Euron Greyjoy

jon tarkaryen

Jon, you said: It is in the "bride of fire" triplet and a symbol for Drogo was the first one in the vision.

The first simply was not for Drogo in the vision, this is what the first symbol was:

"A tall lord with copper skin and silver-gold hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him.""

Seems a lot like Rhaego to me, and we know what happened to him, this also seriously undermines the "corpse-on-a-ship-is-Euron-Despite-not-having-blue-lips" theory.

my $.10

The visions are a smattering of different things, and not all necessarily mean what they are. For example, while it's obvious that the blue-eyed king is Stannis, there's likely no point where he's raised Lightbringer up into the air at sunset while he cast no shadow. The image takes Stannis in as a whole, from the shadow-assassin to Lightbringer.

Furthermore, the cloth dragon may represent a false dragon - it could mean Stannis himself. Or potentially a Blackfyre descendent running the Golden Company trying to claim the Iron Throne.

Then there's the great stone beast with its shadow fire. It might be Melisandre's stone dragon. It might simply represent the fact that she wants to raise a stone dragon. Or it might conceivably represent Melisandre herself.

Then there's the blue flower growing from a chink in a wall of ice. It might mean Lyanna in some way. Or it might represent the fact that Jon Snow is Lyanna's child, and the wall of ice represents the fact that Jon Snow is currently at the Wall, or is blooming at the Wall, or whatever.

The point is, taking grey lips as literal description doesn't hold up to analysis. There's plenty of leeway for it to be Euron and saying it can't because his lips are blue is taking things way, way too literally, particularly in light of how even the most periphereal analysis can interpret grey, smiling lips as Greyjoy.

Besides, neither Victarion or Euron are the types I see as smiling sadly, as the corpse is remarked upon as. The only Greyjoy who seems the sort who might smile sadly is Theon.

Not to mention that it makes little sense from a literary standpoint to describe a figure whose identity is likely meant as a mystery in such a way as to completely remove the mystery. The wolf's head on the man's body is one thing - a blue-lipped, one-eyed sailor is even harder to ignore.

There is the problem of the horn apparently killing whoever uses it. Is it possible that it only kills the user if there's no dragon around?

A Greyjoy-Dany alliance would obviously be advantageous for Dany in the short term with all of their ships. but after that they would be nowhere near as useful and i would fear them betraying me if i was Dany.

We don't know the specifics of how the horn works. It may kill whoever uses it, but it could also summon the dragon to the horn - so whoever's waiting there can take control of the dragon, regardless of who actually blew the horn.

Besides, neither Victarion or Euron are the types I see as smiling sadly, as the corpse is remarked upon as. The only Greyjoy who seems the sort who might smile sadly is Theon.

I don't know, Euron Crow's Eye seemed somewhat melancholic in the final scene of The Reaver, to me.

Just to throw up a crackpot theory, wouldn't it be funny if it was coldhands (who is dead with grey lips) smiling sadly as he sails to meet Danny?

Edit: oh, and does coldhands have bright eyes? i know they are not bright blue like the wraiths, but could still be bright.

well he was maybe just scaring him(like:Im the goast of drowned god buahhahhaa)....not neccessarly sexualy abused him.

I dont know what to think of him.although he is surely bit insane,and egoistic,and we can see he is no softie,I just cant make myself hate him.

Maybe he took a page out of Brightflame's book and used to just tell him he had too many brothers.

He's the man thought. By far the most enigmatic character in the books. Hes not some wannabe like the rest of the Ironorn he truely is a badass no holds bars ruthless pirate and knowing his charm Dany will probably fall for him. It will be interest to see how the horn angle develops.

Coldhands doesn't have bright blue eyes. It's one of the things Samwell notes as a difference between Coldhands and wights.

As for Euron and Dany, Euron's a bit like Daario, as I see it. So she'll be attracted to him, perhaps, should they meet, but she'll be wise enough to recognize she probably shouldn't do anything with him. Or at least have her doubts.

As for Euron and Dany, Euron's a bit like Daario, as I see it. So she'll be attracted to him, perhaps, should they meet, but she'll be wise enough to recognize she probably shouldn't do anything with him. Or at least have her doubts.

That's assuming she'll have a choice in the matter, though.

The dead part is actually not much help in identifying the particular Greyjoy because of the ritual drowning the Ironborn undergo but I agree that Theon does seem likeliest because of what he's been through and what GRRM has said about him.

The first simply was not for Drogo in the vision, this is what the first symbol was:

"A tall lord with copper skin and silver-gold hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him.""

