About what happens to Arya at the Red Wedding

duffmid

Edit - SPOLIER - I can't figure out how to hide the spoiler text below so if you're not past the RW don't read on until I can figure it out

I finished Song of Swords last week so I can finally go back and read all those spoiler filled threads, but I've noticed a bunch of Red Wedding threads where people are talking about Arya being killed.

Am I the only one who didn't think she was dead at all? I thought it was clear that she was hit with the flat of the blade, and I had just assumed the Hound was doing it to stop her from killing herself on a suicide mission.

Maybe I was still grief-stricken from what had happened and I read it wrong at the time but that thought never once crossed my mind until I saw a bunch of people had made threads saying it.

For a few seconds after reading it I thought she was, but then I realized The Hound would gain nothing from doing it so it was unlikely. And then just to be sure I quickly flipped through the chapters to see if there was another Arya POV later in the book.

That just kind of took me out of the book a little. After the situation with Bran and Rickon, I thought right away that this was more annoying trickery. I didn't care for that. And if HBO tries to make you think she's dead its going to suck. The reaction to Bran and Rickon on the show was pretty poor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived