb and Sansa both caused the deaths of their wolves...(sadly)

I like the thought of GW breaking loose and finding his sis Nymeria...but there is only talk of the one roaming massive giant She-Wolf in the Riverlands....GW was a pretty common sight to all of Robbs men and lords and anyone captured during a battle. I think there would be some talk about the Freys/Bolton having let GW escape from the RW...

We also have the statements from a certain Frey to Jamie (Edwyn Frey or something along those lines I believe) about those who went to kill GW when Jamie asks about the Westerling's son. Just another shred of evidence to add into your comment

i want her to see something to bring Arya back.

Probably the most realistic thing I've read in this thread. I just don't see how GRRM has Arya riding/leading/controlling/directing/influencing/feeding or petting a pack of wolves. They are as said, " a chaotic neutral force". I think it would be horrible if Arya ends up being General Wolfpack or Queen of Wolves etc. It is not in her character. I much prefer her descent into darkness and transformation in The Stranger personified. Yes, even a stranger to Nymeria. That's how we would know that Arya's transformation is complete, if Nymeria doesn't recognize/know/acknowledge/facelick Arya... :smoking:

• 1 year later...

Nymeria and her great pack might already be in the North. I may be grasping at straws here but in the Mercy chapter she's in a pine forest. Pine trees are more common in northern lattltudes. I remember Summer trying to clime a pine tree in the WF godswood. I also remember Jon noticing pines beyond the Wall. I don't recall any reference to conifers in the Riverlands.

I'm not certain about Nymeria's location, but I'm pretty sure Bran knows where she is because in

Nymeria and her great pack may already be in the North. Wherever she is, Bran knows her location and that's huge if it allows him to visit Arya in her dreams. A tree watches her as she runs. He may be warging Nym. Unlike Arya, Bran can actively control his host's actions.

In the Mercy chapter, Nymeria is running through a pine forest. That may mean nothing, but pines are more common in northern latitudes. I remember Summer trying to climb a pine in the godswood of WF. And Jon notices pine trees beyond the Wall. I don't recall conifers in the Riverlands but I could have missed it. Anybody?

Obviously Arya meeting up with Nymeria and kicking ass as co-leaders of Westeros's biggest wolf pack would be unbelievably cool, but I'd like to see a different route. How about if Nymeria and pals come across Lady Stoneheart and the BwB? fantasy scenario:

Stoneheart and BwB are killing some Freys when out of the woods creeps an enormous wolf. Everyone starts sh!tting themselves until LSH walks up to the massive wolf, crouches down and holds out her hand. Nymeria, even through all the undeadness realises that she knows LSH and then, by some contrived plot point that I can't quite work out, the wolves and BwB have a sort of unofficial 'we'll leave you alone if you leave us alone' kind of deal. Then later Nymeria appears in front of LSH and is clearly trying to 'tell' her something. That something is leading LSH back to Arya. BANG, a couple of Starks reunited + the BwB + massive wolf pack = lots of dead Freys and Lannisters in the Riverlands.

Slightly insane but oh well, it'd be fun.

ROB IS DEAD PEOPLE! SO IS GREYWIND! this isn't up for debate.

1) the actors for robb and catelyn are not going on the show EVER AGAIN. this means that robb no longer has a significant role to play
2) Robbs death was NECESSARY to facilitate the north against hte freys and boltons due to the red wedding. The red wedding was a SUPER IMPORTANT part of the books that cant be left out!
3) i think in GoT, or maybe Clash, Dany has a vision of Robbs death. She sees "a wedding of blood, and at the head of the table was a man with a wolfs head and a woman crying blood"
Clearly GRRM had robbs death planned from the VERY BEGINNING.

Thats how GRRM kills his good characters! EVERY good character who dies, their death facilitates something huge.

Neds death started the war of 5 kings. Robbs death is starting the war in the north. Oberyns death is Getting Dorne into the War. Elia's death made Oberyn go on crazy revenge quest, and made dorne hate the lannisters. Rickon(neds brother) and his father (i forget his name) their death cause the start of Roberts Rebellion. Roberts death led to Ned's execution.

GRRM NEVER kills off characters with untied plot lines or plot holes. This is why Jon Snow is def still alive somehow, and this is why Robb is definately dead. Seriously where would Robb fit in the story? Think about it? What with the Dorne plotline, The Skagos plotline. The Bran/treewarg plotline, The arya plotline, the Tyrion plotline, The stannis/theon/north war plotline, the Danaerys Plotline, and the young griff plotline. Where the HELL is he going to start writing about Robb?

Obviously Arya meeting up with Nymeria and kicking ass as co-leaders of Westeros's biggest wolf pack would be unbelievably cool, but I'd like to see a different route. How about if Nymeria and pals come across Lady Stoneheart and the BwB? fantasy scenario:

Stoneheart and BwB are killing some Freys when out of the woods creeps an enormous wolf. Everyone starts sh!tting themselves until LSH walks up to the massive wolf, crouches down and holds out her hand. Nymeria, even through all the undeadness realises that she knows LSH and then, by some contrived plot point that I can't quite work out, the wolves and BwB have a sort of unofficial 'we'll leave you alone if you leave us alone' kind of deal. Then later Nymeria appears in front of LSH and is clearly trying to 'tell' her something. That something is leading LSH back to Arya. BANG, a couple of Starks reunited + the BwB + massive wolf pack = lots of dead Freys and Lannisters in the Riverlands.

Slightly insane but oh well, it'd be fun.

that. sounds. fucking. AWSOME!!!!

I think it would be far more likely that the wolves accept arya, and only arya. 4

Archived