Euron Greyjoy

jon tarkaryen

I am sure that this has been covered but why does everyone think that it will be Euron that will wed Dany?

If he is a child molester like Aeron Damphair was thinking about with the creaking door then I hope that he dies a horrific death.

I am sure that this has been covered but why does everyone think that it will be Euron that will wed Dany?

Why will it be a Greyjoy at all? Because of the House of the Undying vision - a corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly - in the bride of fire triplet. Now that I re-read it, it could be Theon with what he has gone through but I don't see Theon marrying Dany right now. Euron seems likeliest because he is the craftiest and smartest of the Greyjoys.

One word Jon Tarkayen:warging.

About molesting I agree.

so theory is that Bran will somehow meet Euron Dany and all gang and then warg in dragon.now thats what Im calling a crakpot.

Why will it be a Greyjoy at all? Because of the House of the Undying vision - a corpse stood at the prow of a ship, eyes bright in his dead face, grey lips smiling sadly - in the bride of fire triplet. Now that I re-read it, it could be Theon with what he has gone through but I don't see Theon marrying Dany right now. Euron seems likeliest because he is the craftiest and smartest of the Greyjoys.

ok,and why cant Victarion be the one?

If he is a child molester like Aeron Damphair was thinking about with the creaking door then I hope that he dies a horrific death.

well he was maybe just scaring him(like:Im the goast of drowned god buahhahhaa)....not neccessarly sexualy abused him.

I dont know what to think of him.although he is surely bit insane,and egoistic,and we can see he is no softie,I just cant make myself hate him.

Maybe because all of the hype GRRM created about him.I mean,since we have greyjoy pov(theon) we can hear his name said with horror and scare.that not positive,but I was dieing to finaly meet that guy and I just cant hate him.

Well, the theory isn't mine.I first saw it in thread called "Bran the powerful" .

ah yes I remember that topic.Originaly I must say...but hardly possible.

Euron is going to end up with Victarion's sword sticking out of his belly. He better enjoy his tenure as a ruler to its fullest, because he's not going to live to see out the end of the winter.

I think Euron is going to kidnap Dany and marry her by force and steal her dragons. He is the groom to dread. I think victarion is just cannon fodder. I will the say the same thing i said in logistics thread (crackpot theory actually) Dany isn't going to land in westoros with an army but dragged there by Euron in 'Silence'.

This my quote from that thread

"Its great that Dany's general staff are planning the invasion of westoros . But I think there is already a berth reseved for Dany on 'Silence'. King Euron and Queen Dany will spend their honeymoon sailing by the shadow and make the trip round the world and land on the beaches of the Reach with their grownup dragons. Now we can discuss in how many ways we can fry the 100,000 swords high garden can field."

I hate to break it to you Ser Gendry, But it can't POSSIBLY be the Crows Eye.

The man in the vision is: a.) Dead and b.) he has GREY LIPS.

Not Eurons BLUE Lips, but Grey ones, like a dead man might have.

By this point Dany has already seen the warlocks and knows what blue stained lips mean. She understands the significance and recognizes blue lips by this point. Everything that we have read indicate that those stains are significant and not going away anytime soon (and we know that the crow's eye is still drinking shade of the evening as of AFfC), and have been described as a deep blue, almost bruise looking, those simply will not become the gray lips of the dead.

More importantly Eurons Blue Lips are HIGHLY important given who he is and it is very hard to believe that the visions would have gotten everything else right, like his bright eyes and his being on a ship, and neglected his blue lips.

ANd nothing about the vision particularly indicates that she will marry the man in the vision. It simply could be a person who has some significance to, or effect on, her arrival in westeros. Given that she has already seen Stannis in her vision this could simply be Davos, representing the death of Stannis's conscience.

my $.10

The grey lips in the vision are symbolic. "Grey lips smiling"=Greyjoy.

ANd nothing about the vision particularly indicates that she will marry the man in the vision. It simply could be a person who has some significance to, or effect on, her arrival in westeros. Given that she has already seen Stannis in her vision this could simply be Davos, representing the death of Stannis's conscience.

It is in the "bride of fire" triplet and a symbol for Drogo was the first one in the vision.

Thanks for the note. But a theory is 'grey lips smiling' is greyjoy. Hey its going to be a long wait before GRRM comes up with answers. So might as well argue.

Hey Jon Targaryen beat me to it. He knows more.

But there are lots of things in the Bride of Fire triplet that do not, and cannot, revolve solely around past or future Husbands of Dany.

The grey smilling lips thing, while clever, is overthinking it.

Even if it weren't over-analyzing, it would still make far more sense that it would be victarion and not Euron.

All of the people that we have seen in the visions have appeared as they looked at a time in their life that was significant to Dany or the overall story:

ROb dead with GreyWind's head sewn in place of his. Rhaegar with Elia, and then Again Dying on the Trident. Stannis with "Pseudo-lightbringer".

The man in the vision can't be Euron because everyone else has been portrayed AS THEY APPEAR, and for that individual to have been meant as Euron would have to mean that HE and HE ALONE of all the literal people she saw in her visions didn't look right.

its not Euron, it simply can't be the lack of blue lips is to important. No where else in those vision does martin change an important IDENTIFYING aspect of someones appearance.

ANd yes, while the smiling lips are grey, they are the grey of a dead man, and the guy is described as DEAD so hence the lip color matters because he is dead... I can buy it being symbolic for another Greyjoy on a stretch, but not Euron, those visions didn't distort real people that way.

my $.10

EDIT: didn't part of that whole crackpot theory also say that Euron (who I can never IMAGINE Dany marrying) would be her mount to "dread" and not one of her dragons? sorry but the dragon reference there was damn obvious.

Besides, once again they aren't grey smiling lips on an ordinary guy but on a CORPSE. That would actually make, of all the Greyjoys, THEON a more likely possibility than Euron (since he is widely believed dead by many). Afterall Theon has normal lips and not freakish blue warlock lips.

Archived