Will Dany ally with the Starks or make them enemy

Chacho88

Dany as of now hates The Starks and calls them the usurpers dogs, but what if she learned from selmy that her father burned Rickard Stark alive and made the son choke himself to death trying to save him, what if she learned taht Ned was so against her murder and her childs murder that he was willing to resign to Handship and turn his back on Robert. even more what if she somehow found out her father planned on burning Kings Landing to the ground

If Dany is going to win me over as a reader, she better not harm a single hair on any Starks head. The Stark children don't deserve to pay for Dany's misinformed and delusional recollection of her fathers reign and deposition.

In the words of Osha "The little lords have suffered enough"

I think that one of the barriers for a possible ally is that Starks hate Targaryens. Why they should ally? Dany the only thing she has is the dragons if her dragons stay alive and if she ever come to Westeros she has no right to the throne. Thus why she would need allies?

Dany is gonna die after all. It is known.

If Dany learns that from Selmy, coupled with the fact Ned is dead anyway, and the remaining Starks are kids (Jon aside) in addition to her needing allies I'd be surprised if she finds herself bearing that much of a grudge. But...anything can happen with Dany I think, we don't know where her arc is going or what kind of character she is turning into.

well if selmy dies before dany has a chance to talk to him about all that, then she may never know cuz i dont see anyone else with the balls to tell her the truth about her father, maybe tyrion

Oh yeah, you're right. Selmy is so going to die before Dany gets a chance to talk to him!

I think that eventually Dany will learn to co-exsist with the Starks if not ally with them. Barristan began planting the seeds by talking to her about how good a man Ned was and how he was completely against trying to kill her. I believe eventually she will learn the true story of how the rebellion started and she will understand and forgive the Stark name.

If Barristan sets her straight about the Starks, her father roasting one alive and strangling another, for his own amusement, etc., and how Eddard twice nearly came to sword blows with Robert over dead Targ children, she will perhaps relent in her dismissive hatred of them.

The Stark children don't deserve to pay for Dany's misinformed and delusional recollection of her fathers reign and deposition.

In the words of Osha "The little lords have suffered enough"

In the words of Will Munny - "Deserve's got nothin' to do with it."

Barristan Selmy already told her that Ned Stark defended her and tried to convince Robert not to kill her and her unborn child. Her reaction was ignore it, say that didn't changed anything and keep calling the Starks the usurper's dogs and putting them at the same level as the Lannisters.

And Selmy wanted to talk about Aery's madness and she didn't want to listen. Maybe she will listen one day or Selmy dies before he gives her a reality check about her crazy dad...

But if Jorah works his way back to her. Ned took everything from him and her view of Starks would be even more towards the negative side.

Depends if Selmy is there or not.

Selmy's age...eh, and the tricky situation he was in when Dany and Drogon took off. I almost thought he was a goner a few times.

As others have said, I don't see any rational reason for her to hold any grudges against the Stark children. However, I also don't see a compelling reason for them to ally with her either, and vice versa. If the dragons can be warged, then they don't really "need" her to fight the Others (if that's even what's going to happen at all), and I doubt the North wants to be ruled by anyone other than the Starks. She'll be in for a rude awakening if she tries to lump the North in with the rest of "her" kingdom.

As others have said, I don't see any rational reason for her to hold any grudges against the Stark children. However, I also don't see a compelling reason for them to ally with her either, and vice versa. If the dragons can be warged, then they don't really "need" her to fight the Others (if that's even what's going to happen at all), and I doubt the North wants to be ruled by anyone other than the Starks. She'll be in for a rude awakening if she tries to lump the North in with the rest of "her" kingdom.

I agree, It would be a cool scene to watch her array an army to get into the north, only to see drogon suddenly go crazy, we as the readers would know bran warged him.

I know no king but the King in the North whose name is Stark.

It might depend on the coterie of advisers she ends up with. Lets say Selmy is a goner, that potentially leaves Tyrion, Vic or Euron, Jorah, Marwyn (maybe), none of which are particularly sympathetic to the Starks and may have their own reasons for seeing that they lose out when Dany tries to conquer Westeros. If she wants to retake the Iron Throne she is probably going to need to hand out a lot of goodies to her supporters. Will Tyrion demand Sansa and the North too in addition to the Rock, presuming Dany finds a use for him as a councillor?

Archived