Stannis' Sellswords? (Possible Spoilers)

Batman

There isn't time for a southern campaign for Stannis. In my view, Stannis has set everything up for the rightful heir - Jon - to step up and take control of the North and the 20,000 new sellswords after Stannis dies in the North.

Stannis will never go south of the Neck again. He is basically the guy that sets everything up for Jon to be able to mobilize the realm quickly to face the Others.

I do think that's completely possible and more than likely. But we could be surprised, the North might be reunited quite quickly in WoW and everything might fall into place for Stannis or Jon to strike south.

Or the others might not even constrained to the North. Magical beings that bring the cold with them on undead horses that can ride non stop. We might see a zombie apocalypse situation in Kingslanding.

There isn't time for a southern campaign for Stannis. In my view, Stannis has set everything up for the rightful heir - Jon - to step up and take control of the North and the 20,000 new sellswords after Stannis dies in the North.

Stannis will never go south of the Neck again. He is basically the guy that sets everything up for Jon to be able to mobilize the realm quickly to face the Others.

Really? So you think the kid who just had a Caesar-esque moment, last we saw had been stabbed numerous times and was probably bleeding out, is going to survive and the man who seems to be having better and better lock, with the mountain clans joining him, the Glovers and mormonts joining him, and him catching the Karstark's betrayal before it had a chance to manifest, is going to die? I'm sorry, I think you have things backwards.

Really? So you think the kid who just had a Caesar-esque moment, last we saw had been stabbed numerous times and was probably bleeding out, is going to survive and the man who seems to be having better and better lock, with the mountain clans joining him, the Glovers and mormonts joining him, and him catching the Karstark's betrayal before it had a chance to manifest, is going to die? I'm sorry, I think you have things backwards.

I'm a Stannis fan and even I think Jon's coming back.

Seems like wishful thinking to me. I can't say I'm worried, Stannis is the one true king, Jon served his purpose to the story, he held the wall, gave Stannis some sound advice, and died a martyr for the wildling cause.

Oh...I see what you did there.

I'm a Stannis fan and even I think Jon's coming back.

I don't. Better characters have died worse deaths (I'm thinking Robb.) Really nothing would surprise me, and I think GRRM is one of the few writers to actually have the balls to stick to his guns and kill off Jon. Hopefully Dany too, though I'm sure at least one of them will survive, I'd prefer Jon, but right now it doesn't seem likely.

I don't. Better characters have died worse deaths (I'm thinking Robb.) Really nothing would surprise me, and I think GRRM is one of the few writers to actually have the balls to stick to his guns and kill off Jon. Hopefully Dany too, though I'm sure at least one of them will survive, I'd prefer Jon, but right now it doesn't seem likely.

I just think theres far too much going on to have Jon stay dead. His possibly prophetic dreams, warging Ghost. Red Priests being able to resurrect (if poorly).

I do think it'd be a huge subversion of expectations if Jon fought the Others as a wight like Coldhands or in the same Undeath as Dondarrion and Cat though.

Currently the reputed sellsword companies are all under contract but there are lesser known ones out there as well. I just doubt that there are 20,000 of them.

There is the Ragged Standard, the Bright Banners and the Maiden's Men. 20 000 do seems too high a numbers, but 10 000 seems realistic enough IMO. And anyway, George can make up all new companies out of thin air if it suits him.

The kid is Rhaegar's son and raised by Le Ned. You need to go no further to see the kid will save the day in the end.

And Stannis will die for sure. He even saw it himself in the fires.

Currently the reputed sellsword companies are all under contract but there are lesser known ones out there as well. I just doubt that there are 20,000 of them.

Essos is apparently a breeding ground for Sellswords. Not all of them are in Slavor's bay. I believe the Masters of Yunkai only went as far as Volantis to gather armies. There's bound to be some in the other free cities, Lys, Tyrosh and Myr are looking like war and there's likely some in Braavos and Pentos too.

I do think that's completely possible and more than likely. But we could be surprised, the North might be reunited quite quickly in WoW and everything might fall into place for Stannis or Jon to strike south.

Or the others might not even constrained to the North. Magical beings that bring the cold with them on undead horses that can ride non stop. We might see a zombie apocalypse situation in Kingslanding.

Although it is unknown in what context this should be placed, it should be noted Dany saw a vision where she battled an army of ice at the Trident.

If we take things literal, the North will (assumedly) be overrun by zombies and it is up to Dany to fight them at the Trident. Assuming they travel overland (or even if they don't) and just head south that means they'll never reach KL up till that point.

So what are Stan (and Jon) doing in the meantime then?

Of course, the army of ice may not have anything to do with the Others, or maybe Dany will have a final showdown like Rhaegar had at the Trident, with almost the whole of Westeros overrun by zombies.

He saw "a king with a crown of fire on his brows, burning his flesh". I don't have the exact quote though as I don't have ASOS in english yet.

Ah yeah, that's what I'm remembering. I don't think that necessarily means he's going to die, more that his attempt to take up the AA mantle will damage him. Which has already happened, given Mel's comments about his life force draining and him looking older, and which may continue to happen. I don't think it's a safe bet to say he will die for sure.

Ah yeah, that's what I'm remembering. I don't think that necessarily means he's going to die, more that his attempt to take up the AA mantle will damage him. Which has already happened, given Mel's comments about his life force draining and him looking older, and which may continue to happen. I don't think it's a safe bet to say he will die for sure.

Totally possible too.

But he set a certain, how to say, "tone" with his new religion (essentially, the weapon/it factor he needed in ACOK), when he says things about burning flesh, that's a sign to me.

Anyway, we'll only know at the end of the road, and that's gonna be fun.

And I just thought about all those whacky bravo sword wielder. Fighting for Stannis could get them praise, fame and honor. Some might take the IB coin and sail to Westeros.

Really curious about these Braavosi sellswords. There must quite a few of them.

Is a Braavo blade more like a rapier or a ropera?

Anyway, archers to the Wall, and infantry/light cavalary to land at Maidenpool/saltpans and flank the Trident. Next, pay visit to the Twins.

Archived