No, that is the second vision in the "daughter of death" triplet. The first in the "bride of fire" triplet is: Her silver was trotting through the grass, to a darkling stream beneath a sea of stars. Drogo's wedding gift, a clear reference to him.

Maybe he took a page out of Brightflame's book and used to just tell him he had too many brothers.

He's the man thought. By far the most enigmatic character in the books. Hes not some wannabe like the rest of the Ironorn he truely is a badass no holds bars ruthless pirate and knowing his charm Dany will probably fall for him. It will be interest to see how the horn angle develops.

yes and I would completly agree.but then Victarion came into game.if he will marry dany,Ironborn will fight each other probably.and considering his last sentence in affc,he will.

The dead part is actually not much help in identifying the particular Greyjoy because of the ritual drowning the Ironborn undergo but I agree that Theon does seem likeliest because of what he's been through and what GRRM has said about him.

I still belive in grey lips plus smile-greyjoy.now which greyjoy.....Euron or Victarion I think.

Prophercies are very hard to understand,and dont forget there are some that didnt happened though they were said.

we can only argue.

And there is also the fact that Dany did not have a single vision that tied directly to her future in the house of the undying, they were just some sort of metaphorical newsflash about the big events in Westeros.

So I'm seriously doubting the dead person she saw is part of her future. Me, although it's totally crackpot, I think it's Brienne after ressurection, going to get arya :mellow:

Of course, I also don't believe Dany will marry anyone out of the blue, when she has the advice and support of shrewd people like a certain Lannister and other exiles, and when she has that "blood of the dragon" and ex-khaleesi pride. Unless her hormones really take over, that is, but considering her preference in men, she would rather like a Jaime than a Victarion.

Of course, I also don't believe Dany will marry anyone out of the blue, when she has the advice and support of shrewd people like a certain Lannister and other exiles, and when she has that "blood of the dragon" and ex-khaleesi pride. Unless her hormones really take over, that is, but considering her preference in men, she would rather like a Jaime than a Victarion.

Jaime?Jaime,who killed her father?yeah right.

She probably will marry Victarion,since that means she will get Iron fleet,but then Euron will come into game.

So I'm seriously doubting the dead person she saw is part of her future. Me, although it's totally crackpot, I think it's Brienne after ressurection, going to get arya :mellow:

now that is crakpot.

Jaime?Jaime,who killed her father?yeah right.

Heh, we're talking about a teen who fantazise about a mercenary captain here.

Anyway, I didn't mean she would even meet Jaime, I meant she would fall for the looks rather than for the brains or political value, and even if she didn't Victarion has neither the brains nor the political value of many others.

Heh, we're talking about a teen who fantazise about a mercenary captain here.

Anyway, I didn't mean she would even meet Jaime, I meant she would fall for the looks rather than for the brains or political value, and even if she didn't Victarion has neither the brains nor the political value of many others.

he can give her the best fleet in world...Iron fleet.so yeah he is valuable.

If she takes into account political value, I would expect Dany to consider the long term utility first.

Beside, Victarion cannot give her the Iron fleet... even the share of it he had has been split when Euron took his lieutnants from him. Furthermore, if he takes her as a bride, it would mean going against Euron's fleet, comprising most of the ironfleet since the kingsmoot, with women and readers watching and laughing at them from the stony shore.

Victarion only value is the one of a pawn. It would be foolish to make him a player.

If she takes into account political value, I would expect Dany to consider the long term utility first.

Beside, Victarion cannot give her the Iron fleet... even the share of it he had has been split when Euron took his lieutnants from him. Furthermore, if he takes her as a bride, it would mean going against Euron's fleet, comprising most of the ironfleet since the kingsmoot, with women and readers watching and laughing at them from the stony shore.

Victarion only value is the one of a pawn. It would be foolish to make him a player.

Im sorry but at the end of Victarions last pov,Euron says he was wrong,such big fleet wouldnt be able to sail accros narrow sea."I need best fleet to do that-Iron fleet".so Vixtarion will came to dany with Iron fleet,so yes,he can give it to her.

All long ships are not Iron fleet,only the best of them.

Frankly, considering that Euron has is also a ironborn, boasts about raiding as far as asshai, and actually takes to loyalty of almost all captains, saying that only Victarion has a fleet capable of doing that is ridiculous at best.

Victarion has a part of the whole ironborn fleet, so does Asha, but most of the loyalties lie with Euron. When Euron talked to Victarion, it was simple asskissing to get him to do what he wanted in his stead, because he wanted ironborns on the job instead of other people, not because he had not a fleet capable of doing it.

Archived