Characteristics about the world

It seems that there is a red comet (the bleeding star) which takes roughly seventeen years to show up on the skies, this is based upon the day Aegon was born (282AL) and the last time the comet was seen, during the ACoK events (299AL)

As every comet, this one must have a ellipsoidal orbit and there are a lot of possibilities for orbits based on a 17 years comet showdown, but based on it we can deduce the distance of the planet from its sun

I admit, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you mean, will The World of Ice and Fire have information about the moon, stars, etc.? Well, at one point it was suggested that one of the maps be a constellation map... but not sure whether that will happen or not.

I admit, I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Do you mean, will The World of Ice and Fire have information about the moon, stars, etc.? Well, at one point it was suggested that one of the maps be a constellation map... but not sure whether that will happen or not.

Seriously? Wow. Never thought of that. Very interesting.

I think the original poster is trying to figure out the characteristics of the orbit of the planet, which frankly, I reckon Martin doesn't give two hoots about as the seasons are magical in nature anyway. So any orbital info would be utterly pointless.

I'm asking characteristics about the world, which means sky color (atmosphere), if there are stars in night-sky, any moon (or moons), because this is related to the World of ASoIaF

if this thread is not suitable for this section, then it should be moved to General

I'm asking characteristics about the world, which means sky color (atmosphere), if there are stars in night-sky, any moon (or moons), because this is related to the World of ASoIaF

if this thread is not suitable for this section, then it should be moved to General

I think everything is pretty much as per our world.

From the books we can inferr the following:

The sky colour appears to follow the patterns of our world very closely. Apart from direct references to the sky, we also have Ironborn references to the colour of the oceans, and Victarrion tells us that it is grey around the Iron Isles and deep blue around Slaver's Bay.

As the sea colour is a reflection of the sky, we can tell that this corresponds to the real world at these latitudes.

As for the Stars, yes, Jon refers to the Ice Dragon constellation, some star called the Traveller or somethign like that, which they use to navigate by and I"m sure other stars are referred to elsewhere.

As for the moon, in a Dany chapter we are told that there is one moon, but that a Qartheen legend talks of there once being a second moon in the sky, before it broke apart and spilled forth Dragons in to the world.

Archived